Discovery Gaming Community
~Sophie's Canaria Cafe~ - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Watering Holes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+---- Thread: ~Sophie's Canaria Cafe~ (/showthread.php?tid=2591)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

~Sophie's Canaria Cafe~ - NoxNoctisEra - 12-08-2010

Shukura woke up suddenly, panic griped her for a moment and slowly faded away as she remembered where she was. she felt an almost burning heat on her stomach, her hand strayed toward it and felt the fur of the kitten she rescued. after gently moving it an placing it on the bed she rose. stowing her gear under the bed and grabbing a few things from her pack she decided to test her memory and head back to Sophie's. She slowly wove her way through the hall ways back to the entrance hall. Winding her way through the crowd she slipped out the door and back on to the streets and slowly to Sophie's. Seeing the familiar cafe slowed the nervousness that had crept up while she backtracked. As she entered she heard the building conflict between two of the patrons and moved to intervene before it got messy.

problem, gentlemen? she interrupted and leaned on her hands on the table between the two surely something as trivial as a seating arrangement can be solved quietly and without fuss.. she looked between the two waiting for an answer.

~Sophie's Canaria Cafe~ - Glis - 12-08-2010

Josh takes his helm off. "Hmph, alright.. he can stay." he says while sighting, he then calls for the bartender and says "I'd like some of that Vodka." The 'tender says "Coming right up Marshall." Josh nods and says "Will you join us Shuk?" he winks.

~Sophie's Canaria Cafe~ - NoxNoctisEra - 12-08-2010

Shukura blushes faintly as she recognizes who the Virulian Marshall is. She takes the seat offered. umm, sure..Josh..right?...and You are? she looks to the stranger. she catches the eye of the bartender and orders a coffee.

~Sophie's Canaria Cafe~ - Shagohad - 12-09-2010

He watched the two newcomers with fascination, his eyes dancing back and forth between them. The man in absurd clothing asked him to leave. He merely stared, saying nothing. A woman arrived and informed this pushy individual that he could stay. At seeing her, the man straightened his posture, looking even more formal.

"And you are?" She directed the question to him.

"Me?" His hand came up gesturing at his chest. "Do you want my name or my purpose? Perhaps you want both? Or maybe, just maybe, you want enough to base judgment off of?" Before she could respond, he added, "I am a man who seeks thrills. But you may call me..." He looks up in thought. "Tor. It works. Tor Beo."

~Sophie's Canaria Cafe~ - NoxNoctisEra - 12-09-2010

She watches the stranger as he speaks, her curiosity is aroused as he rattles off several questions and then finally a name. Tor... she repeats. that is an interesting name. a waitress brings her coffee, she thanks the woman and takes a sip of the rich liquid. what kind of thrills do you seek, mister Tor? you dont look like a trader or a merchant. what brings you to Gran Canaria?

"Trader?" He laughed rather loudly at that one before noticing he was in a public place and putting a quick end to that. "No, no, no. Money isn't my thrill. I'm an electronics enthusiast, you see. Computers, the neural net, ship software, etcetera..."

The waitress returns, placing his coffee on the table in front of him. "I would like some sugar, milk, vanilla creamer, and butter please." The woman stared at him for a moment, then walked off to fetch the supplies. His attention then returned to the woman before him, "And what of you? Name? Purpose? Interests?"

She holds her cup between her hands enjoying the warmth it offered after Tor's rather chilling laugh. she sets the cup down as she answers My name is Shukura Lokelani. I'm a mechanic. i work at small shop near the port. she pauses for a few seconds, thinking about the recent encounter with the Virulian Arch Priestess. interests? not many. work usually keeps me quite busy. a recent unexpected meeting with a high ranking Virulian makes the future look rather different for me she shrugs a little bit. i was wanting a change. im rather excited about it she smiles a little, something nagging her mind as she watches his manner

His expression shifts to a rather timid unease. His eyes flick back and forth from Josh to Shukura. "That's...wonderful..." The waitress returns, setting down all the he requested. Quickly, he empties each and every item into his coffee, taking up a spoon and stirring the blend together. "I met with some one who directed me here. An entire planet that offers the most...free of amenities." The cup was brought up to his lips and he sipped lightly.

Shuk notices his unease and watches in fascination as he adds the butter to his coffee. is that any good? she watches him take a sip of the slightly strange mix. i mean, coffee with the sugar and cream is good...but the butter?

He takes yet another sip, smiling cheerily. "It's delicious. Sometimes I even add cinnamon, liquor, salt, pepper, lime, orange. You name it!" Setting the cup down, he leans back in his chair, bringing his boots up onto the table. "Tell me, love, do you like music?"