Discovery Gaming Community
Captain William Scott to the Council of Zoner - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Captain William Scott to the Council of Zoner (/showthread.php?tid=27065)

Captain William Scott to the Council of Zoner - Pinko - 09-23-2009

[Channel: Lightly Encrypted]
[COnnection.... success]
[From: William Scott (ID: Liberty Security Force)]
[From: The Security Force cruiser ''Santa Fe'']

Greetings honorable Council of Zoner,

As me and my crew patrolled the Omicron Kappa sector, we heard quite a weird rumor: The Zoners have given Planet Primus to the Apocalypse group as a temporary base. May I have any confirmations on such claims?

[Channel: Open for reply]

Captain William Scott to the Council of Zoner - Quorg - 09-23-2009

Comm ID: RFS Freedom

We are not experts and we do not speak on behalf of the Council, on which we hold a seat.

However, we can state the following:
1) We in no way have "given" control of any of our bases (excluding the ones in Pennsylvania, those Libertonian rats!) to any party.
2) We are not going to participate on either side in an all-out war between large and well-armed groups of bickering bounty hunters (unless one side begins targeting Zoners). You can take that to the bank.
3) Our No-Fire Zone policies remain in place.
4) We condemn any use of any Zoner bases as staging points for any raids against any group that is not diplomatically hostile to us, and any party that does so forfeits his neutral status while within Zoner-controlled areas.

-Jonah Robinson and Crew

Captain William Scott to the Council of Zoner - Weepig - 09-23-2009

------- Incoming Transmission -------

To: William Scott
Subject: Apocalypse Wing

--- Message Begins ---

*long heavy sigh*

Good day sir,

I can't believe that <strike>moron </strike>Colonel Kurtz has dragged the Council of Zoners into this. Here goes.

While on my way to Freeport 11 a month or so ago I ran into Colonel Kurtz and started communicating with him. Having had a few bottles of wine on the long journey back from Freeport 10 i was a touch inebriated but I remember the pertinent parts of the conversation.

I asked why a known enemy of both the BHG and Order was basing himself and his group on a Zoner base that was situated as it is? Did he not think it was a little unfair on the Zoners that he was pitting 2 factions against us by staying on our base and in our NFZ.
He asked where should he go then? I said there may be somewhere in Kappa that will take them and they'll be out of everyone's hair.

At no point did i claim to speak for the CoZ. At no point did i claim to have any power other than my one vote. At no point did i 'give' anything to him. At no point were the CoZ involved.

I simply asked him to move on as a concerned Zoner. We have enough to worry about in Delta as I'm sure you will agree.
I even ran into him again in Kappa and clarified my position and his a week or two ago. I'm not sure how much to read into the fact that he seems to have chosen to settle on a planet of monkeys rather than a planet of intelligence, artificial or otherwise.

The Council of Zoners has nothing to do with this. If you feel the need to discuss this further then i will happily meet you somewhere and explain further. Same applies to any BHG ships that might get this message.

Spartacus Out

--- Message Ends ---

------- Transmission Terminated --------

Captain William Scott to the Council of Zoner - Jinx - 09-23-2009

to:William Scott

"i am sorry to say that your data appears to be outdated. - a long time ago, Zoners indeed tried to colonize Primus and Gammu, but the colonization attempts failed miserably. we do not speak of what happened much and naturally, your organization ought not to know much about it ( how should you anyway ).

nither gammu nor primus is "ours". - so we can also not give it to anyone. - ancient claims might still indicate that zoner colonists may be the first humans to set foot on their surfaces. - but that is a long time ago.

nowadays, both, primus and gammu are somewhat "restricted zones" - not restricted by any organization that restricts them as such, but restricted in a way that its perilous to come close.

highly dangerous and hostile encounters have classified both planets and pretty much the whole of "kappa" a red alert zone.

whoever resides or bases on either gammu or primus does so at their own risk and peril. - it doesn t need the zoners to do so. - at least as long as it concerns the LSF anyway. zoner installations and remains of the colonization attempts are probably sometimes used by fortune hunters or explorers, but at the same time, many of those that once set feet on the surfaces were trapped there - just like the ancient colonists were trapped there by the hostile ships patrolling the space of kappa.

however - i do speak for my own here, - if the council indeed still claims both, primus or gammu, i stand corrected. - but from our datafiles on freeport 11, we gave both planets up due to extreme losses of life and resources.

sincerely cpt. Tate"

Captain William Scott to the Council of Zoner - lousal - 09-23-2009

------------------------------------------------------------------

Captain William Scott to the Council of Zoner - Doc Holliday - 09-23-2009

Comm ID: [TAZ]Doc Holliday
To: Mr. William Scott
RE: Planet Primus, Planet Gammu

Greetings, Mr. Scott,

The Zoner Council has given no one authority to stage themselves from any of our bases in attempts to attack or raid it's enemies. I think that should give you your answer right there.

There is a reason we Zoners don't live on those two planets. I think Ms. Tate elaborated on that fairly well. I have heard, although my knowledge is limited on this, that artificial lifeforms have been existing on Gammu. As I don't go there, I don't know for myself.

I also share delegate Salome's thought, is Liberty expanding it's interests? The Liberty government requires of anyone to request permission to bring in a capital size ship into it's space. I would expect the same from a member of the Liberty Government that brings a capital ship into someone else's zone of influence.

Dr. John Henry Holliday
Council Chairman