Discovery Gaming Community
So I got a PS2 Slim for free... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: So I got a PS2 Slim for free... (/showthread.php?tid=26840)

So I got a PS2 Slim for free... - Dopamino - 09-19-2009

...off the curb. Only thing wrong with it was the lens was a little dirty. So, now I have a PS2. I got some games for it yesterday (Res Evil 4, Black [best shooter I've ever played... so beautiful], SW BF II, Ace Combat 4,and Sims 2). Besides the other Ace Combat games (I'm definitely gonna get all of them), what good combat flight sims/FPSs/Adventure Shooters do you recommend for the PS2?

So I got a PS2 Slim for free... - AJBeast - 09-19-2009

The Ratchet & Clank series has always been a good one. But thats more of an adventure-shooter sort of thing. Also the Jak series. I never played the first one , but 2 and 3 were awsome. Thats 3PS though.

I do know of alot more games , but I havent picked up my PS2 for years so I cant rememeber any...

So I got a PS2 Slim for free... - jammi - 09-19-2009

I'd recommend the Metal Gear Solid games, with Sons of Liberty (the second one) or Snake Eater (the third one) both being fairly entertaining.

There's also massive amounts of fun to be had in Timesplitters: Future Perfect (the third one) and Starwars Battlefront 2. I prefer Timesplitters though.

T-minus 3

So I got a PS2 Slim for free... - AJBeast - 09-19-2009

*facepalm* How could I forget MGS3. That is one epic game , I highly suggest you buy it. Mm , tasty.... olol.

Also , I own SW BF 1 on the PS2 and the second on the PC. The second was not as ... polished , to be honest. Buy at your own risk. The first was just epic fun though.

So I got a PS2 Slim for free... - Dead_Parrot - 09-19-2009

Flight sim wise Sky Odyssey is a must.

Devil May Cry 1 and 3(not 2 though) are really great games too.

Zone of the Enders is an amasing mech action game.
As for First person shooters Timesplitters 2 and 3 are amasing games.
But if you liked Black chances are you'll love Red Faction 1(RF2 was rubbish though so don't get it) It's not as pretty as black but you can blow up just about everything...
literally

Damn I forgot Shadow of Colossus thanks for reminding me Thor22.
Seriously it is one of the best games ever.

So I got a PS2 Slim for free... - Exterminator - 09-19-2009

Ace Combat is the best!:yahoo:

I can recommend you Ace Combat 5,Ace Combat Zero:The Belkan War,Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell:Chaos Theory,Splinter Cell:Double Agent...
then if you like racing Need For Speed:Most Wanted,Need For Speed:Hot Pursuit 2,Burnout 3,Burnout Revenge,Burnout Dominator,Gran Turismo 3 and 4...

So I got a PS2 Slim for free... - Thor22 - 09-19-2009

Shadow of the Colossus.

Not bad price here on Yankee-Doodle Amazon.

Great game!

So I got a PS2 Slim for free... - jammi - 09-19-2009

Also, because it's a PS2, it can deal with PS1 games as well. That's a great excuse to dust off the original Final Fantasy games; VII and IX were brilliant.

T-minus 1