Discovery Gaming Community
What would you put in an HD remake of Elite? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: What would you put in an HD remake of Elite? (/showthread.php?tid=26296)

What would you put in an HD remake of Elite? - stardust47 - 09-09-2009

OK, here's the pitch.
Valve has acquired the rights to a remake of the classic spaceship game Elite. It will be on the XBOX 360, PS3 and PC. What would YOU change/improve? personally, I'd put an actual storyline, graphics that make it look like anime (Elite would be awesome as an anime IMO) and better controls.

What would you put in an HD remake of Elite? - 11of10 - 09-09-2009

They really have? What happened to Elite 4 that was in the making?

What would you put in an HD remake of Elite? - Birdtalon - 09-09-2009

Ugh Valve... their games make you install that stupid steam...

I suggest cake though.

What would you put in an HD remake of Elite? - Mickk - 09-15-2009

Meh.

So Valve has the rights to the first ever space trading game.

When I first played 'Elite' was soooo EPIC, even tho I only had a 'green screen' for my Amstrad.

Freelancer is much like Elite, except it actually has a story line, unlike the one in Elite where you are hunting down the badguy who killed your father (I think thats what it was).

Pity Valve got it, I'm just not interested in installing 'steam' just so I can play the new version :P

What would you put in an HD remake of Elite? - johnpeter - 09-16-2009

Uh... Not to sound cynical, but this is a "what if" situation. Valve has not acquired Elite remake rights. It's the same as a "What would you do if you had a trillion dollars" thread.

What would you put in an HD remake of Elite? - DarkOne - 09-18-2009

Quote:They really have? What happened to Elite 4 that was in the making?
Frontier is still working on Elite 4 and will start work on it after the release of their current project (which I can't remember).

You know the Russian remake of FFE is progressing quite well. It's called FFED3D, there site is all in Russian so you would have to use a translator. SSC got permission to host all files and be somewhat of there English community.

What would you put in an HD remake of Elite? - n1kodemus - 09-18-2009

' Wrote:graphics that make it look like anime

It would completely ruin it.

What would you put in an HD remake of Elite? - TheMillers - 09-18-2009

' Wrote:Frontier is still working on Elite 4 and will start work on it after the release of their current project (which I can't remember).
You know the Russian remake of FFE is progressing quite well. It's called FFED3D, there site is all in Russian so you would have to use a translator. SSC got permission to host all files and be somewhat of there English community.
Frontier has been "working" on Elite 4 since way back in the last century, around 1998. Anyone who has been holding their breath waiting for Frontier to finish Elite 4 since Frontier announced they would work on Elite 4, has not just turned blue, but been turned into fine earth and used to plant tulips all around the Netherlands by now.