Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Notice: Roleplay when entering a group fight - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Admin Notice: Roleplay when entering a group fight (/showthread.php?tid=26644)

Pages: 1 2

Admin Notice: Roleplay when entering a group fight - Cannon - 09-16-2009

The rules state:

Quote:5.2 All attacks must be the result of some form of role play. "Engaging" is not sufficient. An attack is any hostile action that drains shields to less than 50%. Being hit with a CD is not considered an attack. If a player is attacked he has a right to defend himself regardless of who is attacking.

This also applies to players entering into a fight that has started. For example, if you join a fight that has already started you are required to role play before attacking.

Remember that chat from every ship in a group is not required in situations where a single ship clearly acts on behalf of the group.

Admin Notice: Roleplay when entering a group fight - Dusty Lens - 09-16-2009

What if I'm 5k away in a transport with a smuggler ID carrying 20 units of synth and 45 units of copper and one of the pilots is someone who engaged me last tuesday?

Admin Notice: Roleplay when entering a group fight - Weedalot - 09-16-2009

i remember there was a rule (didnt check if its still there) that said that if an event or a fight already taking place you can just jump in. (i usually say something to be safer, but there was a rule)

I seen many that are in a group and coming to assist and just jumping in without a word.. yes they are in a group.. and the fight already began.. and they coming to assist because they were probably called in group chat to do so.. are they obligated to give a notice?(not that its hard to type one full sentence) but are they?

' Wrote:What if I'm 5k away in a transport with a smuggler ID carrying 20 units of synth and 45 units of copper and one of the pilots is someone who engaged me last tuesday?
FUNNIEZ is back

Admin Notice: Roleplay when entering a group fight - Dab - 09-16-2009

What if you're part of a faction already involved in the fight? Say, for example, it's BAF vs KNF. If you come and you're also in the BAF| player faction, can you join in without an engagement notice? It just seems a little OORP to me that every reinforcement has to announce his arrival. If KNF are fighting BAF| and another BAF| shows up, they should already assume he's part of the fight. Most often a BAF isn't going to sit around watching other BAF fighting the enemy..

Admin Notice: Roleplay when entering a group fight - casero - 09-16-2009

Weeda, I guess that cannon's post already answered your question.
The group thing works if you are there since the begining, one speaks for all.
But if the fight already started, you have at least to say something before to go in fire.
And please, not an "engaging faction".

' Wrote:Weeda, I guess that cannon's post already answered your question.
The group thing works if you are there since the begining, one speaks for all.
But if the fight already started, you have at least to say something before to go in fire.
And please, not an "engaging faction".
there was a rule saying if there is already an PVP event.. (a group fight) you can just jump in. and pew pew away.

Admin Notice: Roleplay when entering a group fight - atlantis2112 - 09-16-2009

I usually just go:

You blighters! You just blasted one of my wingmates! Powering weapons, get ready for some pain!

Or something.

Admin Notice: Roleplay when entering a group fight - casero - 09-16-2009

' Wrote:there was a rule saying if there is already an PVP event.. (a group fight) you can just jump in. and pew pew away.

If there was, it was before my time here, which is no long, but it's enough time to notice that if that rules existed, it doesn't anymore.

' Wrote:If there was, it was before my time here, which is no long, but it's enough time to notice that if that rules existed, it doesn't anymore.
I Demand a cookie. You will deliver that cookie to planet Honolulu (Yes there is one[not gonna tell you where])

"I see you shooting my friend here.. i am going weapons hot pew pew pew"

Admin Notice: Roleplay when entering a group fight - Cannon - 09-16-2009

Quote:there was a rule saying if there is already an PVP event.. (a group fight) you can just jump in. and pew pew away.
There wasn't a rule I think, but I and others have in the past stated something like:

"if you're joining an existing fight then you don't need to role play before joining"

The above statement reverses this and hopefully clarifies the rule.

Quote:What if you're part of a faction already involved in the fight? Say, for example, it's BAF vs KNF. If you come and you're also in the BAF| player faction, can you join in without an engagement notice? It just seems a little OORP to me that every reinforcement has to announce his arrival. If KNF are fighting BAF| and another BAF| shows up, they should already assume he's part of the fight. Most often a BAF isn't going to sit around watching other BAF fighting the enemy..
If BAF ships arrive after the fight has started they need to issue some sort of statement indicating that they are about to join.