Discovery Gaming Community
Building a Bounty Hunter Gunship - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Building a Bounty Hunter Gunship (/showthread.php?tid=23979)

Pages: 1 2

Building a Bounty Hunter Gunship - Demoses - 07-28-2009

So, after seeing the sleek design and manuverability of the Hunter's gunship, I feel I must posses one. Only problem is I found out there are only 4 forward facing guns. I did a bit of reading and have come to understand that doing missiles in the front is just... overwhelming to anything smaller than a gunboat. So now I come to you people, to ask your for opinion from your experience in the matter.

Oh, and one more thing. I would like to give this to a my mercenary, Raisiphus. He has been known to work on the shady side of the law, as a mercenary of course, so would he be allowed the ship or would he have to become full hunter?

Thanks ahead of time.

Building a Bounty Hunter Gunship - agentmike - 07-28-2009

are you referring to the Orca class ship?

if in fact you are, yes, according to this chart:
Technology Use In Sirius
the mercenary ID allows the usage of bounty hunter ships.

so, the question is what are you going to use the ship for?
if your going after mainly fighters, solaris's and missiles are good for that. if your going after larger ships (gunboats, traders, ect.) then you need regular turrets, or cerebs, and perhaps a razor or pulse cannon. if your going after larger capships, then you need alot of razors or pulse cannons.

also, keep in mind that the Orca comes with a forward gun thats pretty impressive. doesnt have alot of range in movement though. pretty much only shoots forward, but i believe its stronger than a razor, and uses less power and alot faster refire rate than razor.

Building a Bounty Hunter Gunship - Athenian - 07-28-2009

The green box only tells half the tale. Guild ships shouldn't be considered a one-stop shop for mercenary needs. (Considering how you have chosen to not join the Guild, trying to access one of their ships is a little disingenuous.)

Treat the gunship as a fully factionalised ship. Just as you wouldn't expect a mercenary to use a Liberty gunboat to kill Liberty Navy ships, don't abuse the gunship by working for criminals.

It can power one missile, that's about all. Razors and pulses and work on your aim. Alternatively the BHG has its own line of turrets.

Building a Bounty Hunter Gunship - Robert.Fitzgerald - 07-28-2009

I agree with Athenian. It doesn't make sense for the Bounty Hunters Guild to support their competition (mercenaries and freelancers) by providing them top equipment, especially with a war going on as well.

I would go with 5 turrets/solaris and a missile, or 3 razors, 3 pulses.

Building a Bounty Hunter Gunship - Demoses - 07-28-2009

Talking about the bottle nose here, oh and I will make him a hunter just so that there are no problems.

Building a Bounty Hunter Gunship - Robert.Fitzgerald - 07-28-2009

The bottlenose has 6 slots, so the above loadouts work well. Remember to put missiles / razors on the front firing slots, as they won't work as well when shooting in rear view. Normal turrets work very well in rear view.

Building a Bounty Hunter Gunship - NonSequitor - 07-28-2009

Two helpful setups for your BH gunship:

Anti-fighter/bomber: 1 missile turret and 5 normal BH turrets. Or all normal BH turrets. Solaris turrets are ok, but lack punch. When chain-fired, the BH turret is a decent turret.

Anti-capship: 3 battlerazors and 1 pulse cannon on the front. 2 pulse cannons on the back. Incidentally, this setup can get you some nice instakills vs. fighters/bombers but it takes practice. But no matter how good you are with aiming, if 3+ fighters with mini-razors (or bombers) decide to tag team you, you're toast.

The BH gunship is a nice little number, but not the most flexible ship out there.

If you really want to go gungho, start saving up for the cap IV armor now. You'll need it.

Good luck!

Building a Bounty Hunter Gunship - Irra - 07-28-2009

I used on my ship ... 2 Razors and 2 Cerberus ... and behind 2 normal ... it works good if you can hit ... before that i had 2 missiles and 2 normal guns before i bought Razors ... sold ship ... it wasn't fair to hunt all those little pirates with it its too good:D

Building a Bounty Hunter Gunship - carlabrams - 07-28-2009

' Wrote:Talking about the bottle nose here, oh and I will make him a hunter just so that there are no problems.
Yeah, that's greatly appreciated.

And please make sure that you have the BH ID before you get to the ONLY place in Sirius where that ship is sold. If someone who shall remain nameless (whose name sounds a LOT like mine) that keeps an eye on who is in our Guard system sees you in there and you're not BH ID'd - you're at a minimum going to get fined. (Also - KEY note - just because you have a good enough rep to buy the ship, that does NOT mean you'll have a good enough rep to buy the EQUIPMENT - as many people have found out.)

Oh, and at the maximum, you won't get to leave the system alive... :)

Building a Bounty Hunter Gunship - Hawkwings - 07-28-2009

Remember folks! When setting up a new character, Rep and ID first, then buy the ship. It will save you so much grief.