Discovery Gaming Community
Discovery CD's - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Discovery CD's (/showthread.php?tid=2649)

Discovery CD's - Zepphos - 04-03-2007

With all the talk about the missile turrets and stuff, I was wondering why the Discovery CD speeds are so much slower than vannilla CD speeds. I used to play on a vannilla server, as I suppose most of you did at one point. CD's were a major factor in fighting and using them properly became a real skill in battle. Its the same for missile release also.

The problem I've encountered with the CD's here, is that they are too slow to reach the target to have any luck of blowing up the assailants missiles/torps/mines in their face. Its giving alot of power to those who just missile spam without any skill. Just come out of the turn and fire em, as opposed to waiting for the right distance/moment to fire, or worrying about CD's.

I'm perfectly fine with this really. I'll just have to change my fighting style. I was just wondering what brought about the changes to this from vannilla? Were there problems that brought this change about?

Thanks, Zep

Discovery CD's - Korrd - 04-03-2007

I think that the problem is related to a constant that sets the max speed an object can reach by its own at 350.

Let's wait until the next beta, and see if changing it fixes the problem.

Discovery CD's - Igiss - 04-03-2007

This constant is set to 300 in Vanilla. I'm not intended to increase it higher than 350. Also, I don't think that cruise disruptor speed was lowered in comparison to Vanilla... at least I've never done this intentionally.

Can anyone confirm this issue (compare to Vanilla)?

I still play on a vannilla server, so I'll have a look. If I'm wrong all along, Igiss can slap me! :crazy:

EDIT:

Just checked. The Wasp's speed is 700ms on vannilla. Not sure on the Hornet, but I think its about 900-1000ms. It's definately faster than the Wasp, thats for sure.

Discovery CD's - BestFlyerHere - 04-03-2007

When will the new beta come out?????

Discovery CD's - Igiss - 04-03-2007

Here's what I got for cruise disruptors. Made line-by-line comparison with Vanilla ini file from SDK.

Only difference is the muzzle_velocity entry (that's the speed, actually):

cruise_disruptor01_mark01:
muzzle_velocity = 233.399994 > Vanilla
muzzle_velocity = 260 > Discovery

cruise_disruptor01_mark02:
muzzle_velocity = 266.700012 > Vanilla
muzzle_velocity = 300 > Discovery

I don't know what is written in the infocards, for infocards for weapon damage/rate/range are generated automatically by Freelancer depending on the code. But here's the code... you see, speed never exceeds 350.

Wow! So any explaination why the other server I play on has no mod, yet has 700ms for the wasp? This is interesting...

Discovery CD's - Nadir - 04-04-2007

According to FL_Datastorm (which scans the data files)...
Wasp... 260
Hornet... Projectile-Speed: 300
Train CD... 304
Mosquito... 336
Battleship CD... 336

According to infocard (while playing FL)
Wasp... 726 m/s

!!! :crazy:

(all info with Mod enabled)

Strange no-one has noticed huge error on infocards before. If they're the result of in game calculations, the calculations are stuffed!