Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Notice: Meet the new admins and moderators - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Admin Notice: Meet the new admins and moderators (/showthread.php?tid=25389)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Admin Notice: Meet the new admins and moderators - Zelot - 08-24-2009

Well, I guess I am one of the odd ones. I voted no for both Athenian and Dusty, hopefully neither will take offense, but I have serious concerns about both of these people as admins.

First Dusty, Dusty tends to mock those who dont agree with him or dont understand him, on top of that, Dusty have taken several significant breaks from the game. He has several times needed to take "time off" while he was a Mod and when a regular player. He also has a habit of using his mod powers just for the Lulz, and not always toward people who are actually in on the joke, which can be quite insulting if you are not a part of the joke.

I also voted no on Athenian, as I find he also has a pattern of mocking people who dont agree with him, as well as treating people like they are dumb. I get really annoyed when some one has an issue on the forums, posts in a non rp thread to discuss and is then treated to one of Athenians insulting in-rp posts, basically calling them a whiner.

As for the Mods, I think Doc is a great choice, and I hope Agmen is, Blodo is ok too I guess.

I hope people dont take offense, but this is how I feel.

Admin Notice: Meet the new admins and moderators - Death.RunningVerminator - 08-24-2009

Atheien yes. Very intelligent person who doesn't waist his time spamming. Although after seeing zelots post, i do agree with him on the insulting.

Dusty Lens. Stupid. (thats a general statement) If he continues to spam, i can almost guarantee you that more and more will folow his example.

Meh, its the admins decision. Hopefully both of you will do great! And same for you also modys!

Admin Notice: Meet the new admins and moderators - monsterlancer - 08-24-2009

I remember Athenian from my time in the BAF and I think he will do a good job as long as he remembers a little diplomacy from time to time.

I voted 'Yes' for Athenian and 'No' for Dusty.

Nothing really against Dusty, I think we had a couple of bad run ins when I was on the server, the instigator type of spaming on the forums sometimes irks me, but I do feel that with the position that he will under take, will be an asset to the community.

As for the Moderators, Agmen of Eladesor, Blodo, Doc Holliday are a good choice of people.

[color=#FF0000]Congratulations all of you.

Admin Notice: Meet the new admins and moderators - Seth Karlo - 08-24-2009

Congratulations to all new mods/admins. Excellent choices.

Good luck to you all.

-Seth

Admin Notice: Meet the new admins and moderators - MarvinCZ - 08-24-2009

Yes from me, that's all.

Admin Notice: Meet the new admins and moderators - Andrew_Bonesovich - 08-24-2009

Congratulations guys

Good choices :)

Admin Notice: Meet the new admins and moderators - Taffic - 08-24-2009

I am a guest on your server, therefore I'm happy to accept your decisions.
I typically like what happens here which is why I stay.

That said I am more than happy with your decisions.

Admin Notice: Meet the new admins and moderators - Turkish - 08-24-2009

The only question I really have is why Dusty was handling sanction reports while still marked in the moderator group.

Admin Notice: Meet the new admins and moderators - Dusty Lens - 08-24-2009

' Wrote:The only question I really have is why Dusty was handling sanction reports while still marked in the moderator group.

I technically became an admin yesterday, but Korrd wanted to hold off on the announcement until today given that he was still collecting replies from Blodo, Doc and Athenian.

During that time I contributed to the discussion on some 20+ sanctions, which a few persons around here can attest to via the PMs they received.

I do not yet have any authority to execute a sanction, simply to comment and participate as part of the initial trial by fire.

Admin Notice: Meet the new admins and moderators - Athenian - 08-24-2009

Like the man said, the no's are more important than the yes's. I know it's a big responsibility so I'm hoping I don't mess things up.

I should probably explain a few things -

My general level of activity - I honestly don't see how people came up with the idea that I'm not active, considering how many characters I have and the other role-play stuff I do. I do like to spend a lot of time in game role-playing because, to be honest, it is the human-interaction side of Discovery that has kept me playing. I don't write long stories in the forums - what you see is normally a summary - but it's a summary of long hours of ingame roleplaying boiled down to a few paragraphs. Plus I play a few characters people know nothing of and never will, because I think the magic kind of vanishes when people know who's behind the mask so to speak. Not everyone can write and read with the same high standards of proficiency as many people here. The in-game experience is what this game is about surely.

I've tried recently to pass on responsibility for the various branches of the BHG faction - which is a big, big faction - and I'll be dropping a lot of my characters to free up time. I will miss them. I really only ever dropped activity at the start of the year for personal reasons (you'll see the odd reference to my father's death in one of my character's stories from around that time) and when college got hectic before the summer, but just because I don't post doesn't mean I don't stay up to date with the forum side of things. I read the forum as far as is possible. Often I simply don't think any moderation is necessary considering people can occasionally feel that debate is being stifled.

Generally I think things flow better when people do get to hammer things out - that's kind of the purpose of discussion as I see it - people mightn't always agree on things but you can't legislate for that. Once the rules establish a level-playing field then people can get on with the game.

My insulting RP posts - I agree I can be a horrible person in character sometimes and I know I created a monster when I made one particular character who frequented the forums in discussions that I thought mattered (he will be retiring soon, sad to say). As a player I do have opinions on things here that I think are as valid as anyone else's. Sometimes it is my way to make a point about role-playing's place in the game, because I think anything that does happen in-game should be dealt with in role-play, unless it's clearly against the rules or where the possibility of even-handedness is denied someone for no good reason.

For those of you that did vote no, thanks for the honesty. Hope things go smoothly. Cheers.