Discovery Gaming Community
The Sons of Aesir - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: The Sons of Aesir (/showthread.php?tid=25571)

Pages: 1 2 3

The Sons of Aesir - Serpentis - 08-27-2009

[Image: Logo.png]

History of the Sons of Aesir

It all started about 5 years ago, when a Thorulf Svensson, a bretonian national started to fight crime around Bretonia as he saw that the BAF didnt have enough manpower to fight all Pirates while still fighting the war against Kusari. He and a few others began to fight against the pirates in and around Bretonia all the way to Rheinland.

It was when they fought the Corsairs in the Omegas they met and banded together with a Olaf Thorvaldsson, a Merc working in Rheinland. Most of the people in the group had ancestry with the old Northern countries back on earth such as Sweden and Norway, but they all have heard by their parents and their parents and so on about the old Norse Mythology of the the Aesir.

They took on the name of Sons of Aesir and rode trough the darkness of space against the Pirates and unlawfuls of Bretonia and Rheinland, to assist the Lawfuls, while they are busy with their wars.

Of course it's not an non-profit organisation, so they still go after bounties to make them actually be able to refit and repair their ships. But they at the same time dont always require to be payed for their troubles as it's not the meaning of these Mercenaires.

The Sons of Aesirs is a group for those of Nordic heritage, a small but growing group that intends of showing the fighting spirit of the Ancient Norse Vikings.

The Laws of the Aesir

Bounties
Bounties are welcomed to be hunted by any Sons of Aesir as long as it's an bounty on the negative on the Repsheet.

Anti-Pirate activity
Regular patrols around Bretonia and Rheinland to look for pirate activity, since the Sons of Aesir isnt a athority they cant order anyone to do anything but has to trust that their brethren will assist them in their cause.

The Bretonian-Kusari War
The Sons of Aesirs may not directly go into Kusari space without being asked by a Bretonian lawful to assist them in their struggle.
They may how ever defend any Bretonian base or ship from Kusari attacks. But they may not attack Kusari ships in or around Rheinland, only if shot upon first.

The Rheinland-Liberty War
The Sons of Aesirs follows similar guidelines as to the Kusari-Bretonia war, except that they may if called upon attack Liberty assault ships around Rheinland space but may -not- attack Liberty ships in and around Bretonia, they may however defend themselfs.

An Clarification
No, we are -not-, I repeat -not- a faction that will in any way be interfering with the wars on both fronts, we are a mercenary group that are Anti-Liberty and Anti-Kusari, because of the wars being waged.
We are not police, nor millitary, we are just a small group of individuals that want to protect the two houses most of its members call their home. Wether it be Bretonia or Rheinland, they all share one similar problem: Pirates.

Corsairs, Mollys, Red hessians.. They are all a problem for the Bretonian and Rheinland houses.

Naming Convention, ID and IFF

[SoA]NAME.NAME / [SoA]Callsign
Mercenary ID - Freelancer IFF

Zone of Influence
Rheinland & Bretonian space
Systems where either Rheinland or Bretonia have an base.

[Image: RepSheet1-1.png]
[Image: RepSheet2.png]

[Image: ShipsAllowed.png]
[Image: AllowedWeapons.png]

Ranks

Jarla Man
Highest position with the Sons of Aesirs, they are the leaders of the SoA.

Enherjar
These mythical warriors are the most fearful soldiers on the battlefield, they take on mytical proportions as they can take on several ships at once.

Huskarl
The strongest of warriors get to become one of the mythical Huskarls.

Viking
These are the soldiers of the SoA, they commend fear on the battlefield.

Vargr
These soldiers take on the persona of the norse wolves as they scout the battlefield for enemies to band up on together as a pack.

Tral
The Thralls are the youngest and least experienced of the SoA soldiers.

Ships allowed for each Rank

Tral
Light Fighters
Heavy Figthers

Vargr
Light Fighters
Heavy Fighters

Viking
LF
HF
VHF

Huskarl
LF
HF
VHF
Bomber

Enherjar
LF
HF
VHF
Bomber
*(Gunship/Gunboat)
**Special request ships

Jarla Man
LF
HF
VHF
Bomber
*(Gunship/Gunboat)

*If at a later time weve made deals for GS/GB's
**Must be accepted by the Jarla Man's

This is an idea me and Bjorn have worked on for awhile now, it's been alot of work. So please Constructive ideas and feedback please.

Recruitment?

Skype me
risenancient

The Sons of Aesir - Violette - 08-27-2009

Like it

Love it

Where do I sign up?

' Wrote:Like it

Love it

Where do I sign up?

Skype me

The Sons of Aesir - Death.RunningVerminator - 08-27-2009

Hmm... I dunno... kind of shakey on this one. It seems really cool and nicely put together, but how are you all going to be able to handle BOTH wars? And if you are going to be in many different places you would have more than just corsairs and wilde to worry about.

There's a lot of "what ifs" in this one.. That most likely will happen though.

The Sons of Aesir - FooFighter - 08-27-2009

Sounds nice, but your relations with Liberty don't really make any sense. Bretonia-Rheinland relations are at least distrustful. And if you'd attack Liberty ships, Bretonia would be quick to throw you out. Despite Liberty not engaging the Kusarians for whatever weird reason, they certainly still are the Bret's allies.

The Sons of Aesir - Sprolf - 08-27-2009

Looks pretty good to me.
I like the Norse theme that you used here, along with the fact that you're actually not "generally neutral" in that you don't go into Liberty or Kusari.

It's not about us waging the wars, it's about us taking care off the pirate problems in Bretonia and Rheinland.

And the fact that we are in both are cuase of the people in the SoA are from both nations.

And No we wont go into Liberty Nor Kusari, cause we are -not- made to fight the war, but we are PreRheinland and Pre-Bretonia.

The Sons of Aesir - Death.RunningVerminator - 08-27-2009

' Wrote:It's not about us waging the wars, it's about us taking care off the pirate problems in Bretonia and Rheinland.

And the fact that we are in both are cuase of the people in the SoA are from both nations.

And No we wont go into Liberty Nor Kusari, cause we are -not- made to fight the war, but we are PreRheinland and Pre-Bretonia.
I still dont know... but ok

Try it out for a while and see what happens

' Wrote:I still dont know... but ok

Try it out for a while and see what happens

Right that's what we intend to do, hopefully wel get recomendations and ideas to change the faction idea positively. =)

So Everyones opinions.. Please.

The Sons of Aesir - Altaris - 08-27-2009

Shame you designed them as 'Lawfuls'. I am imagining Merc hunting lawfuls for pirate factions. Anyway good luck with it.