Discovery Gaming Community
Aoi Iseijin Faction Proposal - Feedback please - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Aoi Iseijin Faction Proposal - Feedback please (/showthread.php?tid=25919)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Aoi Iseijin Faction Proposal - Feedback please - FooFighter - 09-03-2009

THIS IS NOT A FACTION PROPOSAL (yet). That being said...we from the Keepers plus Zapp have been working on a new faction for a while now - the Aoi Iseijin. We've got pretty much everything done by now, but before we'll make a request to get official status, we'd like to ask the community for some feedback - maybe you can spot something flawed in our proposal? Maybe there's something you'd like to add?

Give us constructive criticism, and keep this thread free of flames and failtrolls. Thank you.

[Image: AIHeader.png]

[Image: AI1Foreword.png]
"Was our beloved Kusari ever truly affected by the Nomad war? How did we suffer? What did we lose? What happened to the Empire we hold so dear?".

Many a citizen of Kusari has asked himself this question. So, what was it that happened in Kusari in the fateful year of 800 A.S.?

A common man would claim nothing has happened at all, for he was undisturbed in his daily life. A soldier would say that the Rheinland fleet was assembling to push into Kusari through the Sigma systems, for the military had been in full alert, preparing for a possible Rheinwehr onslaught. A politician would say that while the Nomads indeed were a threat to the Empire, the KNF bravely fought them off, for he likes to glorify his home. Only a madmen however would claim that Kusari's very heart had fallen prey to the Nomad invasion.

These madmen and conspiracy theorists are long gone by now. Vanished from the face of the universe as if they never were born at all, yet, still, the tales they told us before their disappearance linger in the corners of our minds, and are haunting our dreams. But what are these tales, exactly? The answer to this lies in the past, at the beginning, the beginning of the end.

[Image: AI2Source.png]
For a beginning, there needs to be a source. A source of inspiration, a source of disease, a source of power; a source of everything. In this particular case, the source was one man. Governor Tekagi. A man of influence even before his diplomatic visit to Rheinland in 800 A.S., his power in the political landscape of Kusari began to grow drastically after his career received the support of the Slomon K'Hara. Slowly, but surely, he and his Nomad "benefactors" created themselves a evergrowing stronghold of influence in Kusari.

[Image: AI3Tekagi.png]

They, however, made a mistake that would later prove itself fatal to their cause. Even though Tekagi was a politician, the infection was mainly spread to Kaigun soldiers. Rather than ensuring everlasting dominance in the North by bringing Kusari's politicians under their control, they infected the military - it were the expendable lives of their soldiers which they would dominate, and just how expendable they were they would soon find out.

Led by the legendary Blood Dragon Commander Ozu, accompanied by the just as famous freelancer Edison Trent, a strike wing was sent against the Heaven's Gate, Tekagi's fortress and heart of operations, deep inside the Tohoku system. Their mission's objectives remain shrouded in a veil of secrecy, at least to the common man, but it's outcome is well known: Tekagi, along with a large amount of the "men and women" serving under him, perished when Ozu and Trent penetrated the fortress's defenses and boarded the Heaven's Gate. Kusari was freed of the Nomad menace once and for all.

Or so they thought.

[Image: AI4Foundation.png]
Even though Tekagi was defeated and the local Mindshare of Kusarian Incubis temporarily fell into chaos, the foundation of the Aoi Iseijin was already laid, and the survivors of the events that brought Tekagi's death soon regained their strength, slowly crawling back together, assembling again what would become one of the greatest threats Kusari will have to face. Preying on treasure hunters, lone scientists and mercenaries who came to investigate the Arch in search for riches or knowledge, the Infectees of Kusari bolstered their ranks and began to grow again.

[Image: AI9Arch.png]

So far, the Aoi Iseijin's growth has been rather successful, unhindered by the Order or other troublemakers. Reactivating sleeper cells left over from the war and expanding recruitment, the Aoi Iseijin are now strong enough to once again leave the safety of the Arch and to plague Kusari utilizing stealth, deception and lethal piloting skill. Humanity's most dangerous enemy has taken the war to yet another front.

[Image: AI5Ingame.png]
As already mentioned before, the Aoi Iseijin heavily rely on both stealth and deception. Our biggest enemies ooRP will be metagamers - and thus, to hopefully gain a little advantage over them as well as to mislead other players we will wear no faction tag. We will be sporting a Wilde IFF and ID, until we (hopefully) get our own or a general Infectee ID is introduced to the mod.

Our diplomacy is both simple and complicated at the same time. While we all are part of the Mindshare, the interstellar Nomad group consciousness, and inherently hostile to all humans but the Outcasts, we will be impersonating Kusarians from all walks of life: Blood Dragons, KNF, civilians. Thus, we may appear as something we are not, and hopefully, people will act according to what they see and not what they can read on our IDs. On the repsheet, we will be hostile to all Human factions bare the Outcast, to whom we are "The Spirit's Chosen Ones". We will only dock on Tekagi's Arch in the Tohoku system and, occasionally, the Nomad bases in the Edge Worlds.

[Image: AI10Dock.png]

Most of us will be flying Kusari Naval Forces ships such as the Chimaera or the Umibozu, coupled with the odd gunboat and Blood Dragon ship, although we will also be using the shiplines of other Kusarian factions as soon as we have established ourselves. Loadouts will fit the individual ship and may or may not contain Nomad equipment. Our naming convention is simple - surname, then forename, separated by a dot.

[Image: AI11PrimaryZOI.png]

Our primary Zone of Influence will be Kusari; occasionally, our trips might lead us into the Taus, Sigmas, or towards the Nomad core worlds and the Omicrons . We do not plan on entering Bretonia, Liberty or Rheinland.

[Image: AI6Taskgroups.png]
Within RP, we will be addressing each other with ranks fitting our chosen identities; the Mindshare however does not divide Nomads into ranks, but task groups, which we will be using instead of formal ranks in our faction:

The Architect is the manager, the creator, the shaper, the advisor, the puppeteer. He is the Aoi Iseijin's mindnode, he controls the faction and ensures everything goes according to the plan. In other words - he leads it.

The Providers do what their title suggests. They provide. They provide the Aoi Iseijin with their basic needs, from food and water for the host bodies over spare parts for their ships to mass deliveries of "organic components" for the waiting Incubi.

The Trappers are the most dangerous of all task groups. They impersonate all kinds of people with the goal to lure in their prey. They even have been known to stage fake battles, calling in reinforcements from both sides and then suddenly team against said reinforcements, gunning them down and capturing the pilots.

The Learners are those who research, those who know. They are the "scientists" of the Aoi Iseijin, relying on the Providers and Trappers to be able to do what they are best at. They study and develop new methods of interfacing with human technology, they are analysts of political happenings in Kusari, they are everlearning gatherers of knowledge.

The Hunters are a field task group just like the Trappers, but their methods are much less subtle - they hunt down their prey, disable it and then attempt to return it to the Heaven's Gate. They mostly work in support roles for Trappers, but are also known to conduct missions on their own.

[Image: AI8Recruitment.png]
Recruitment will primarily happen ingame. You RP with us, we like your RP, we infest you (with your permission, that is), we'll add you to our Skype chat and you'll set up your character. Potential recruits have to fulfill the following guidelines before they are accepted as full members:

* You must be familiar with the Nomad lore. Read the pdf. Read it again, if you didn't understand something. Don't be afraid to ask us if you still don't get it, we are eager to help.

* Your RP skills have to be at least above average, in any situation. OOC may only be used in emergencies, and it is preferable that you use private chat to solve your OOC issues with another player.

* Common sense is not just required, it's a basic necessity. If you just want to join because it's fun to shoot at traders and spam asterisks, your chance at getting accepted is nonexistant. We will also refuse applicants if we deem their attitude problematic - we are people who can differ between RL and RP, between player and player character, and it will stay this way.

[Image: AI7MemberList.png]
Exile
Ketara.Ihnoshi - Architect

Nathrael
Itakura.Ayane - Trapper

Ktayn
Shimamura - Hunter

JihadJoe
Masuto.Hiroshi - Trapper

Clayph
Ryuki.Kenzo - Learner

Xareck
Kimura.Hikaru - Learner

Zapp
Ouya.Kondo - Hunter
KNS-Kataki - Provider

For questions related to recruitment or the Aoi Iseijin in general, you can always contact Exile or me.

Aoi Iseijin Faction Proposal - Feedback please - Janus - 09-03-2009

I like it. Seeing an infested Raba running around could lead to all kinds of fun:)

My concern is that someone from The Wild will come along with a "NO U" as they did when people were trying to get a Division 18 faction going.

Aoi Iseijin Faction Proposal - Feedback please - Aoyagi - 09-03-2009

Oh come on, kusari is already overpirated, now this...

Over pirated? Are we talking about the same Kusari? I run goods into Kusari regularly, I've been stopped once, never pirated. Rheiinland, stopped once, pirated once. Bretonia, stopped twice, pirated once. Liberty...... That's leaving aside the Infested humans aren't actually pirates anyway... A lot of people, myself included, would welcome more activity in Kusari.

Aoi Iseijin Faction Proposal - Feedback please - Linkus - 09-03-2009

Can't really see how they could. If this has the support of the Keepers and other Nomad folk, don't see how anyone could oppose it on RP grounds.

All in all:
Great idea/faction
Interesting roleplay
Gives new life to Kusari
Brings the Nomad 'threat' just a little bit closer to more folks

Honestly can't see anything to say against it except that the Wilde ID could cause some confusion for people who don't know about it.

Aoi Iseijin Faction Proposal - Feedback please - Exile - 09-03-2009

Well, our aim is officiality. First off. After it we're gonna try for our own ID to make it clear that the Wilde and Aoi Iseiijn do differ. (Not according to the mindshare, but in the game and to the 'humies') We'll try to make that ID so that it makes sense and lets us do our own roleplay propperly.

Aoi Iseijin Faction Proposal - Feedback please - jammi - 09-03-2009

That looks brilliant throughout, but I'll just nitpick over the introduction - the KNF defence fleet was entirely wiped out when Rhienland attacked. There wasn't anything left to defend against the attackers after the initial push into the Sigmas, and the only thing that stopped the Rhienland battle fleets from pushing into Kusari Core space was the fact that Trent knocked out the Mindshare and threw the infiltrated SK into disarray.

And the concepts behind the Trappers is innovative. Staging battles is plain brilliant. I would get out to Kusari to see you people in action, but I'm in an inactive slump at the moment. I only play on my Buccaneer really.

EDIT: Doesn't the Kusari version of the Wilde already have an NPC faction?

Aoi Iseijin Faction Proposal - Feedback please - Aoyagi - 09-03-2009

The idea is very good i think, but Janus, how many RMs, BAFs and LNSs have you seen around? And now how many KNF?

But go for it, that will be interesting *laugh*

Aoi Iseijin Faction Proposal - Feedback please - Exile - 09-03-2009

Quote:And the concepts behind the Trappers is innovative. Staging battles is plain brilliant. I would get out to Kusari to see you people in action, but I'm in an inactive slump at the moment. I only play on my Buccaneer really.

The trappers are a little idea of ours. It was a spontanious thing ingame a while ago. 'Hey Mike, this doesnt make sense. Two ships from different factions, grouped.. Oh hey, there's a guy. OH MY GOD MIKE! I GOT AN AWESOME IDEA! Let's stage a fight!' ~Jihadjoe.

But yeah, they're quite a funny addition. Its worked on several occasions already, too.

Ritsuka, spotted your reply midpost, I'm not gonna quote it, easier to address here at the top.

I see KNF at least as often as I see BAF or RM. Which is to say rarely on all counts. Yes, there's often LN about, equally there's a huge number of pirates about in Liberty. As my trader doesn't go to Rheinland, Aoi Iseiijn might give him something to be genuinely afraid of.

' Wrote:Well, our aim is officiality. First off. After it we're gonna try for our own ID to make it clear that the Wilde and Aoi Iseiijn do differ. (Not according to the mindshare, but in the game and to the 'humies') We'll try to make that ID so that it makes sense and lets us do our own roleplay propperly.

Exile, that's an aim I'd personally support.

Of course, I'd might be biased there as I'd like to see Division 18 as a seperate player faction too.

I pulled these out of the Division 18 thread.

' Wrote:The Wild (Player faction) has several subgroups. 1 of those is Das Wilde (player name Wilde.Name) and is our main focus. Another is the Kusari Wild, (player name Iseijin-Name). There are other subgroups, but I will not divulge them for now.

One of the subgroups is Division 18. It is under the control of the Wild Player Faction (who use the Wild ID for all their non-covert ships) and there it will remain. Like "independent" Wilde, We deny everything.

' Wrote:Here is how it is.

Praetyre formed Das Wilde. We did Rheinland things, for about 2 days. Then he disappeared from Disco.

After a few months of inactivity, I took over the faction. At that point, with the blessings of the admins, I changed us from Das Wilde into The Wild. This is simlar to the old [SA] becoming the [LN] or [QCRF] becoming the BAF|.

"Wild" denotes any Nomadized human in Sirius, no matter if it is a Libertarian Wild or a Rheinland Wild or a Gallic Wild. So, The Wild (Player faction, using "The Wild" ID/Tag) encompasses all Nomadized humans in Sirius, and we have operations in the 4 major Houses, and bits and pieces in the underworld/Hispanic nations.

The Wild Player Faction has several "wings" if you will. Some are stronger then others (Das Wilde) some are almost non-present (Iseijin). This is both deliberate and a symptom of some plans falling through. All the wings use the "Wild" ID and Tag, unless they are "covert" in which case only the player and relevant faction leaders know who they are.

Exile is correct, D18 is not a subgroup of Das Wilde it is a subgroup of The Wild player faction.

I believe this is a stance you disagree with, but it's what killed the last attempt at Div 18 dead in it's tracks.