Discovery Gaming Community
Auto Targeting systems, - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Auto Targeting systems, (/showthread.php?tid=26292)

Pages: 1 2

Auto Targeting systems, - Zigeris - 09-09-2009

It comes to my attention that auto targeting systems have be mythical over the last 8 years or so. And most have refuted its possibility. But when it all comes down to the grit, there is not a single defined reason why it cannot be done. Of course this does not say it can, but the evidence of lacking evidences says to me, and possibly a few others out there that it has not be thoroughly examined.

Again as always I have theory's about everything and this is another one I have. If AI targeting is within 70% active and accurate there must be a system in place to tell that object to produce another object at this certain direction. Thus brings me to my point if you can duplicate that AI function into a device under you control, SHAMWOW! you have Auto Targeting for the player base.

The possible draw backs is reputation - attacking could only allow it to fire on red contacts. But in the same light just as you are able to edit the cursor relationships with the reputation you can also alter the relationship with the Auto Aim systems.

I know, i know the unfair label would be slapped on in a heartbeat. But this taboo could open doors for other seemingly impossible innovations to possibility.

I would personally use this in combination with my joystick simulator, for obvious reasons.

Auto Targeting systems, - Ash - 09-09-2009

What makes multiplayer freelancer the game it is, is the fact that it's the skill of the person in the pilot seat that counts. The more things like this we add and nerf to the mod, we just decrease these variations and the effort it takes for each player to make a kill.

It's an inspiring idea, possibly for another mod. But not this one.

Auto Targeting systems, - Birdtalon - 09-09-2009

make a mod full of these so it is impossible to miss

Auto Targeting systems, - Zigeris - 09-09-2009

Heh indeed,

I while it was a formal presentation, It too has the undertone for my Gundam mod. Because in the light that I do get the dumb dual joystick to work. Aiming will be impossible. So while on the same track of the joystick controls i've came up with this theory.

AND though the targeting me auto direct your guns to be in the right position it is still required to know when is the best time to shoot. Like what was mentioned the aiming system is accurate up to a percent. And in motion it will be like a NPC shooting.

Differences is, NPC's moving in a predetermined route I image. So human instinct would vastly improve the hitting accuracy.

Auto Targeting systems, - mnbnbf - 11-26-2009

Why don't you try to joystick with your left hand, and aim with the mouse in your right? Use the joystick for movement, shooting CDs, CMs, Mines, Torps, Missiles, etc, and use the mouse for aiming and shooting regular guns. Turn off mouse flight and then you can aim anywhere on your screen while still being able to fly around. Can't you program the movement of the joystick to buttons on the keyboard?

Auto Targeting systems, - Boss - 11-26-2009

@Lovejoy, yes you can, and I've tried that in the past. The problem is that it's just not responsive enough. (And I have a right-handed joystick)

Auto Targeting systems, - mnbnbf - 11-26-2009

Huh. Guess it's something I could try if I ever get a joystick.

Auto Targeting systems, - dr lameos - 11-26-2009

it has been tried for rear-firing turrets, and it worked, until the mouse was moved, at which time the auto-aim was overridden.

Auto Targeting systems, - Akura - 11-27-2009

Could work, but as they said up there ^^^^^ not for us.

It removes the skill, one of the only ways we can tackle the lolwuts.

Auto Targeting systems, - tansytansey - 11-27-2009

AI have terrible aim. There's not much point in auto-aim if you're using the AI's aiming mechanics. Every AI's targeting can be easily fooled, even the elite Guard NPCs are easily evaded if you know how.

Plus AI only follow the rules of "red is dead"