Discovery Gaming Community
Just a small issue - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Site & Forum Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Just a small issue (/showthread.php?tid=25369)

Pages: 1 2

Just a small issue - Montezuma/Kukulcan - 08-24-2009

I know this may not be the correct place for this thread, but its the closest place to a wiki feedback forum that i could find.

Now, i use the wiki quite a lot for referencing ship prices, stats, names etc. plus equipment and faction info. Now today i went on to see about the BHG LF, and i discovered that the wiki is now dark blue (it was fine before, why change it?), and with the text being black, it is pretty dificult to read a paragraph at once, let alone a whole faction description (also, all pictures, badges, charts etc. now look horribly out of place).

I guess what im asking, is please can the wiki be changed back to the colour it was before or the letters be changed to white or something.

Just a small issue - alpha3 - 08-24-2009

I don't know what do you meant by, because the text for me is light blue, I can clearly read it. :P

Just a small issue - chovynz - 08-24-2009

Refresh your cache.

Just a small issue - sampankaj001 - 08-24-2009

Hey i've the same problem that the wiki is dark blue background & text is in black....

Quote:Refresh your cache.

Tried doesn't work, please resolve it......:(

The wiki coding is correct.

It may be that you have some custom CSS set.

All that I can help you with is:
"Note: After saving, you may have to bypass your browser's cache to see the changes. Mozilla / Firefox / Safari: hold down Shift while clicking Reload, or press Ctrl-Shift-R (Cmd-Shift-R on Apple Mac); IE: hold Ctrl while clicking Refresh, or press Ctrl-F5; Konqueror:: simply click the Reload button, or press F5; Opera users may need to completely clear their cache in Tools→Preferences. "

Or turn off individual CSS.

Hullo...what have we got here....
Internet explorer has Text as black....

. . .

*goes investigating*
*Bare with us while we sort this out...*

Just a small issue - sampankaj001 - 08-24-2009

Issue still not resolved,
Also the sidebar (containing main page, edit, search options, Log in) was disappeared, It reflect only sometimes.

IMO old wiki skin & theme was good, This new one is good but first you have to clear these problems.

Just a small issue - Alex. - 08-25-2009

' Wrote:Internet explorer has Text as black....

. . .

*goes investigating*
*Bare with us while we sort this out...*
You even bother with IE still?
Your going to sort it out? Why? Get decent browser! Firefox, Opera, that lot!

Just a small issue - chovynz - 08-25-2009

That's why this confusion came up. I did all my coding in FF. It works. The wiki looks great.

Those with IE have problems seeing the wiki, which...(un)fortunately?...is why I stopped doing webcoding. Too many people still love IE. So this.. IS an issue that needs resolving. It explains the complaints I've been hearing. It' isn't my work which is the problem; it is... again.. that blasted Macro$hassft.

Just a small issue - chovynz - 08-25-2009

' Wrote:Issue still not resolved,
Also the sidebar (containing main page, edit, search options, Log in) was disappeared, It reflect only sometimes.

IMO old wiki skin & theme was good, This new one is good but first you have to clear these problems.

The old one was the standard default skin for media wiki, with an UGLY yellow flower for over two years.
It was not good. I wish you could see how amazing the wiki looks.

Get Firefox or at eth very least Google Chrome. Please...anything but Internet explorer.:D

*mumbles while going back to sort this bull heap out*