Discovery Gaming Community
Unit 210 Historical Database - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Unit 210 Historical Database (/showthread.php?tid=23724)

Unit 210 Historical Database - Pulsus - 07-22-2009

Good day, this is a story about how my Unit 210 started to live. From the start, I will tell you how I got the idea to build such a futuristic robot... In my early years of childhood, I took a liking to robotics. I started to ask my parents to buy me some ordinary nanotubes, metal chips, chains, and some little electrical engines. I eventually built my first robot and named it Neronian. I watched it walk over the room, repeatedly. Then suddenly, it stopped, and a little white cloud of smoke came out of the chipset. I was sad that my first robot died so fast, so I said to myself, "One day Ill build something so Big and Robotic that it would astonish the whole human race, and Ill be the greatest Robotic Engineer in the whole Sirius Sector." Now, here I am building the greatest thing in my time However, before that I had built P.Unit 204, a model that is earning me the credits necessary to build this unit. I will upgrade both models; they give me a chance, I will give them a chance. When the time comes and if I will be willing to do so, I will turn myself into a robot. But it isnt the time for that now, and so I work all night on units who worked and failed, worked and failed. I was getting to the point of insanity Then I had a Eureka. A Robot is a Robot only when it is made of 100% robotic parts. So I started to experiment with animals. First the simple forms, and I saw a connection that the robot and a bioform have. They have a tendency of terminating each other through weakness, having a certain will of life, and even learning. But there was still one problem the bioform had Mortality.
So I thought if they are as mortal as anyone else that would be their key weakness. So I said, Well Unit that is your life line; Birth, Living, and Death. I started to build Unit 210 who is my first Explorer Unit. He was like a little child when he started to work, so I taught him about everything he liked. Strangely, he hated mathematical courses but he is an expert at it, and one day he said, "This Unit wants To Explore. So I said, "Ok then, then let's build you a proper ship that would work for you." My child had grown his legs. As he started to exist in the Sirius Sector, I showed him a variety of things on his home of Crete. At first, he started to scan every little rock he could find. Eventually he started to go far away from Home, and would be gone for a day, two days, a week And suddenly he came home! Like a child to his dad showing him what he has found. I was so proud at him and I said "Unit I will put in you a Fusion Power supply, enough to live 100 years if you want! Now, please take care of yourself. Go Go and fulfill your dreams." and so Unit 210 started his take off sequence, with the destination of a system called New York, I said to him my last words , "Be careful what road you take. There are invisible dangers in the darkness and goodness that only if from God given, so be careful what path you chose" and with that Unit 210 started to travel, and a tear rolled down the Creators cheek as his child had reached for the stars, and made it.

Omicron Kappa;
Unit Data:
:: CONNECTING:
:: G3 CONNECTED:
:: TRANSFERRING DATA:

"On this travel I have found my own Kind on planet Gammu. Soil and Terrain analysis conclude that some strange Human Kind had settled for a week or so and found high traces of radiation. Therefore, I concluded these Humans where changed by the Radiation when I was on the planet of My Kind. However, I found no Similarity between Us. They were... 100% robotic... I was confused, as they did not even have a mind of their own so What was their meaning in life?"
:: CONNECTION SHUT DOWN:

Omicron Delta;
Unit Data:

"So I started on my Journey to New York. I found my second system Omicron Delta. There were several Bases in that system. The First I scanned was in a cloud of purple nebula in which could be Harvested Niobium, and when I came within scanner range of that base it started to fire on me! I was confused and concluded that My Creator was right, some Things are Dangerous. I got to the second base; it was almost in the middle of the system, and is surrounded by Rocks. It didnt Open fire on Me, which amazed me. So I asked to Dock and the station scanned me deep and intensely. Eventually it said in some soft womans voice, "Please Stand By." I was there for 5 minutes, and then the Station contacted me and said, "Dock at Port Three." So I proceeded to dock on the station and began to repair the damage that the strange station had dealt to me. I settled there for 3 days because of the repairs, and I managed to crack into the Cameras. To my surprise, I found other Humans! Real humans, who were similar to my Creator, but there was something strange about them They would look at me as if I wasnt real or didnt matter. As a toy a Ghost. So I then went back to my travels, and proceeded to another system."

Omicron Minor;
Unit Data:

"The first thing I had found in this system was an S.O.S. Call. So I headed towards it, and when I arrived I saw something glowing blue. Something about it triggered my programming and with a quick automated notice, I started to battle it. "Commencing Harvest Protocol" flew into the System Comms. The fight was bad for the Humans; their vessel was destroyed. However my scanners had found the Pilots pod, and quickly tractored it in. I continued the fight, but it was going badly as my ship was heavily damaged. Thankfully, the pilot in the pod screamed some coordinates at me, to which I proceeded. Once there I found a battleship, which scanned me and found I had one of their pilots in the cargo hold. Then a deep male voice said, "Damn He has one of our Pilots. Unit, Proceed to Dock and lets see what we have here..." I continued as they requested and docked. The Humans were taking to me to some Unknown location. The voice that I heard over the transmission came back into hearing range, closer and closer it came. I quickly saw him as the boss, due to the way he gave orders around, "Secure the Perimeter! We don't know what this is and I dont want any surprises." So I said, "This Unit is not Hostile this unit is Neutral; Explorer."The commander then finally introduced himself as Tovig Kelt, and issued another order, "Take It into Custody. He turned towards me mid-sentence, We need a thermal scan of you, as frankly we don't know what you are." I said "Proceed," and Proceed they did. Two men took me to some room and I was there an Entire day until the Voice came back, "Youre free to go. Sorry for the delay, but we were not sure if you were an infected. Your ship is repaired and it's waiting for you on planet Toledo."I stood up and walked out of the now unlocked room, where I then proceeded to the Planet via shuttle. As I flew away, words seemed to be glitching onto my robotic lips, "Good Bye Human Unit Tovig Kelt" With no words on their side and the Battleship vanished, I continued to New York"

Alaska;
Unit Data:

"Here I found nothing but ice and nomads; it was a total badland. So I had nothing else to do but start the course that my Creator gave me. The first station I found had a nice, strange shape for a station, so I just scanned it and moved on. I did see a large number of Humans there, but they werent doing anything just sitting around. So I proceeded my way onto the next station, which I had found was a shipyard. Right outside of that shipyard was a Liberty Dreadnought! I was amazed at how large it was and after the scan of that magnificent Ship, I asked to dock. On the station as I was resupplying I saw that the Humans were watching me by all possible ways: Cameras, Guards, they even sent a simple Robot to scan me. I allowed it, and as it scanned me, some Human came from behind me and whispered into my metallic ear, "Be careful, they are watching your every step Get off the station as fast as you can." as the Human walk away I thought about those words. I decided to heed his advice and got into my flyer, soaring up into space. In Orbit, I found one human looking at my spaceship. I scanned him just to be safe and it turned out he was neutral. I proceeded onto New York, to which the Gate was 4 kilometers away. I finally arrived and went through the Jump Gate and I was right where my Creator told me to go New York."

New York
Unit Data:

"And here I was in New York, surrounded by mines, searching with my scanners for an exit. I finally found it and proceeded to the so-called Trade Lane. At first, it was strange to travel with it, but it really was fast. I know where Planet Manhattan was; I saw it earlier on the way. I went there, meeting numerous people from all over Sirius, and all kinds of ships. Everything was moving so fast that I didn't scan everything! When I docked on Planet Manhattan, I saw that the people where different; they didn't look at me as an alien form the Borderworld, They looked at me, as I was normal One of them. I settled there for a while, and met one human who was very interested in me. We started to be Friends and he taught me some words what humans use and gave me a whole other world of thinking and doing as I wish! His name is Mattaki Seido. Once I got into a fight near Manhattan, and it was long and gruesome. I was about to be defeated when Mattaki came and assisted me! We won the battle, and I was most grateful for his assistance, so I said, "When this Unit will be upgraded this Unit will give you a memory of it." Then I got a message from my Creator, "Come home quickly. I have another ship for you, a Model 300! That is my greatest creation and the last one as well, and I would like to see how youve been and so on So, I went back to Crete to get that modeling and the ship that my creator gave me, and here my friends, is where one story ends, and another begins."