Discovery Gaming Community
Mercenary ID's - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Mercenary ID's (/showthread.php?tid=24498)

Pages: 1 2

Mercenary ID's - Hundra - 08-07-2009

Anyways, I was cruising along downtown in my hacker sabre, with 2 rouge gunboats, some random people I met while pirating, blew up a few BH bombers and an odd Liberty Cruiser.

We came across a small little Kusari Explorer, which was gaian tagged, which struck to us as a little odd, as he was displayed as red man on our scanners, we decided to give him a small fine, instead of blowing him out of existence.

10 minutes later, he shows up back in California with a whole fleet of "lawfuls" behind him, consisting of mercenary gunboats and a small amount of liberty fighters.

I just think it's odd that "mercenaries" which are hired out to be a small striking force, have access to faction based gunboats, when they are hired to be either a protection service, or striking service, not a mobile fortress of impenetrable gunboats.

Anyways, we couldn't bother checking the other IFF's, since we were busy getting our arses whooped 8 to 3.

the real question is, should inappropriate pirate IFF's like these be usable with mercs? Another question is why did the Liberty Lawfuls not completely blow him up either.

Mercenary ID's - Benjamin - 08-07-2009

The Kusari explorer is actually the only gunboat not attached to a faction.

as for the other stuff, mercenaries do a lot of very suspect stuff.

Well, I'm not sure what a Gaian tagged kusari explorer was doing in Liberty anyway.

Mercenary ID's - Quorg - 08-07-2009

Yeah, I saw that too. Gaian in a Kusari Explorer, fine.

Gaian with a Mercenary ID in New York, not so fine.

I am unable to locate a rule that says so, however.

Mercenary ID's - Neronian - 08-07-2009

Ellllooooo. Seeing as I'm Heading a Mercenary group atm, I thought maybe I should put my opinion on the table.

I can't exactly comment on the unlawful side of the coin, but it shouldn't matter much so OUT with it I go. First off, Mercenaries are Hired Hands, They are NOT part of the faction or group. Therefore it is my opinion that you either carry a Freelancer IFF (As me and my men do) Or Simply don't carry one at all. Remember you may be flying FOR a faction, but you aren't PART OF that faction. Being as we have Two Contractors anyways, DXI would be at odds for such a thing.

Secondly.... What the hell WAS a Kusari Explorer, with a Gaian Tag, DOING IN LIBERTY... >.>"

It's like a crazy man made a jigsaw puzzle, which in his eyes made a beautiful and perfect flower, whereas everyone else saw... well a horribly done jigsaw puzzle..

(Don't Judge my Similes >.<)

Mercenary ID's - Athenian - 08-07-2009

' Wrote:the real question is, should inappropriate pirate IFF's like these be usable with mercs? Another question is why did the Liberty Lawfuls not completely blow him up either.

Your use of the word "inappropriate" suggests that you know the answer before you already ask. Maybe it's related to his past career. It's better than no tag.

Second question: because he wasn't the one "cruising along downtown in my hacker sabre, with 2 rouge gunboats, some random people I met while pirating, blew up a few BH bombers and an odd Liberty Cruiser." RP is based on ID, not on IFF. Plus I don't think Gaians are even known of in Liberty.

Mercenary ID's - Benjamin - 08-07-2009

Talking of "random people I met pirating," the last time I went to Liberty I was in an HF, Freelancer IFF/ID. Some rogues shot me out of a lane and just added me to their group comms. That was a bit unexpected. They didn't even say anything in group chat.

Mercenary ID's - Thexare - 08-07-2009

' Wrote:Some rogues shot me out of a lane and just added me to their group comms. That was a bit unexpected. They didn't even say anything in group chat.
I've made the mistake before, the I (Invite) and O (Scan Cargo) keys are right next to each other.

' Wrote:Your use of the word "inappropriate" suggests that you know the answer before you already ask. Maybe it's related to his past career. It's better than no tag.

Second question: because he wasn't the one "cruising along downtown in my hacker sabre, with 2 rouge gunboats, some random people I met while pirating, blew up a few BH bombers and an odd Liberty Cruiser." RP is based on ID, not on IFF. Plus I don't think Gaians are even known of in Liberty.
Planetform has a base in California, and the Gaians are sworn enemies of Planetform, as far as I'm concerned.
Liberty is somewhat allied to planetform, so I don't get why the bases weren't trying to blow him up.

Mercenary ID's - DeathsOverture - 08-07-2009

Oh for gods sake, I just met him in game with a Hogosha tag. All I did was whisper to him and he said "//thanks I'll droprep" Sometimes you just have to talk. People don't always know they have a strange tag...