Discovery Gaming Community
help with Rep? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: help with Rep? (/showthread.php?tid=26398)

help with Rep? - agentmike - 09-12-2009

ok, so i have been doing missions all day today to get my liberty navy guard rep.

i began with the Liberty Navy IFF, and did missions until my Liberty Navy Guard rep was all the way full.
then i went to a base, used /droprep to drop the Liberty Navy rep, and the guard rep was NEXT on the list, so i log out, and log back in. then the guard rep is at the bottom of the rep screen, but not flashing. and it is still full.

so i do 2 more missions. the rep doesnt change. so i log all the way out of the game, log back in, and undock and dock again, and it still doesnt flash.

can someone help me figure out whats going on?

here are the screens of my rep sheet.

[Image: rep5.jpg]
[Image: rep4.jpg]
[Image: rep3.jpg]
[Image: rep2.jpg]
[Image: rep1.jpg]

Navy Guard wont flash...

help with Rep? - Xareck - 09-12-2009

Ah.

Are you sure the missions are for the Navy Guard and not some other faction?

Xareck - The little Angel who was helping you in-game.

help with Rep? - Elsdragon - 09-12-2009

You have full green, In a rep not on there, Try drop repping again

' Wrote:Ah.

Are you sure the missions are for the Navy Guard and not some other faction?

Xareck - The little Angel who was helping you in-game.

they were Navy missions from New Hamshire, on the battleships Whitefield and Concord.

' Wrote:You have full green, In a rep not on there, Try drop repping again

if i drop rep again, wont it drop my navy guard rep?

help with Rep? - Xareck - 09-12-2009

Nope. After a bit of trial and error, it seems like you have too many reps just begging to be on your IFF!

So.. seems as though you may have to get the others down before you can get the Guard higher up.

help with Rep? - TheMillers - 09-12-2009

' Wrote:if i drop rep again, wont it drop my navy guard rep?
No - It will drop the rep that is flashing, or would be flashing if it was listed.

The rep status list only shows the factions that you actually have encountered in the game so far. That means ships you have been within scan range of and stations belonging to factions that you have landed on.

By doing missions for the Libety navy, lawfull factions that you haven't met yet, also appreciates you, so they will also get maxed out, even though you don't see them on the list.
I.E. the game still keeps track of what your actions so far does to your relationship with factions you haven't encountered yet, so when you actually meet them in-game at a later point, they allready have formed their opinion about your character.

You can have several unlisted factions that are maxed out green, without you seeing them on the list. I.E. if you haven't met any Kusari ships, whether NPC controlled or Kusari faction tagged player controlled, Your relations with the Kusari corporations, Kusari Police and Kusari Navy would still be affected positively by the missions you did against Outcasts or Corsairs for Liberty Navy.

So if your Liberty Navy Guard faction status is at the bottom of the rep status list maxed green, but not flashing, you just do /droprep's untill it is flashing.
Also, you do not need to logout of the server, just switch to another character, then switch back again. A good tip if you are repfixing when the server is filled up.

Cpt. Miller, of the BHG|Core vessel "Miller's Lager"

help with Rep? - reavengitair - 09-12-2009

You could have an "hidden" rep, which will stop you from getting the tag.

help with Rep? - Marburg - 09-12-2009

' Wrote:can someone help me figure out whats going on?

here are the screens of my rep sheet.

[Image: rep5.jpg]
[Image: rep4.jpg]
[Image: rep3.jpg]
[Image: rep2.jpg]
[Image: rep1.jpg]

Navy Guard wont flash...
Going down on the list, if you drop all the reps from Bounty Hunters Guild to Interspace Commerce a bit below 100% you should be just fine & good to go

you were absolutely correct, thank you very much. i had to /droprep about 15 times, but it finally started flashing!

thanks for the help everyone!

help with Rep? - Grimly - 09-13-2009

A better solution would be ... kill a non-navy NPC ?

Guard reps are harder to loose cause they are affected only by the faction linked to (that's why you can't get zoner guard rep a regular way)
It would also make you avoid this ton of /droprep