Discovery Gaming Community
raven claw or talon? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: raven claw or talon? (/showthread.php?tid=2384)

Pages: 1 2

raven claw or talon? - Commodore - 02-12-2007

Im having a hard time choosing

raven claw or talon? - supernova - 02-12-2007

Claw,Claw,Claw and Claw again.....its the best (if not the best) fighter in the entire discovery mod...in my opinion.;)

raven claw or talon? - BestFlyerHere - 02-13-2007

It depends on what you're looking for. Ravenclaw is more manuverable, but at the cost of less armor. The Raven's Talon is more of a traditional VHF. Lots of armor, but not much manuverability.

raven claw or talon? - Commodore - 02-13-2007

manuverability is more than twice as important as armor

ill get the ravenclaw

thanks

raven claw or talon? - supernova - 02-13-2007

Good choice my friend..good choice.:yahoo:

raven claw or talon? - Qunitinius~Verginix - 02-13-2007

I would say claw, it looks pretty awesome to boot! When I first saw one for sale I bought it straight away and I have allways been sure to have a character with one.

You have chosen Wisly.

Verginix Out

raven claw or talon? - TankTarget - 02-13-2007

Yeah I like the dang Raven Claw so much I went and bought two... But DO NOT make fun of the Raven's Talon or the Talon both fighters are monsters and if you do not respect their ability then you will die...

raven claw or talon? - askura - 02-13-2007

I'm in defence of the talon, as it can take more hits, and due to the turret it has a wider arc and depend on the turret type range than the raven.

the handling of the ship is pretty similar tbh, and id say the power capicity is a bit better, although thats most like due to the lack of a slot compared to the raven.

Both are good ships really, cant go wrong with either

raven claw or talon? - Mickk - 02-17-2007

' Wrote:I'm in defence of the talon, as it can take more hits, and due to the turret it has a wider arc and depend on the turret type range than the raven.

the handling of the ship is pretty similar tbh, and id say the power capicity is a bit better, although thats most like due to the lack of a slot compared to the raven.

Both are good ships really, cant go wrong with either

Yes, both ships are good.

As far as the way they fly though..... a Raven Claw will out fly a Talon flown by a pilot with similar skills, you can almost gaurantee it.

The simple reason is the Raven Claw is an 'Assault Fighter', it sacrifices armor to gain maneuverability, which in all truth it needs to bring it's gun's on to target as often as possible, while the Talon is a Very Heavy Fighter, it is built to be able to fly into a firefight, take damage and still keep punching.

Basically the Raven Claw needs to get in, make the kill and get out and recover, while the Talon can hang around and pound the enemy.

*note: I've flown both, the RC definately moves better than the Talon :P

raven claw or talon? - =C.C.E= Docsavage - 02-17-2007

I would say that the claw is better... I have flown both