Discovery Gaming Community
Remove the cameraship's shieldbox and hitbox - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Remove the cameraship's shieldbox and hitbox (/showthread.php?tid=26940)

Pages: 1 2 3

Remove the cameraship's shieldbox and hitbox - Guest - 09-21-2009

So, since the last pewfest in Lost. I bumped into a few people, probably knocking off their aim a few times and they probably died probably...dunno.

Could we remove the shield-box and hit-box from a ship that is only meant to film stuffs?

Remove the cameraship's shieldbox and hitbox - Bear - 09-21-2009

that's a good idea actually. Please can we do it?

Remove the cameraship's shieldbox and hitbox - TheMillers - 09-21-2009

' Wrote:So, since the last pewfest in Lost. I bumped into a few people, probably knocking off their aim a few times and they probably died probably...dunno.

Could we remove the shield-box and hit-box from a ship that is only meant to film stuffs?
I see the merit in this, but it would open up other problems - Such as cameraships flying through stations, suns and planets.

Slotsaving with a cameraship would be possible, just fly into the center of Planet Manhattan, leave it circling there, and you have a slot anytime you want. Today slotsavers who are out in space, are "ghostsships" flying around without a pilot, meaning that if you see it you at least can hail it, and if no response and sure of it being a slotsaver, can report it or *cough* take care of it in other ways.

A much better solution, which I probably will be flamed for voicing, would be that a cameraship operator keeps his situational awareness, and never flies closer than 3-400 m to any ship involved in the action the cameraship wants to film.

Cpt. Miller, of the BHG|Core vessel "Miller's Lager"

Remove the cameraship's shieldbox and hitbox - Boss - 09-21-2009

Or make the Camera Ship given by admin only and remove the aforementioned items.

Remove the cameraship's shieldbox and hitbox - tansytansey - 09-21-2009

I don't think it's possible to not have a .sur file declared or have a blank .sur file for a ship. But I'll try it. Also, pieces of equipment have their own hitboxes, so you won't want to be mounting -anything- if you want to pass through objects.

' Wrote:I don't think it's possible to not have a .sur file declared or have a blank .sur file for a ship. But I'll try it. Also, pieces of equipment have their own hitboxes, so you won't want to be mounting -anything- if you want to pass through objects.

Make a .sur containing only concave objects, and don't declare them in concave.ini = pass through available.

Remove the cameraship's shieldbox and hitbox - Guest - 09-21-2009

Allright, i am tired of your What Ifs, people, Yes, it could be abused, yes they could be annoying but i have YET TO SEE one camship flying around by a lolwutter since the mod releice.

Remove the cameraship's shieldbox and hitbox - chovynz - 09-21-2009

' Wrote:A much better solution, which I probably will be flamed for voicing, would be that a cameraship operator keeps his situational awareness, and never flies closer than 3-400 m to any ship involved in the action the cameraship wants to film.

But...But...But that would mean that they have to be personally responsible with their <strike>big</strike>littleships!
We can't have that.
We must make a rule up that states Camera ships must fly AWAY from other players. That would solve the problem.

Remove the cameraship's shieldbox and hitbox - n00bl3t - 09-21-2009

' Wrote:Allright, i am tired of your What Ifs, people, Yes, it could be abused, yes they could be annoying but i have YET TO SEE one camship flying around by a lolwutter since the mod releice.

My Angel is almost consistently OoRP.:P

Seriously though, nice concept.

I honestly cannot imagine anyone slot-saving with a camera ship. (Also, when was the last time we were at 200?)

' Wrote:Allright, i am tired of your What Ifs, people, Yes, it could be abused, yes they could be annoying but i have YET TO SEE one camship flying around by a lolwutter since the mod releice.

The reason you haven't seen lolwutters fly around in cameraships, is because a cameraship can't mount anything that makes a lolwutters life so grand : weapons.

And it WILL be abused for slotsaving in the manner described, if the hitbox is made so the ship can passthrough anything. You haven't seen that either yet, because the hitbox is there.

' Wrote:But...But...But that would mean that they have to be personally responsible with their <strike>big</strike>littleships!
We can't have that.
We must make a rule up that states Camera ships must fly AWAY from other players. That would solve the problem.
I prefer that rule 0.0 is applied more to any situation on disco, rather than adding yet another rule.

And in that view, cameraship operators should remember that they are not participants in whatever action they are trying to film, so they should be grand to the actual active participants by ensuring they do not interfere in the action, just to get their video/screenies recorded.
They exist outside the RP environment, and as such should take all due care not to interfere in anyway with the happenings in the RP environment they are trying to document. In other words, Situational awareness and try to fly in such a way as not gettting so close that you are risking a collison with one of the active participants.

Otherwise IMHO, if people want to be war correspondents on Disco, the stats on the cameraship should be nerfed to regular starflier stats. War correspondents die just the same way as the actual combattants in the real world.

Thats why real world war correspondents try to keep under cover from the actual line of fire, while they record the footage, because they know that otherwise they are dead.