Discovery Gaming Community
Reputation issues. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Reputation issues. (/showthread.php?tid=2398)

Pages: 1 2

Reputation issues. - Genma - 02-13-2007

The topic description says it all.

I have seem to bug 2 of my 4 characters in the server, by switching factions and aborting missions. Now, I cant seem to get a favourite (flashing) Green/friendly faction.

This is what happened:

My first character, Genma, was a Corsair, I had 0 knowledge on the RP situation of the server, so I just got all the equipment I wanted (Rehinland guns) and a Slipstream (Boundush [spell?] ship). After getting a few "A corsair in a slip? WTF" comments around some systems, I decided to check the whole faction/ships/RP/etc deal of this server. At this time, Corsair was flashing and my name was displayed like "Corsair - Genma", wich is completelly normal, until...

Well, I decided to make a complete makeover to my character and make him an Order pilot, securing the unknown and omicron systems. I fly a nemphys, have an order ID, and order equipment. The only problem is that I cant seem to be able to get friendly with the Order, so my name can be portrayed correctly.

I take Order missions all the time, but Im friendlier with the Xenos, Corsairs and other groups, instead of my actual faction, The Order.

This happened a second time with my second character, McFly, wich is a Rehinland Military Heavy Patrol (Wrath + Rehinland equipment + RH Military ID) Im friendlier with the RH Police and Interspace commerce than the RHM.

I wonder how can I fix this?

The real reason Im asking is because some people in here has big trouble with people with the wrong tabs and titles, so I dont want to piss them off, honestly.

PD: If I may give a small suggestion, mounting a faction ID should put you as (chessy phrase incoming!) friends forever with that faction no matter what AND change the Freelancer dash blag blah blag with the proper faction name when you get scanned for cargo. It would add a LOT to RP.

Reputation issues. - Koolmo - 02-13-2007

Well, to get your rep down with other factions, take missions for them, and ABORT them. That groups rep will gradually decrease, and soon you'll lose that tag. Just try to get the tag you want second on the list, so you don't have to do a lot of chasing around.

For example, to on your order char, kill a few Xenos, and a few of whatever else, until the 2 things at the top of your list are: Corsair (flashing) and Order (second). Then, go and fail a bunch of corsair missions until you lose the tag, and you'll pick up the Order tag.

As for the "freelance 5478437" thing, I don't believe there is a fix for that. It right into the game.

Problem is, none faction is flashing at all anymore. They are all green, but no flashing.

I know the whole abort mission / do mission routine, but the problem is the lack of favourite faction in my list, like I said, no faction is flashing and they all keep switching places.

Are you carrying any tag at all? ask someone ingame, if you are, its probable because you havent ment a certain group yet, but your carrying their tag.

Reputation issues. - sushi - 02-13-2007

' Wrote:Are you carrying any tag at all? ask someone ingame, if you are, its probable because you havent ment a certain group yet, but your carrying their tag.

How the heck would THAT happen?

I've had a ship carrying interspace tags without having ever met an interspace ship. Its very annoying, because your reps are at full, but they never start flashing...

Reputation issues. - Nightfall - 02-13-2007

That happens easy - you kill someone's enemies a lot and the word spreads, nevermind you didn't meet them.

(also, there are no Interspace NPC ships in the game, Interspace is... basically an insurance company, if you were to meet a NPC of their's in the bars or on one of their stations, you'd see the reps).

Yeah, I have met ships of the faction ID Im using, in fact, I always fly around their systems for a bit of RP:)

I'll try to get EVERYONE to neutral (except hostiles of course) and then work my way from there, I hope that works.

OT Question : Is there any place to take high level Rheinland Military missions? Im talking around the 200k - 300k type of missions.

Reputation issues. - Fellow Hoodlum - 02-13-2007

That would be down in O-15 if you are in that area, there is a BS around there somewhere ...

Hoodlum

Amazing thanks, but I guess I'll have to hold all my plans with the server changing and stuff.