Discovery Gaming Community
Inferno or Mini Razor - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Inferno or Mini Razor (/showthread.php?tid=25167)

Pages: 1 2

Inferno or Mini Razor - atlantis2112 - 08-19-2009

As an unlawful.. what's you're preference? Context... Bomber/Fighter general use.

Also: First poll. Bear with me here:P

Edit: Wow, huge fail, the poll didn't even add... still discuss

Inferno or Mini Razor - Tenacity - 08-19-2009

Can only use an inferno if you're an outcast, so it's pretty limited...

And while some people are able to, I could never hit a damn thing with a mini razor =(

Inferno or Mini Razor - .:Mongoose:. - 08-19-2009

Would have voted Inferno

Seems to use less power than the Mini Razor and has a better refire rate if I remember the Razor right. Also compliments the SNAC perfectly on my Barghest

And just like Tenacity I cant hit crap with a Razor, but the Inferno has a better projectile speed

Inferno or Mini Razor - Denelo - 08-19-2009

Depends.

Personally, I'm a better shot with the Inferno, but the MR can take down shields as well. It all depends on the rest of your loadout. In general, the Inferno is easier to hit with, but only does shield/energy damage (obviously), so it's really just a complement to a full loadout of hull-busters. The MR, on the other hand, can take out both hull and shield of a fighter, though it'll have more trouble with the shields of gunboats and be almost useless against larger ships, but it can be used with almost any loadout with at least some minuscule measure of success. It's also a lot slower and harder to hit with. Think of it as a mini-SNAC.

Obviously, though, the Inferno is an Outcast weapon.

Inferno or Mini Razor - n1kodemus - 08-19-2009

When Inferno is easier to hit with, it consumes more energy and has a slower refire rate.
I personally would prefer Inferno over Mini Razor.

Inferno or Mini Razor - MB52 - 08-19-2009

' Wrote:Can only use an inferno if you're an outcast, so it's pretty limited...

I wouldn't go so far as to say that. :lol:Others besides Outcasts Can use an Inferno, in special circumstances.

Anyone care to explain why the outcasts get so much special tech that is for them only? (Inferno, Cheetah.. etc?)

Inferno or Mini Razor - Tenacity - 08-19-2009

' Wrote:I wouldn't go so far as to say that. :lol:Others besides Outcasts Can use an Inferno, in special circumstances.

It's pretty clearly listed as an outcast-only weapon now. It'd take a special RP request to use it on any non outcast character, I think.

Inferno or Mini Razor - Bass_masta992 - 08-19-2009

Razor>Inferno

Inferno is great for shield dropping, and none else. A SNAC can eat a hull like none other, though. Both together are a beastly combo

Razor has 18k to hull, that means that when pesky fighters show and the SNAC is recharging, you can dent them pretty good with that, shield and hull. If you want good Shield killing on caps and freighters, use Screamer mines.

All of that is meaningless if you're in a barghest, since fighter combat will never ever go well for you. Best you try and get an Inferno.

Inferno or Mini Razor - Zig - 08-19-2009

Mini Razor.

Inferno or Mini Razor - dead_shot - 08-19-2009

poteyto, potato...