Discovery Gaming Community
Question to gunboat pilots - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Question to gunboat pilots (/showthread.php?tid=25862)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Question to gunboat pilots - Tenacity - 09-02-2009

Simple Question: one turret, or two turrets? Link fire or chain fire?

I know that during 4.84, if you fired multiple missiles at once, only one of them would ever do damage to the target, so you had to either chainfire or just use one missile turret. Now they take up so much energy that I'm not sure chainfiring is an option, and I prefer to use my 'fire missiles' hotkey anyways, which fires all my missiles at once.

For reference, I'm flying an Order Gunboat, so I've got up to 8 turrets forward, 6 turrets backwards.

Question to gunboat pilots - Birdtalon - 09-02-2009

With Order GB, I put missiles on points 1 & 2, then I can choose to use Q - for all missiles or fire them individualy with minimal hand movement.

Question to gunboat pilots - ProwlerPC - 09-02-2009

Well depends. I use a Kusari Explorer and it has 2 missile turrets attached. The large powerplant of that ship allows 2 missiles to fire at the same time and still pound away with your other turrets. I've used the BHG GS for a long time and using 2 missiles at the same time with that ship isn't advisable. I have an Orca but I only have one missile turret as I prefer to use the forward cannon and it needs energy.

Question to gunboat pilots - Pinko - 09-02-2009

Missile turrets only are good to pesker off fighters, so 1 do the trick, while you punch out the rest of the damage with your regular turrets.

Question to gunboat pilots - Tenacity - 09-02-2009

Well, we just had a little scrap between several BHG and Order ships in delta... at that point in time I had 8 order gunboat turrets.

I was doing great, tearing their bombers apart, until they decided to attack me, then I lasted all of 20 seconds. The thing is a fricking snac magnet =(

Question to gunboat pilots - Violette - 09-02-2009

I find Missile Turrets are for Noobs, use some skill and shoot at them.

But 2, in your case, 1 and 2.

Tap them in chain, harder to dodge.

Question to gunboat pilots - Ash - 09-02-2009

I don't fly a gunboat regularly but have done from time to time. My recommendation is one turret if you want to discourage pesky fighters like dancing lady said. Two turrets if your planning to take them down. Missile turrets are best against light fighters i find.

Question to gunboat pilots - globalplayer-svk - 09-02-2009

it depend on your tactic, and other guns.

with 8 guns forward. you can also use combination of 2 razors.

Question to gunboat pilots - Violette - 09-02-2009

' Wrote:it depend on your tactic, and other guns.

with 8 guns forward. you can also use combination of 2 razors.

Razors do much more damage, just require skill and aiming.

Question to gunboat pilots - hribek - 09-02-2009

I never use more than one missile on a gunboat. the light ones can fire only a few, the heavy ones can relatively spam them, but even there the second missile is a slot waste.

I did fly the Order gunboat and the missile is most useful at preventing fighters/bombers from shieldrunning easily.
I remember that even without the missile, the 8 order gunboat turrets you can strap on that black tank can totally waste a group of 2-3 fighters/bombers.