Discovery Gaming Community
BAF and CR Event. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: BAF and CR Event. (/showthread.php?tid=23758)

Pages: 1 2

BAF and CR Event. - Gemel - 07-23-2009

OK so here is the story behind the event. The agent is being transferred from battleship Sterling and the Colonials have to get their agent back. The clash will be in Tau 31 between BAF and =CR= members, no indies on this one please. (Unless invited to make up numbers).

Thanks

See you Sunday at 19:00 GMT (20:00 British time) ((I hate DST and time differences))

BAF and CR Event. - swift - 07-23-2009

Yep, it will be a fun event, haven't had one in a while. Looking forward to it.

Oh and, for comparison, it is now 11:13 GMT, to avoid confusion with daylight savings. So you can refer to this post as a time pointer.

BAF and CR Event. - Athenian - 07-23-2009

This is scheduled for the same slot as the BHG/Core weekly event, one of the busiest times for the server. Could you change it to one of the other free times?

BAF and CR Event. - swift - 07-23-2009

That's up to Dedalus (Gemel) on this one, the organization of the event and the event itself is his.
I propose say.. instead of 20:00 GMT 19:00 GMT. This isn't the final word though.
And by the way Ath; I believe you might not be taking daylight savings in account.

BAF and CR Event. - MrHeadphones - 07-23-2009

All right, to clarify the GMT/DST for all British players, when it's 21:00 in Britain, it's 20:00 GMT. If it's getting switched to 19:00 GMT, then it's at 20:00 British time. Also, I'd like to be there, and I should be able to do so.

' Wrote:All right, to clarify the GMT/DST for all British players, when it's 21:00 in Britain, it's 20:00 GMT. If it's getting switched to 19:00 GMT, then it's at 20:00 British time. Also, I'd like to be there, and I should be able to do so.

Going on this timing...

The event is for 19:00 GMT, so in England it will be 8 o clock in the evening when it is due to start. So start logging on before then, i dont wanna have to wait an hour for everyone to log in starting at 8. Thanks

BAF and CR Event. - Dab - 07-23-2009

Was this discussed with LeMaitre?

Yes... but thanks for the concern

BAF and CR Event. - pbrione - 07-23-2009

Aye, I may or may not be able to make the event myself, but it should make for a fun RP plot nonetheless.

I beleive Unselie was looking into organising an MI5 contingent?

BAF and CR Event. - Gemel - 07-26-2009

Breifing for the Colonial Side.

Quote: *** Incoming Transmission ***
*** Decrypting Secure Texts ***

&%^*$^..... *** Pass Accepted ***

Colonials.

Three days ago one of the Colonial Intelligence Agents, Codenamed Patriot went missing. We have discovered he was captured by Bretonian counter intelligence while carrying out and assignment in the Dundee system. It is imperative that the agent is recovered. Or in the worst case scenario... Silenced.

The Bretonians are transferring him to a secure prison. This is our one chance to get him back easily. The convoy will be travelling through the Tau-31 system at approximately 19:00 hours. (GMT, with DST as it is now it will be 20:00. SO 8 O'clock english time!) They will head for the Edinborough Jumphole. I leave it to the commander of the air group to plan and attack the convoy.

And men. You must. Not. Fail.

Thank you.

[Director of Colonial Intelligence]

Quote:This is a high priority mission, high risk also. Due to the nature of the mission, we cannot afford to use large vessels, Fighters and Bombers only on this one.

The team must Launch from Minato shortly before the time. This allows us a chance to get into positions.

Till we make contact all pilots must maintain radio silence. Shortwave Secure comms only please! Once we make contact and EMP pulse will be fired at the Bretonians, This will knock out any chance of them calling for reinforcements and should disable the Prison ship. Fighters however will not be disabled and they will have to be disposed of as quickly as possible. The prison Vessel must not be fired on. I emphasise. MUST NOT! We cannot afford to destroy it. Once the fighters are destroyed we will send in a team of marines to storm the ship and recover the agent.

This is a one time opportunity... We have to take it.

This is tonight, try get on a bit earlier so we dont have to wait around all day. Should be a good fun event.