Discovery Gaming Community
Magic BHG guns - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Magic BHG guns (/showthread.php?tid=2500)

Pages: 1 2

Magic BHG guns - onca - 03-06-2007

Has anyone experienced this..... the other day MrSNS and myself were taking on a few BHG cruisers (mission) in our Titans, and we were both killed rather quickly. It seems right after our shields were taken down, *bam* our ship hulls were destroyed in one shot.:angry:

Now before you say we are crap pilots.... in Beta-1 I routinely took down BHG cruisers in my Titan without any trouble. I did a mission with 6 cruisers and a dozen Hammerheads.... they beat my shield down a number of times, buy my hull held and I killed them all.

So what gives??? Have BHG cruiser guns been significantly upgraded to "hull" busters in this release? Problem with Titan hull? General bug? (I hope so)

I shall do some further testing this evening.

o.

Magic BHG guns - DBoy1612 - 03-07-2007

I'm glad to see I was not the only one who noticed this. Thought I was losing my touch.:D

Anyway yes, by the looks of the BHG NPCs have been sooped up. The Order Guard has also.

Magic BHG guns - Virus - 03-07-2007

Dear god... No! Margarita is soooo screwed!

Magic BHG guns - onca - 03-07-2007

If so then they've been souped-up way beyond reason.... I mean come on, I survived several minutes before my shield went down, but only a few seconds with hull only. How's an honest fighter supposed to make a living?

o.

Magic BHG guns - DBoy1612 - 03-07-2007

Well I kinda enjoy it being a little harder actually. Makes it more challenging:D

Challenge Shmallenge.... I like to have a chance at survival, not spend 40 minutes shield-running to take down one NPC cruiser.

Typically weapons do half as much damage to shields as to hull, so I would expect to have lasted a little longer than 2 seconds after my shield went down. It smacks of a bug.

o.

Magic BHG guns - MrSns - 03-07-2007

Lol i was first to go when this happend. we should have easly beet those crusers.. But the BHG seams to have become more powerfule *rases ibrows*:Plol

Magic BHG guns - Fellow Hoodlum - 03-07-2007

O. old chap, think you may find a pair of the missiles clipping you together would have that effect ... Buggers
have 2 of the turrets.
I believe a couple of people heard my 'WTF' exclamation when first encountering the new generation of those
BHG bad boys. Selective weapon targeting should alleviate the problem quicker, and copious use of CM's till
they are disabled help.
Any shield busting weapons carried should be switched off, or even swapped out for hull only models when
attempting to take them on. Full AU upgrades are highly recommended, and flying in a straight line thoroughly
discouraged.
Big old missiles will help the cause on your side, targeting weapons ... And an underslung huge nasty torp is
almost de rigeur for a loadout. Anything else now can be considered suicidal
40 minutes, Pah ... I've spent the best part of an hour and a half taking out a small wing of the bleeders ...
Get to know your friends better, all help when dealing with these scum is a blessing.

Miguel

Magic BHG guns - Nightfall - 03-07-2007

To be honest, I love the new generation of BHG destroyers in the missions adds A LOT MORE challenge to doing group missions. It's hard taking even one singlehandedly but haven't we thought the first generation was a bit hard when they appeared?

Duly noted, thanks for your thoughts. Aye now I look at the stats, a volley of two or three cruiser missiles would take out a Titan instantly.... not too hard to find when weaving between a bunch of effing BHG capships.

Still, it was just strange that both me and my wingman were taken out in seconds right after our shields went down. I guess I'll have to put it down to the almighty RNG (Random Number God).

(BTW Are these "new generation" new to Beta-2, or were they in Beta-1 already?)

I just hope my baby hasn't inadvertently had her hull nerfed.... huge and slow, armour is all she has....

Targeting weapons... done and done. Thing about cruiser missile turrets is they are *very* tough.... you sooner take down the whole ship before blowing off a missile turret.

o.