Discovery Gaming Community
++Tombship++ WIP Design concept. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: ++Tombship++ WIP Design concept. (/showthread.php?tid=24240)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

++Tombship++ WIP Design concept. - Kadaeux - 08-02-2009

Ok, some of you may have discovered my Tombship character on his mission across Sirius.

Well as an accomplished 3d Modeller I felt that maybe this unique character deserves a special ship to go with his morbid nature.

So I share my WIP Tombship to see what people think and any suggestions they have to improve upon the craft.

At current time its at 898 Polygons.

[Image: Tombshipb.jpg]
[Image: Tombshipa.jpg]

Design Notes.

It is supposed to be a Gunboat sized craft, half the design is a Coffin and the other obviously a Cathedral. Bodies are stored within cold storage of the vessel, well shielded and armoured but not nimble at all though its no slower than any other gunboat.

ITs also intended to be a one-of-a-kind.

Intent is for either 4 or 6 guns (preferably 4)

++Tombship++ WIP Design concept. - BlueSpawn - 08-02-2009

While you make this suggestion, you need to also inform why this ship could be used widely by others.

++Tombship++ WIP Design concept. - Turkish - 08-02-2009

Very simple and elegant design, as a one off I very much like it. Some points would be to pick an engine effect for it and then design a suitable engine pod or dirve section for it.

I know its annoying, but it will help it mesh with the FL FX much more easily. Otherwise keep it up, and maybe post a wire if you could? :laugh:

' Wrote:While you make this suggestion, you need to also inform why this ship could be used widely by others.

It couldn't. It is intended to be a special request one of a kind vessel, according to Cannon it has happened once before. It is my hope to be the second.

@Turkish: Thanks mate. And yes, I hadn't considered the Engines yet..... It's mesh isn't the cleanest (due to the arch,) but the UVW map is clean anyway. I'll try and get a Meshview up.

++Tombship++ WIP Design concept. - Sprolf - 08-02-2009

Nice ship.
The design is cool

And good luck with getting the single-person special ship.
You are going to need a little bit of luck to get this through, heh.

Try to RP as much as possible with it for the next year, and maybe you'll have a good chance.

++Tombship++ WIP Design concept. - lw'nafh - 08-02-2009

I have to say mate, that's one damn good model!

Don't suppose you booleaned the arch shape? If so you can get away with as long as you clean up the mesh. Don't rush yourself for us, just take your time and enjoy the process.

Looking at the Bayonet model may give you an idea of how modeling the drive section to accomodate teh FX can help. Back then, I wasn't all too aware of the awkwardness a beautiful design can bring.

[Image: Tombshipwire.jpg]

The Wire

EDIT:
@Sprolf: Thanks mate, I'll need all the luck and considerable RP skill I have!

@killa Kanga: Thanks mate, took me 30 minutes!

@Turkish: Yep, the mesh is pretty clean except for the Arch locations.

Overall I like the look, from the side though it looks a little bland. But that isn't entirely important if you consider pilot's perspective and how it will be seen.

' Wrote:Overall I like the look, from the side though it looks a little bland. But that isn't entirely important if you consider pilot's perspective and how it will be seen.

Yes I realised she's hideous from the side. But then I thought "Since when were coffins, let alone flying ones, supposed to look good:D

A sample of other work I have done (but not for freelancer, according to Cannon the engine couldn't handle the several hundred (nearly a thousand) weapons on it!

[Image: Aftdefences.jpg]
[Image: HangarsandLances.jpg]
[Image: Weaponbattery.jpg]
[Image: VoidShieldTower.jpg]
[Image: Marscont5.jpg]

Last was a Signature I did for an old forum account with it.
[Image: imperialnavy.jpg]