Discovery Gaming Community
Koolmo's New Siggy - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Media Center (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Koolmo's New Siggy (/showthread.php?tid=2462)

Pages: 1 2 3

Koolmo's New Siggy - Koolmo - 02-25-2007

So, I got GIMP about 2 weeks ago, and last night I was messing with the old SCRA rank sigs, and I wanted some way to incorporate the awards we have, of which I'm hoping to add a few new ones, and give out some belated ones. Anyways, heres the result, the Nazi-like figure is my Totenkopt character, and all the things after dashes are awards. I tried to expand on Nemik's origianal theme, and mostly used things that were already existing in the series. I'll keep the original on for now for comparison. Theres a little cleaning to do on it, but its essentially complete for now.

Latest One Posted:

[Image: 2000506398457372271_rs.jpg]

Old one:
[Image: scra_Mcintosh.jpg]

Koolmo's New Siggy - McNeo - 02-25-2007

To be honest, i never liked the pale-ish blue background....but im just me, with my really selective tastes.

It is better than the one you have got now, in my own oppinion though. Blue doesnt suit the SCRA though, its ascosiated with "good things". Examples are "Sonic the hedgehog (blue), the Alliance (blue), Superman (blue)....the list goes on...in my opinion the background should be red.

But again, thats me.

Well, the point of the blue was the idea that we think we're the good guys, remember? The Coalition and the Alliance were fighting for so long, it got to the point of a cultural thing. So, we're still prosecuting the war we've always fought, and we think we're in the right.

Mcintoshis Crazy though:D

didnt the USSR and the Chinese both have red as their background colour?

i say didnt because the USSR is now Russia, but they still got their national anthem.

But fair enough, Mcintosh is crazy.....im cool with that.

True enough. I dunno, the blue is a very freelancer-ish color, and I have this image of my flagship being painted baby blue, with a murderr at the helm... hrmm, that was poetic. Plus, I'm trying to keep it in Nemik's originaly theme, and the SCRA is more like the British navy than the Russian/Chinese.

SOOOOO your saying your like the Bretonian navy, who have a red colours scheme, and your supposed to be the coalition, who have a red flag, and a murderer who kills people who have red blood (dont say you kill aliens otherwise i will kill you:P)

You could keep his scheme....just make it red. Im not sure how it'll turn out. I might even think it looks really bad with red, but i havent seen it yet.

BUT the rest of the community has yet to voice their opinions on the subject (I NEED SUPPORT ON THIS. 1v1 PVP ISNT GOOD ODDS:lol:) so...yeah.

Lol, i meant the ranks, the traditions, stuff like that, not the look. I'm looking at the red, and I'm pretty sure i might as well start from scratch at this point, it looks bloody awful. i'd have to put the ranks in gold, and the sunburst... new one. Bottom up with a red scheme.

I might do it anyways... who knows where Mcintosh will go next...

I got you on that British thing didnt I:lol:.

anyway, try black.... That may go well with your sig.... you never know.

black and yellow look cool somtimes........yeah.

Whattaya mean, got me? I really did mean the traditions. Look at that insignia, thats pure british navy.

Black might just work...

*runs off with paintbucket*

Well....my moment of promenance just went out the window...comrade:lol:.

Prepare the Red October for nuclear strike against the United Kingdom!
lol:lol:

if it looks ok, post again please (but of course, you knew that)