Discovery Gaming Community
Missiles destroying equipment - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Discovery Mod Balance (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Missiles destroying equipment (/showthread.php?tid=24951)

Pages: 1 2 3

Missiles destroying equipment - Bass_masta992 - 08-16-2009

Missiles do MAJOR damage during passes, and can end fights very quickly. but what if the shooter fails to be able to drop you quickly? Your guns get blown off. Then you're left to mine/mini, and SNAC if you're a bomber (it's especially suck for the bombers.)

Good? Bad? Discuss.

Missiles destroying equipment - Felis Longus - 08-16-2009

I don't mind missiles blowing out a gun or two off when your down, but having all your guns blow off is very annoying. The main gripe I have is the explosion area for the missiles in particular to very well knock off all your guns. I say just lessen missile damage area because it's not fun to be 1/4 down in hull and having your guns blown off.

Of course I'm a little biased due to a fight or two against missile spammers.

Missiles destroying equipment - Fletcher - 08-16-2009

Missiles, are meant to do explosive damage, that is the secondary use for them.

Personally, I always aim for the thruster of any fighter or bomber, take that out and he/she is dead.

Once me and Jinx I think back in 4.85 took both our SNACS out and we were pointlessly fighting each other.

Missiles are supposed to bring that extra bit of 'dodge em or be sorry' approach. Taking the hits either means you're ill equipped, or in the wrong battle completely.

Sub-system damage is part of the game, and I'll be damned if it gets taken away, if it does, I will have only 'pew-missile-pew' strategy left.

' Wrote:Missiles, are meant to do explosive damage, that is the secondary use for them.

Personally, I always aim for the thruster of any fighter or bomber, take that out and he/she is dead.

Once me and Jinx I think back in 4.85 took both our SNACS out and we were pointlessly fighting each other.

Missiles are supposed to bring that extra bit of 'dodge em or be sorry' approach. Taking the hits either means you're ill equipped, or in the wrong battle completely.

Sub-system damage is part of the game, and I'll be damned if it gets taken away, if it does, I will have only 'pew-missile-pew' strategy left.

Well I have nothing wrong against sub-system damage and missile explosive damage, its just that when you you get all your guns shot off at the same time that's terrible.

For an example I will use a fight I was in, It was me (waran) and two friends in vhfs vs a missile spamming vhf (literally no guns nothing but missiles). Normally I wouldn't do this type of fight but the missile spammer had a bounty on his head so I said why not. When my shields went down he shoots two volleys of on me and blows off all 4 of my guns, and since I'm a bomber I had codes equipped so I had to die or lose them. If it happened to me at 3/4 hull and on a waran, as you know the gun placement on that beast is far between, I think it just robs fighters that don't missile spam from a kill (and leaves a bad taste when you have to die or lose all those codes/guns you spent so much time on).

Missiles destroying equipment - Fletcher - 08-16-2009

' Wrote:Well I have nothing wrong against sub-system damage and missile explosive damage, its just that when you you get all your guns shot off at the same time that's terrible.

For an example I will use a fight I was in, It was me (waran) and two friends in vhfs vs a missile spamming vhf (literally no guns nothing but missiles). Normally I wouldn't do this type of fight but the missile spammer had a bounty on his head so I said why not. When my shields went down he shoots two volleys of on me and blows off all 4 of my guns, and since I'm a bomber I had codes equipped so I had to die or lose them. If it happened to me at 3/4 hull and on a waran, as you know the gun placement on that beast is far between, I think it just robs fighters that don't missile spam from a kill (and leaves a bad taste when you have to die or lose all those codes/guns you spent so much time on).
What were you flying?! Paper mache?! I've never known guns to be knocked off that quick unless it was a SNAC. I've been on the receiving end more than once there.

I do not know any missile class weapons to do that much damage unless you flew Justice Mk I weapons.

If you fly against a missile spammer, do what I do, be in a LF, never ever joust use the CM and wait until he/she runs out of missiles then they're you money/prey.

' Wrote:What were you flying?! Paper mache?! I've never known guns to be knocked off that quick unless it was a SNAC. I've been on the receiving end more than once there.

I do not know any missile class weapons to do that much damage unless you flew Justice Mk I weapons.

If you fly against a missile spammer, do what I do, be in a LF, never ever joust use the CM and wait until he/she runs out of missiles then they're you money/prey.

I was thinking of flying a LF just for the fun of it, do you recommend any?

Also in the same fight my snac was the only thing I had to fight back and stayed on until I died.

Missiles destroying equipment - reavengitair - 08-16-2009

Countermeasures.

They work on missiles.

Missiles destroying equipment - Tenacity - 08-16-2009

Keep in mind that the guy using the missiles loses half or more of his total firepower once he runs out of ammunition. Blowing your guns off is his way of evening the fight.

Missiles destroying equipment - n1kodemus - 08-16-2009

' Wrote:Keep in mind that the guy using the missiles loses half or more of his total firepower once he runs out of ammunition. Blowing your guns off is his way of evening the fight.

Exactly. You must dodge a lot and use either CMs or CDs against them.

Missiles destroying equipment - tansytansey - 08-16-2009

' Wrote:Well I have nothing wrong against sub-system damage and missile explosive damage, its just that when you you get all your guns shot off at the same time that's terrible.

My guess would be that this happened in 4.84 or your guns were already damaged by radiation or explosives before the fight occured.