Discovery Gaming Community
To His Royal Highness and Government in Gallia - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To His Royal Highness and Government in Gallia (/showthread.php?tid=23930)

Pages: 1 2 3

To His Royal Highness and Government in Gallia - worldstrider - 07-27-2009

Bonjour Honored Mesdames, Messieurs.

I am presenting this diplomatic proposal to all Gallic peoples and groups but particularly to those in service of His Majesty the King and to those in leadership within the Gallic Council. A proposal that centers on an issue affecting all Gallic citizens and transcends to a great degree political differences and interests amongst you.

As you are aware from your surveillances of outer Sirius, the Nomads wrecked havoc and nearly tumbled the house governments. Like Gallia, Kusari had its own Monarch, Tekagi. He was covertly subverted by an alien infestation and nearly destroyed the entire house of Kusari. In a like manner, the Chancellor of Rheinland--a proud state priding itself on obedience, strength and order--also was taken. As a consequence, Liberty nearly fell as well and many of its government were taken.

In one fell swoop, these entire houses and all their military might were taken and turned on the rest of Sirius...and indeed, even on their own subjects. This same fate could befall Gallia in the right circumstances. Our enemies, the Nomads and their proxies, the Wild, would then control the full might of Gallia and turn it to the destruction of both the Monarchy and Council--indeed, of all life in Gallia.

As I have already made known to the Monarchy, Council and a few other groups in Gallia, I am constructing the largest dedicated research facility for detecting and combating the Wild in Sirius. The Wild are a particular risk because they possess the means to walk amongst us as human. I intend to share all biological and psychological research regarding these creatures and how to defeat them and perhaps one day cure those infected by their taint.

The houses of outer Sirius live consumed by their own state of affairs. The Bretonian war with Kusari, the Rheinland conflict with Liberty and the never ending struggle for power between Corsairs, the Outcasts and Bounty Hunters. Sadly, the Order has become more consumed with the development of military power and less concerned with truly focusing on defeating the common enemy of all mankind. They are content to merely fight the Hunters and occasional packs of Nomad fighters and to stop shipping and destroy "contaminated Nomad remains". Form over function. They have greatly drifted from real resistance and no longer provide a sure guarantee of any sort of safety for all. The current conflicts coincide with an increase in Wild and Nomad activity. Tekagi's old stronghold is retaken and a new breed of Kusari infected are seen now and the old rumours that President Powell and the Chancellor were Nomad proxies has never been disproven.

Gallia remains the last, best hope of Sirius to resist the Nomads.

To this end, I propose to relocate the barge to gallia where I will oversee its administration and governance. In order to do this, I need assurances of its protection. It is not enough to say, "the Council will protect it" or the "Monarchy will". Both sides must agree or there is no safety for it. Research will center on physical vectors of the Wild and Nomads and how to interrupt them; medical interventions, technological applications, etc. Research also will center on the psychology and physiology of the Wild and how to use it against them. Finally, psychic studies will be performed. How to interrupt and block their "mind share" that seems to emanate and network from a powerful energy source in Omicron Iota. No weapons research will be done regarding Nomad technologies. This is the purvey of the Order perhaps and houses as they see fit. My research treats the Nomad-Wild as an infection and looks for containment and a cure. that we will share. So no one will derive an advantage militarily from this research and all will benefit from it.

To this end, I seek an accord. Will Royalist and Council forces agree to the neutral status of this research if it is moved to Gallia and provide jointly for its defense? All parties must agree or it will remain in its current location. I have already contacted Junker leaders and they all are willing to support and defend this installation as well--in fact, they may serve as go-betweens between Council and Royal parties helping even beyond the Wild-Nomad issue.

I await your replies esteemed, Mesdames and Messieurs...please respond here.

Junker Vladimir Tinkerbell, Ambassador

To His Royal Highness and Government in Gallia - Wolfs Ghost - 07-27-2009

Incoming Transmission

Comm ID: Prince Joseph DeFrance
Target ID: Ambassador Vladimir Tinkerbell
Subject: Reply

Bonjour Ambassador,

Perhaps a meeting, in person, with Council representatives, and yourself. Is in order? As I would rather talk about this face-to-face like normal men, then harassing each other over Comm's.

Until this happens, however, the Monarchy will have to abstain from giving a further reply.

Au Revoir.

Transmission Terminated

Bonjour Prince.

That is the idea. Yet rounding up authorities for a meeting in Gallia is like herding cats.

I will continue to broadcast this com and when I receive enough replies we can arrange a meeting. Thank you for the kindness of your response.

Au Revoir,
Ambassador Tinkerbell

To His Royal Highness and Government in Gallia - Jokoro - 07-27-2009

Incoming Transmission...

I speak only as a Margrave of the Crown, ambassador, and offer my opinion only. I await the decision of the Grand Marshall and will abide her word and action only. Regardless, I tell you now that there is no common ground between us and the Council. First of all, you are asking us to reach an agreement with rebels and traitors, vermin who have backstabbed and betrayed friends, family, and country in order to fulfill personal greed and achieve selfish power. How do you even suggest we trust them? How do you suggest I trust pilots who have slayed innocent civilians and shown no regard for human life? The notion would be hilarious if it wasn't so disturbing.

Secondly, you are asking us to trust you, ambassador... and to be quite frank, I trust you even less than the Council. At least I know the true colors of the traitors. Your "research project" could very well be a forward outpost for a military invasion, a mobilization by the rest of the Sirius Sector to try to finish what they tried and failed to do centuries ago when your people sabotaged our sleeper ship. Your kind has shown nothing but disrespect for Gallia, using and abusing the King's space as your own personal exploration agenda and openly consorting with the Council. No, ambassador... in my opinion, there can be no agreement here. Orders stand to shoot down any hostile vessel in the kingdom, and seeing as how all Sirian ships could be possible spies or invaders, those orders will not change.

I await only the word of the Grand Marshall to consider this "diplomatic channel" to be closed.

Au revoir.

Margrave Josef Revenant

To His Royal Highness and Government in Gallia - Tenacity - 07-27-2009

...Incoming Transmission...
<Comm ID: Ferraileur Mitraille>

Margrave, you show a great deal of disrespect towards a body which has contributed to the technology of Galloise for centuries, and continues to do so to this day. Ambassador Tinkerbell may be a junker from Sirius, but remember that they originated from our own junkers that made their way through the minefields hundreds of years ago. We may have been seperated with only minimal communication lines for many decades, but we are still one family.

If it were not for us, Gallia would have no jump gates, no trade lanes, and only a fraction of the starship technology which it relies on every minute of every day.

From what we know of these alien threats that Sirius has faced, they can be beaten, but only by unified efforts. The council currently stands in the way of a unified Gallia, and while it has it's purpose... it will not last forever. We must plan for the future of our Royalist nation, or we may be the next victims of these largely unknown threats.

Regardless, the Ambassador does not ask that you collaborate or work with the council, only that a facility constructed, owned, and operated by the Ferraileurs with the goal of defending against inhuman threats be left out of your targetting priorities. This facility will prove useful to all of Gallia, and I do not expect our King to resist it's construction.

I will attempt to remain diplomatic but let me remind messieur of a few pertinent facts.

I am no member of the Monarchy or beholden to the Council. I have ties outside of Gallia that are quite extensive and do not necessitate an agreement with you or anyone else.

The Nomads do not need me as a "forward base" nor have they ever used anyone in such a way--they take what they want. Part of the research I share will be the means to detect fully an "infected host" so there will be no doubt as to who is trustworthy or who is not.

My offer is to insure Gallia is as equipped as possible for a potential Nomad threat--that its citizen's not be left helpless or unprepared. I care little for the politics of the Realm--only for its safety and primarily the safety of the Junker citizens within it.

I will work with the willing. Those who are not willing need not participate and then I will go to those who will. Make your choices messieur but make them for pragmatic and practical reasons and from personal motives.

With or without your inolvement I am able to continue. My offer is more for your benefit--not my own.

Ambassador Tinkerbell

To His Royal Highness and Government in Gallia - Boss - 07-27-2009

Incoming Transmission
Encryption: 4096RSA
Comm ID: Admiral Pierre Deveroux
Source: Macon Base, Burgundy
Target: Ambassador Vladimir Tinkerbell

I, Admiral Pierre Deveroux of the Council, am listening. A threat to all of Gallia you say? This merits some investigative diggings at the least. Feel free to contact me at your leisure, that we may discuss this more in-depth.

Deveroux, out

Transmission ended

Ah--tres bien!

It will be good to speak with you sir. I assure you it will be eye opening and the threat I describe will be quite obvious.

No one group in Sirius should hold this knowledge for themselves. All must know of it. I share freely and after waiting for a few more replies will contact you shortly.

Ambassador Tinkerbell.

To His Royal Highness and Government in Gallia - Jokoro - 07-27-2009

Pragmatic and practical reasons? I don't understand how I can be more practical, ambassador. I do not believe we need or can trust the Council, I do not believe we need or can trust you, and I do not believe the Nomads pose a significant threat to Gallia. If you believe otherwise, you underestimate the might of the Crown... a foolish error.

Again, I await the orders of Grand Marshall LaCroix. If you are straining to remain cordial to me, mon amis, just because I am the one being realistic... well, I will let you see for yourself.

It is amazing how we can confuse belief with fact. My research offers facts--fully at my own risk and expense-- yet you refuse to consider them because of your beliefs. You find this logical..pragmatic?

A wise man would look for himself to see. Have you faced a Nomad in combat? Have you lost a loved one to the Wild and watched them return to slay your family walking in the form of that loved one yet no longer human?

Believe all you want. I respect facts, not belief. My proposal is not for joint basing or shared military presence--simply for an agreement that the center will be neutral and if attacked will be defended by units present. How you find this threatening is beyond me--especially with so much "might" at your disposal.

It is good that you are a man under authority. I will wait for the response of those superior to you.

Ambassador Tinkerbell