Discovery Gaming Community
John Merquise - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: John Merquise (/showthread.php?tid=23722)

John Merquise - Galacius - 07-22-2009

A bar on leeds...

Oh greetings monsieur it is good that you are meeting with me. I read your concerns about me doing some mercenary work for you. Oh I know, you are wondering "who might this dashing and fine looking specimen doing here so far from his native lands?" You do have a fine reason for asking this and I shall explain to you everything.

Oh dont wince good sir the food is here so let that fill up your time listening to my story. Mmmm this is so good to, back on Montbard all I ate was paste or dry wafers. That my friend, is not enough to satisfy any man. Oh and the drink to. Hmmm not quite as good as the stuff from home but I do like its taste.

But where was I, Oh yes, just starting my story. You see monsieur I am a former brigand from Gallia. Oh you ask what the brigands are and why I left? Good question! They were a pirate group that fought the dirty royalists and their pet corporations. Besides the food it was a good life and I miss it at times but when fate gives you snake eyes, you take it like the man you are.

To put it frankly I was exiled due to a disagreement with the the base commander of Montbard. You see he had this daughter and oh my, she had to have had the most beautiful buttocks I have ever lain my eyes on. You see I was quite high ranking at one point and I was entrusted with ma petite fleur, oh it brings tears to my eyes remembering her. The gros crapaud, oh excuse me what is your term for it, Ohhhh toad is it? The fat toad himself told me to take my sweet to the champaigne system where the toad and his wife would pick her up. On the way there, well things went the way things go, ohhh my where they not happy when they found my ship idly floating us still going at it.

Oh the toad was not pleased, not in the slightest. After they had her I saw what was written on the wall. All haste I booked it to Montbard and began packing my things. Well to put it simply my friends there got the hardest laugh they have ever had, most likely, from my little misadventure. Heh, after that they helped me pack, some even came with me.

You ask why I had to leave? Well, the old toad himself called out over the message waves to council and brigand alike that I had defected to the filthy pig royalists with armfuls of secrets, can you believe that? There was no recourse left but to leave gallia, I would rather die then work for the dirty royalists and any allies I had, just became my enemies. So some of the boys and I left. The brigands had always looked with lust at your lands you see. The soldiers, even higher ranking gunboat captains like myself, viewed sirius as the land of milk and honey, where fortunes were to be made. So we came here which in itself was a adventure.

What you dont want to work with ex brigands? Oh monsieur this makes me sad but do what you will. Now lets see if I can get this blasted comm to wor....Oh yes, prepare the harlot de captain' and the other ships. It seems we may have to go further into sirius for the milk and honey seems to be damned up somewhere.