Discovery Gaming Community
Ultamate mod - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Ultamate mod (/showthread.php?tid=2419)

Ultamate mod - Commodore - 02-14-2007

Ive played some great mods, like discovery and crossfire, but the need to have something in between is growing. Discovery should become a TC for FL, like crossfire. Discovery is the best mod I've played, but crossfire seems like a whole new FL universe, with even new nomads. Discovery should be better than it is now. It should be more vastly changed. It is the best mod I've known, but can be better. Maybe adding more to it, new intro, new factions, many new systems, many new ships, new title screen,new HUD, and more would make it funner to play than any other mod out there.

Ultamate mod - Mandarax - 02-14-2007

If you want to pay Igiss's living expenses so he doesn't have to have a job or school or anything like that so he can devote his entire life to modding, that sounds like a great idea:P

Ultamate mod - Koolmo - 02-15-2007

And pay him his salary... and everone else that contibutes ideas or ships to this game, as well a cadre of beta-testers, who will devote all their time to playing new ships.

I'll volunteer for beta tester.

Ultamate mod - Commodore - 02-15-2007

no, i mean just making thwe mod a TC, rather than just an add on

Ultamate mod - Koolmo - 02-15-2007

The point of disco ISN'T conversion, its addition to the vanilla game. Thats why the SW and BSG ships take flack, is because they're not vanilla based at all. Disco isn't supposed to be a TC mod.

Ultamate mod - Commodore - 02-15-2007

okay okay, then delete this topic

Ultamate mod - Mandarax - 02-15-2007

Besides, all the suggestions would take thousands of hours to realize with any semblence of quality, and noone has that kind of time.

Ultamate mod - DBoy1612 - 02-15-2007

Ok, there is a reason that we play Discovery dude. ( Well at least this is my reason ). We all love the Vanilla Freelancer, how it was meant to be. And Discovery takes that and makes it 100 times better. Thats the reason I love this mod.

Ultamate mod - Igiss - 02-15-2007

The concept is all right. "Vanilla Extended" concept could also be extended - new factions, models, even a new House or two, many new systems. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll ever be able to spend so much time. 4.82 required massive amounts of time, but back then I was looking for a job; other major versions were mostly created during vacations, holidays, etc. This year, I won't have any vacations until September. You should understand that my capabilities are rather limited (besides, using that September vacation exclusively for modding doesn't sound like a great idea).

Creating some kind of modding team is no solution, cause then everyone will pull the mod in different directions. There must be only one person responsible for world building.

And I'm in no way trying to compete with Crossfire. Crossfire is a huge 180-Mb mod with special serverside software, full-scale mod installer and many many other things that are not in Discovery, and never will be.

Ultamate mod - Virus - 02-16-2007

Besides... It would take too long to DL the mod! DX