Discovery Gaming Community
Question Mark - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Question Mark (/showthread.php?tid=26270)

Pages: 1 2

Question Mark - sutho182 - 09-09-2009

Alrighty, what if you come out of a tradelane and someone claiming bounties starts to drain your hull

If you dont fire back but immediatly dock on the station next to you is that fleeing?
I mean, you didn't engage anyone so you haven't really been beaten...and can you come back out guns blazing??

Question Mark - Turkish - 09-09-2009

No you cannot, the act of docking is counted as fleeing. So if you were to relaunch you would be in an act of re-engagment and thusly breaking the rules.

Question Mark - Birdtalon - 09-09-2009

I would say a "no" to that one.

If you undock from a trade lane, the person attacking you is breaking rules becasue he/she didnt give an "Engagement Notice"

Question Mark - Tenacity - 09-09-2009

Of course, if you undock and the person starts to attack you -again-, then you can fight back in self defense. Even if you've performed any action that is considered fleeing, you may still fight back if your pursuers continue to attack you.

Question Mark - Exsiled_one - 09-09-2009

As soon as CD hit you, you are counting as being in battle. Anything you do from there is fleeing. Even thrusting away

Question Mark - sutho182 - 09-09-2009

Hmm I find that weird

I mean no body gains any advantage by it, the first to engage simply losses the advantage of being incapable of RP'ing before he/she blows something up. Im relating it mostly to when somebody gives you an engagement notce and then has you half dead before you can reply

Anyhow thats clarity for yah!

Question Mark - Exsiled_one - 09-09-2009

actually, if he engages and you fight back and he docks, he's forced by the same rules you are. Some of these things are being discussed by admins i think, so we can expect some better drafted things for future.

Question Mark - Dusty Lens - 09-09-2009

Yes, that is fleeing.

You have fled.

Allow me to paraphrase.

You are in the woods. A bear suddenly appears in front of you and starts slashing your face with its claws.

You then turn around and dock with your cabin.

Would you say that you have fled the bear?

Scenario Two.

You are in the woods. A bear suddenly appears in front of you and starts slashing your face with its claws. You shoot the bear.

The bear then runs into your cabin, applies basic first aid, then comes back out and slashes you again.

That bear has fled and re-engaged.

Scenario Three.

You are in the woods. A bear suddenly appears in front of you. It opens its mouth and memories of your childhood begin to pour out. It offers you a shoe. When you put the shoe on you suddenly remember that no two realities are alike, as they are shaped by perception. This realization shakes the trees.

The bear is a flower in a pot upon a windowsill. You reach for it, your hand is an abstract. You look behind you to a man falling down a staircase. At the bottom a cat looks in longing at a cheeseburger.

In this scenario you've probably just sampled some local fungi.

Question Mark - Birdtalon - 09-09-2009

Scenario Three is epic win.

Question Mark - darthbeck - 09-09-2009

i want to sample local mushrooms...

but yeah, dusta the wise ansewered all yer questions. i hope.