Discovery Gaming Community
Gloucester's Ideas while eating - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Gloucester's Ideas while eating (/showthread.php?tid=25651)

Pages: 1 2 3

Gloucester's Ideas while eating - schlurbi - 08-29-2009

Number 1

I just had an Idea while eating.

How are the Trade Lanes getting Energy? They arent connected, nor do they look like they have an Energy Source.

How about adding a Generator into the System, like those Useless Satelites. If you shoot down the Generator the Lanes will stop working for about 3 Minutes.

Make those Generators well hidden a bit off the System, but not too far. Add Mines around them, weapon Platforms and a Stationed Cruiser to protect them. Make it only possible once per 2 hours. To prevent spamming it.

I think its a fresh idea, and adds some Strategy for Piracy and Anti-Piracy.

Gloucester's Ideas while eating - kindred - 08-29-2009

Why don't you just shot the trade lane?

Gloucester's Ideas while eating - Marcus Lindberg - 08-29-2009

At first I was like lolwut

and then I carefully read it, and I understood.

I think in terms of RP, it would be strange that in the past there were no generators, but all of a suden in 818 AS (4.86) these generators show up. Its an innovative idea, but in terms of RP, it just wouldn't make sense.

Every system would need one of these generators.

Every system would need a cruiser protecting it.

What about contested systems like Leeds?

I just don't think it'll work, so I'm going to say to this idea...

Gloucester's Ideas while eating - Birdtalon - 08-29-2009

Would be no problem when I have one of these.

[Image: Rico.gif]

Gloucester's Ideas while eating - schlurbi - 08-29-2009

Ah well it was just another random Idea i had while eating. I'm sure Terrorists like the Xenos would have liked it, since they want to stop the Trading in/into Liberty. :laugh:

Gloucester's Ideas while eating - gafwmn - 08-29-2009

While the idea may have some merit,you must first think of ALL the possibilities of how it could go wrong........Its Saturday morning...you want to just trade for an hour or so...and the trade lanes dont work for more than a few seconds cause some people just wanna mess with everyone for their own entertainment. No rp value involved in it, just messing with people....or groups of pirates just camping the generator while the rest of their group just roams around looking for stuff to kill,erm, I mean pirate.

Gloucester's Ideas while eating - Tomtomrawr - 08-29-2009

' Wrote:Ah well it was just another random Idea i had while eating. I'm sure Terrorists like the Xenos would have liked it, since they want to stop the Trading in/into Liberty. :laugh:
You should have your own thread for ideas you have whilst your eating. It would be ten pages long in a day, and it would give you lots of posts.

I like the idea, and we could edit the history books so these generators were always there. I don't think the Bretonia Buccaneers were in history until they were started as a player faction. If they were, then I admit I am wrong about that.

Good idea, I think that with some work it could work. I suggest two NPC destroyers/cruisers camping near it to make sure nobody can camp it. I mean the ones that people can't destroy, like bases except just don't make them dockable. An example are the ones in Cassini, the Satilettes that just happen to be Destroyers.

Gloucester's Ideas while eating - Marcus Lindberg - 08-29-2009

' Wrote:You should have your own thread for ideas you have whilst your eating. It would be ten pages long in a day, and it would give you lots of posts.

I like the idea, and we could edit the history books so these generators were always there. I don't think the Bretonia Buccaneers were in history until they were started as a player faction. If they were, then I admit I am wrong about that.

Good idea, I think that with some work it could work. I suggest two NPC destroyers/cruisers camping near it to make sure nobody can camp it.

Its possible the history books could be edited (conspiraceh!), but he also suggested that we have a cruiser watching guard over these things. The problem with that is some systms are contested (like leeds) where as other systems are just empty and belong to no one (like Galileo).

Besides, what about Iota? the nommies have trade lanes too you know...

Gloucester's Ideas while eating - teschy - 08-29-2009

Eating and browsing the Discovery forum at the same time isn't recommended:P

Gloucester's Ideas while eating - atlantis2112 - 08-29-2009

Yeah problem with this is that the stupid NPCs would probably launch a full scale assault on the stupid thing. Even longer to get through trade lanes, yay! (Don't get me started on this..)

Only thing that could really stop them would be a freakin' battleship Isis..