Discovery Gaming Community
"Freedom" - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: "Freedom" (/showthread.php?tid=25074)

Pages: 1 2

"Freedom" - darthbeck - 08-18-2009

Johnson steped into the mess hall aboard the freedom. he cast an eye on the new prisoners.

"welcome. to the prison liner L.P.S. Freedom. or, as i like to say, hell.
i am warden johnson. and you will call me warden sir. anyone who does not will be punished.
you will do nothing aboard this ship that i do not approve of first. i dont care if you want entertainment. i dont care if your hungry. i dont care if you need to wipe the <censored> off your <censored>.

you belong to me now. and it's gonna stay that way."

he gestures to the man standing next to him.

"this is sub warden adam. if you need anything, ask him. he's a nice guy, and by nice guy, i mean he'll listen to you before ramming his stunstick where the sun dont shine."

he turns and begins to walk away before stopping.
"and one last thing." he says, grinning.
"enjoy your stay."

&quot;Freedom&quot; - Fletcher - 08-18-2009

The intercom system and a small monitor in the mess hall flickers to life. A voice can now be heard over the intercom

"Once again, welcome to the L.P.S Freedom, let us look at the challenges you will endure as a prisoner here" the artificial voice says in a monotone fashion.

"You will be required to perform simple tasks, such as manufacturing consumer goods. Thanks to the miniature LPI MkIII goods assembly line, this task is easy. It requires low skill but constant monitoring. Failure to monitor the assembly line can result in injury, or damage to the assembly line, and a failure mark on your daily activity sheet. A failure a day will mean half rations for a week, another failure will be met with severe punishment and loss of daily exercise. Let us look at the results of said punishments." As the voice stops, the monitor shows a prisoner in a small dark cell, clawing at the walls, he has clearly gone mad.

"We hope you enjoy your stay, goodbye!" This greeting was brought to you by the Sentinel Over Watch System" the intercom shuts off and the screen fades to black.

&quot;Freedom&quot; - Marcus Lindberg - 08-18-2009

Dear Penelope,

As I walked by, a Rheinland spy is hanged in public. And I think to myself...what a wonderful station...

I went to the eastern wing of the station to check the weapons systems there...I never knew it was a toilet. I decided to go to the quarter master and request for the biggest shotgun he had, as well as a mobile AI turret and I placed them both there at the 'toilet'. I never thought such a place would become a warzone. I think I deserve a Medal for the number of shots I had to miss to avoid being charged for treason...

I think I miss you already...please send me something good to eat every once in a while...The food is...its not food...

Signed Gunnery Sergeant Mike Dawson

&quot;Freedom&quot; - johnpeter - 08-18-2009

Jim Kelton watched as the many prisoners assembled goods while the overseers jeered and whipped them- for a second. Then a guard kicked him in the groin and shouted at him to "Move his scrawny behind". Jim half limped, half crawled over to his station. "Only 10 more years of this? he sighed I doubt I'll make it Again, his train of thought was rudely interupted by a whip meeting his flesh as an officer shouted/[i] "Half rations for you today! he yelled. [i]Jim quickly continued working, dreading the whip's painful sting. This ship is supposed to be called "Freedom"... It's more fitting to call it "Slavery"! He thought. For the third time that day, he felt the terrible pain of the whiplash...

//If someone wants to continue this, IE:Who he is, what he's doing etc. etc. I left many Roleplay opprotunities open.

&quot;Freedom&quot; - darthbeck - 08-19-2009

"Police brutality?" johnson scoffed. "send him in"

"yessir." replied the gaurd who had informed him of the prisoners complaint, who then proceeded to say something over his wrist communacater.

another guard brought the prisoner in.

"you have something to say, prisoner.... kale?"
johnson says, after getting the mans name from a file on his data-board.
"yes... warden sir. i would like to complain about the treatment i have recieved from the gaurds, it boarders on police brutali- OWW!" he screams as the wardon clubs him in the side of the head with a baton.
"brutality my foot!"yells johnson, who gives kale another whack in the head with the baton.

&quot;Freedom&quot; - Quorg - 08-19-2009

Lost in his thoughts, Kelton had failed to realize that the guard had asked him what he thought about the half-rations for the day.

Silence, of course, was not the correct answer. The guard smacked him on the back of the head with his baton.

Kelton was sure to sprawl out on the ground and exhibit the usual signs of pain- grimacing, holding his hand cupped tightly over the fresh wound on his head, shutting his eyes so tightly that he could feel the tears welling up behind his eyelids.

"Get on up, boy! Get on up, and dance!" The guard delivered a kick to Kelton's gut.

The wind knocked out of him, Kelton rose to his feet and leaned against the side of the conveyor belt to regain balance. The guard, satisfied that he had caused the prisoner sufficient misery for the moment, continued on.

"Only ten more years of this," Kelton thought.
"Man, this is the best thing that's ever happened to me! To think that I don't even have to pay for this!"
Kelton thought back to his days working as an actuary on Planet Manhattan- the long hours of lifeless number-crunching, simply to make enough cash to blow it all on dominatrixes in one of the seedier districts.
He had heard rumors of the brutality aboard LPI prison stations, but the pain inflicted by guards upon prisoners was marvelous beyond even his imagination. When he was picked up by LPI for drunk in public, he immediately pleaded guilty in spite of his ability to hire a lawyer who would have gotten him off scot-free.

Pain was his game, and he had come to the galactic championships.
He would have smiled if it weren't for the guards watching him.

&quot;Freedom&quot; - Marcus Lindberg - 08-21-2009

Dear Penelope,

The day I come back after my 6 month shift will be the best day of my life. I promise I'll bring your favorite flowers, and I don't mean the artificial ones they make...I mean favorite lilies. The pancakes you sent were amazing and wonderful, they reminded me of home...something I can't seem to remember now...

Horrible things happen here. Yesterday some of the rather gung-ho guards were beating...no, torturing an inmate. They continued to...enjoy themselves...while the prison begged all the tazing to stop...it was almost as if he were innocent...those guards approached me in an intimidating manner, a captain was with them as well...cheering them on what they did. The captain ordered me to get my stun baton and...You shouldn't have to know this...I'm not proud of what I did but...I had no choice...

I...I...wanna come back to you and have your hair sitting on my lap, I wanna hold you tightly and never let go of you...I just wanna be away from here...anywhere else would be enough...I miss you.

Yours Truly Mike

&quot;Freedom&quot; - darthbeck - 08-21-2009

"Adam, tell the helm to set a course for manhatten orbit."

"yes sir."

johnson smiled to himself as adam left his office.

everything was going nicely. the prisoners had been less troublesome recently, only three riots this week , and no murders. he thought to himself.

he noticed a blinking red light on the computer in his desk. he tapped the screen next to the light...

"Sonova...." he exclaimed.

he slammed his hand down onto a button displayed by the screen.

"ADAM!"
he roared into his desks recessed microphone. "GET A REPAIR CREW TO CORRIDOR SEVEN, LEVEL K!"

as an after thought, he added "And make sure they are in vacuum suits. i dont want them getting sucked out with the prisoners on that deck."

things had been going so nicely.

&quot;Freedom&quot; - darthbeck - 08-22-2009

Johny looked at the hold of the freedom.

"for real?" he asked one of the deck crew.

"hell yeah. yer stuck in this **** with the rest of us."
the member of the deck crew replied.

johny looked around the hanger again. letting his eyes linger on the piles of scrap that littered the hanger. he thought he saw a corpse, but it was a just a pile of scrap.
or was it? he wondering to himself.

"well, lets just hope that the rest of the ship is a little better."

"like thats gonna happen."
said the crewmember, who walked away.

&quot;Freedom&quot; - Quorg - 08-23-2009

Jim Kelton knew that it would be risky. Yet somehow, the thought of being deprived of oxygen on top of the regular beatings was too much for him to pass up.

While being led from the mess hall down corridor seven on level K, Kelton acted quickly, using a jury-rigged needle to punch through the insulation surrounding one of the prison station's window, then plugged his nose and placed his mouth over the pinhole.

The air was sucked out of his lungs almost immediately. Just as fast, the guards noticed that he had stopped walking, and commenced a beating unsurpassed in its intensity by any other he had received up to that point. Kelton decided that instead of pretending to suffer, he would try to relish the simultaneous deprivation and pain as much as possible, keeping his lips sealed on the hole.

He lasted about ten seconds before they peeled him off, delirious with oxygen deprivation and ecstasy. As he was carried off by one of the guards, he looked back and noticed that the hole was getting larger, sucking more of the rubber insulation surrounding the window into the empty vacuum of space.

Kelton hoped that it wouldn't become a major problem.