Discovery Gaming Community
Requesting purchase of decommissioned Liberty Gunboat - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Requesting purchase of decommissioned Liberty Gunboat (/showthread.php?tid=25035)

Requesting purchase of decommissioned Liberty Gunboat - Stoat - 08-17-2009

Comm ID : Cyrus Darte
Target : Admiral David Hale, Liberty Navy

Admiral Hale

Though I doubt that you have heard of me, I am sure you are aware of the Abolitionist Movement in Bretonia, headed by William Wilberforce. It is our aim to put an end to slavery within Sirius, and to that end we target the main slaving routes used by the Outcasts in transporting citizens from all over Sirius to the Cardamine fields in Omicron Alpha.

We are being successful, and have come under increasing levels of attack by numerous slaving groups. We also find that these same slavers are using stronger and stronger ships in order to try and survive the gauntlet they run. We currently face Slave Liners, Sabres, Falcatas, Tridente Gunships, Pirate Trains and Transports and more assorted transport vessels than you could shake a stick at.

To this end I would like to request that I be allowed to purchase one of your decommissioned gunboats, which I will then refit, at my own expense, for our continued actions against these slavers. Disrupting this most wretched of trades will be of great benefit to the citizens of Liberty. Not only will we be in a position to re-unite more broken families, but the routes we target are also the primary routes used for the shipping of huge quantities of Cardamine into Liberty space. I am sure you can see the benefits to all of Liberty in any actions that can be taken to suppress the availability of Cardamine to the citizens of your great House.

I look forward to your, hopefully positive, response.

Yours Truly
Cyrus Darte

Requesting purchase of decommissioned Liberty Gunboat - Stoat - 08-18-2009

Admiral Hale

I know you are a busy man, and I do apologise for harassing you so, but I feel I cannot just await your response, or a response from your office. The slave trade is still running rampant through the border worlds, and we of the Abolitionist movement are some of the few whom have finally decided to make a stand. We shall stand in front of the raging demon of slavery, and shout "NO MORE!!" with our very last breaths, until this vile curse has been finally eradicated.

I would appreciate your prompt response. Even as I compose this missive to yourself, many more broken souls are sent to their deaths in the orange fields. You are in a unique position to be able to do something immediate and tangible to help stop slavery. I urge you to act now.

Yours Truly
Cyrus Darte

Requesting purchase of decommissioned Liberty Gunboat - Stoat - 08-19-2009

Admiral Hale

It saddens me that you, or your office, seems reluctant to act to aid us in our fight against slavery. I can only assume that you are unwilling, or unable, to meet my request. I will have to look elsewhere, it seems.

Yours Truly
Cyrus Darte