Discovery Gaming Community
Deaths| To the Junkers Congress - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Deaths| To the Junkers Congress (/showthread.php?tid=23995)

Pages: 1 2 3

Deaths| To the Junkers Congress - Errant.Venture - 07-28-2009

-----Incoming Transmission----

Dear Junker Congress,

The JGS-Lobelia was destroyed by Deaths| today when she attempted to defend Rogue Junkers Flying Outcast Tridentes, in texas. The Deaths| were engaged by Legacy.Slayer[x] and Legacy.Infamous. Infamous was in a BW Bomber, and Slayer[x] also known as Slayor, was flying a Junker IDed/IFFed Outcast tridente. Pulling up previous information, on Slayor i found these:

Classified Information has been Encrypted
The Deaths| did your well known and respected faction a favor. Here are the screenshots from the engagement:

http://i25.tinypic.com/2ntwdib.jpg

they engaged us outside the field of scraps, so Allegation by JGS-Lobelia is....saddening that such a person would be allowed by the congress to pilot a vessel.

Although there is a christening, i dont see the Junker Congresses Approval:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...&hl=lobelia

here is the not so nice commentary:
http://tinypic.com/r/fdun0p/3

If The Junker Congress in all their wisdom are going to condone the actions of the Legacy's then The Treaty, which we Deaths| wished to form with the Junker Congress is no longer wanted.

Respectfully,

Colonel Cameron Mitchell

Deaths| To the Junkers Congress - worldstrider - 07-28-2009

I'm not sure who approved the vessel on the Junker side but I am not certain the Congress did despite the claims to the contrary.

Any Congress ship you see will be a gunboat or smaller and most are transports. Its very unlikely they had anything to do with any of these vessels other than sharing the name "Junkers".

As to "doing a favor" by killing Junkers--that's very debatable. What was your own reason?

Self Defense.

We were currently engaged with THe_Hook, and Kaspi, who had tried to pirate/destroy a Deaths| ship in texas along the trade lanes.

I regret that we had to destroy these Junkers Ships, and, had they been/if they are, Condoned by the Junker Congress, The last business we will have with you, will be a reparation remittance for a total of 1 million sirius credits to aid in the repair of these lost ships.

-Colonel Cameron Mitchell

Deaths| To the Junkers Congress - worldstrider - 07-28-2009

Heh...understand I am an independent party now. You will have to contact the Congress about reperations and might consider some of your own before you do.

----Incoming Transmission----

Thank you for your time. I will await a response from the Junkers Congress. The Deaths| at this point in time, only wish for our treaty to be passed/considered. Nothing beyond that is needed.

Thank you for your time.

-Colonel Cameron Mitchell

Deaths| To the Junkers Congress - Galacius - 07-28-2009

I said that after you guys where going off on me for having it. Seriously you were all and I quote "YOUR NOT A JUNKER WHY ARE YOU IN A HESSIAN CRUISER THAT OUT OF RP" and other such lines. I was quite exhasperated and why i did the "haha" when you people where yelling at me for having the cruiser and being oorp when i was very much not. Why would I not be a bit irate first at you causing trouble in the middle of a scrapfield right next to a junker base AND not leaving when asked? If you do not believe me on my conduct that was oorp ask finnegan he was there for that.

Also here you go http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42342
and if you check the hessian messsage dump youll see i got permission and was ok'd by both parties.

Deaths| To the Junkers Congress - Maj.Marshall - 07-28-2009

We were in Combat we couldnt exactly move at the time

End Transmission

Deaths| To the Junkers Congress - Galacius - 07-28-2009

Also here is the dump where I was given the ok http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...15642&st=20

Dear Junker Congress,

While JGS-Lobelia is quick to point out that "We" Deaths| went off on her about the....ship. I would like to point out that the entire Fiasco went like this:

Lt. Golden Ace was being Pirated/Attacked by The_Hook and Kaspi for a 4 million dollar contract collected recently on their heads by Deaths| that resulted in a cross system Chase for about 1 hour with out using cruise engines. We finally cornered both, and destroyed their vessels. THis contract was set by Trader Singularity, as these men had no ettiquette and liked to resort to gunplay, over profit. With that said, When Deaths| were engaged by the 2 Legacy's, we had already been in combat, with THe_hook and Kaspi for about 10 minutes. THe Legacy's felt the need to intervene. While engaging the Legacy's and Kaspi, i was shot down, by kaspi. I was not present for the incident with the JGS-Lobelia. However...the conversations being heard, and orders being shouted over our secure Comms "ventrilo" were less then pleasing. Apparently JGS-Lobelia, as stated had opened fire on Deaths| to aid these Legacy's.

Before I move on please understand the Deaths| are highly trained, and threat assessment is a basic course taken before flight school. Seeing as the JGS-Lobelia, by involving itself, was by far th largest threat, our gunboats and bombers opened fire on her. She did try to retreat, however, by using Pragmatic Deduction, a Dead RHA Cruiser, is by far less of a threat then a hastily repaired one, launching mortars from afar.

For this reason, self preservation, the Deaths| did their job as only they know how. Please let it be noted, only 1 ship was lost in this fight, and Lobelia, and the Legacy's were destroyed. This is credited to our extensive training. For future reference, before an incident such as this happens again, Deaths| are more then willing to be diplomatic, and explain, from a safe distance.

It should also be mentioined that we did tell JGS-Lobelia to not involvev herself, but apparently she got Bloodlust, and had a gunner with an itchy trigger finger.

As you can see the result was less then satisfying for both sides. The Junkers lost 3 ships, and we lost 1, and are on eggshells with this Treaty.

If you have more questions, and when JGS-Lobelia is willing to see reason, i.e. realizing that the comments in this Diplomatic channel, are the exact reason she was destroyed, (rashness, overconfidence, and lack of ettiquette) then I would be more then willing to talk with all parties. However until then I find i must recover from these Superficial ailments.

One other thing worth noting, is that the obviously delusional JGS-Lobelia, in Her Captains Own mind....did, yes recieve permission, in this distorted reality. In her Captains mind, both the RHA and the Junker Congress approved this. However the Reality is, I see no evidence here:

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42342

Regarding an official Junker Congress Representive or RHA Representive making an official statement on THE Lobelia's behalf, As Diplomat Tinkerbell has done in regards to this diplomatic matter.

While I wish to impress upon The Lobelia's Captain, that simply by stating something, it doesnt make it true, I have the same problem with Captain Murdock, in regards to many issues. So explaining is futile, and no further comment will be made regarding this....Approval.

I do hope, that despite this mishap, Deaths| and Junkers can continue to work towards this mutually beneficial treaty.

With Respect and Reason,

Colonel Cameron Mitchell

Deaths| To the Junkers Congress - Rudo - 07-28-2009

COMM ID: Arbiter Hannibal Bishop

Salutations;

Colonel. I'm curious as to what, exactly, the Congress has to do with this. The Congress does not own the stations, nor the scrap fields. No singular party has total ownership over any Junker establishment except for Puerto Rico, which is ours and left open to visitors who play by the rules and acknowledge all risks. We are simply a party acting toward the benefit of those Junkers who do not hang themselves with their actions.

While I am aware of the Lobelia, that vessel is the property of the captain and his crew. We had no say in the acquisition of that ship, and we will have no involvement in the storm that will erupt when the Hessians decide they want it back. When the doings of that ship negatively impact our objectives, then we will take action. We do not restrict the freedoms of the individual Junker to seek their own path, whether that be to find one's own riches or to condemn themselves to a cell or the cold expanse. Rather, the core principle of the Congress is to reinforce those freedoms.

A Junker who jury-rigs Corsair weaponry to a Liberty Rogue vessel is a Junker who will learn the cruel lesson of hardwired no-tamper destructive sequences sooner or later, if not simply drawing the ire of the Liberty Rogues, the Corsairs and the local law all in one master stroke. A Junker who through bargaining or treachery finds himself 'owning' a Hessian Cruiser, will quickly find himself owing the Hessians more than the base price and more than such a ship could earn or ever be worth. Those Junkers will pay for their mistakes and our hands will be clean. It's a fact of life; pirates are bastards and so am I.

Now, regarding this treaty: Why do you speak as though the Deaths| usage of Puerto Rico is of benefit to any party besides the Deaths|? We have adequate markets for our weaponry, and our shipyard has enough work to keep our crews busy. If I recall correctly... you sought us out, because there is no other safe harbour in Liberty for your organization. You have nothing to offer us. We do not need your protection through your service, nor do we need protection from you. You may see your organization as something different, but to us you're all just another group of warmongers looking for a reason to fight. Nothing special, and nothing we haven't seen before. We have held Rochester with CSVs against the Xeno movement for decades. What makes a band of freelancers any more of a threat than that?

In regards to Puerto Rico, as was said before: the stations and shipyards are there to be used by anyone who knows what to do. Pay the station handlers, assume all risks, provide reason for why you should be allowed to ever be seen outside Puerto Rico again, and watch your back. That goes for you, that goes for people we've had better work relationships with, that goes for everyone except other Junkers.

As for the Legacy Junkers, and every other "junker" who has taken our tag and exploited its good reputation for poor behaviour and a safe haven in every corner of explored space: they are not our problem. If there is to be Junkers spilling Junker blood, the Congress will only act if we ourselves are directly threatened either through a deliberate splintering and betrayal, or if acts of blind stupidity start doing real damage. I would suspect the latter will happen well before the former.

To close; we grow tired of the bickering here. This is not our problem, you only further hazard your already rocky position with us by insisting we punish Junkers for actions against non-Junkers. They may be stupid, but they're Junkers.

You need to learn how our culture works if you want to use Puerto Rico and not end up a corpse. That's free advice.

- Bishop