Discovery Gaming Community
I need a signature - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Media Center (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: I need a signature (/showthread.php?tid=24277)

I need a signature - LA-384 - 08-02-2009

Alright people, i need a signature.
It needs to be nice, clean and scream pure awesome.
It needs to contain the following character picture:
[Image: Tvasquez.jpg]
You may enhance it any way possible, as long as the character is still recognizable
If you need to psd-file, you can find it here

I'm thinking about something along the lines of Kindred's signature (the switching between ships with their character thingy).
It needs to contain 3 ships; titan, praetorian and pirate transport (preferably my own renders, or one you made yourself, if it has a better viewing angle).
The titan and praetorian could go along with the name Tiburcio Vasquez and above character picture, while the pirate transport should go along with Yarrrbles and doesn't really need a character picture.
It should also contain the catchphrase:
"Calling dibs on your belongings since 793AS" or "Calling dibs on your possessions since 793AS"

You can also choose to put the character picture on a seperate frame as some sort of introduction, then put the ships after this frame, each with their own frame.

I currently don't have any credits to spent, but someone saved a huge amount for me, so please try your best. You will recieve feedback from me. If your signature didn't make it, but it shows you put a lot of effort in it, you will recieve a consolation prize in the form of a small amount of credits.
The winner will be contacted by me.

I don't like the huge 700x500 signatures, since they scream amateur. I think 7x2.5 would be a nice max. aspect ratio.

I need a signature - ed_philips38 - 08-02-2009

I'd like to give it a try.

I need a signature - Internity - 08-03-2009

I gave it a try . Not sure if it is how you wanted but I animated the ships and text and character picture.
Abstract/grunge/sparkle background. Also I think you mentioned 700x250 over there because I don't understand 7x2.5.

Deleted

I need a signature - LA-384 - 08-03-2009

Looks nice Internity, but it has a bit of a billboard feeling. The only thing missing is the neon lights.
Maybe you can try to limit it to two frames. One frame with the character, the titan, the praetorian and the name Tiburcio Vasquez. THe other frame with the pirate transport, the name Yarrrbles and the phrase "calling dibs... etc". The transition between the two frames should be fast without (much) fading, both taking long enough to actually read it all (maybe 2 - 3 seconds?).

I wonder how that would look like. You did a great job nonetheless, i like the colors and background. Maybe it's also possible to give the ships and the character a bit of that brown/sepia look. Maybe also making them a bit "grainy", so they wouldn't stand out that much.

The 7x2.5 aspect ratio can indeed be 700x250. it can also be 350x125 or 600x214
This is a maximum aspect ratio, meaning the second number shouldn't exeed 2.5 (so no 7x3). I think it will look too big, i like the signature to be thin/slender.

Space scenes could also be a great background.

I need a signature - Internity - 08-03-2009

All the changes made, I can make the frames change even faster so tell me if you want them to change instant.

Deleted

I need a signature - LA-384 - 08-04-2009

Hmm no, all colors got changed now. I liked the original colors, but instead of applying a color mask to the entire signature, you might want to try to change colors of the ships and the character only. So they somewhat match the color of the background in the first signature you made. The transition between the two parts of the signature would imo look better if they're instantanious. I think you used 2 seconds now, this might be set to more, maybe 4 seconds?

I need a signature - Internity - 08-04-2009

Can't roll back the changes now sorry, I give up, goodluck to everyone else who is going to make this signature.