Discovery Gaming Community
How far can a Council traders go? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: How far can a Council traders go? (/showthread.php?tid=27109)

How far can a Council traders go? - Teiwas - 09-24-2009

Hello!

Ok, no "are Council Caps OK in New York"-discussion here;)

But i wonder how far council traders could travel without being totally OORP.

You would look down on any capital or even military ships outside it's territory,
it's simply OORP when the KNF flies thru Liberty or RM flying thru Bretonia, Eta or what ever.
But we dont look down on Liberty traders in Kusari or the other way round for example.

To make it brief, as an Interspace Trader you can go almost everywhere - how far can you go with a Council
trader? Just to the Taus as it's said for Council (military) ships? Or to Leeds or even to New London?

What do you think, in some threads i've read that people find gallic military ships outside Gallia
suspicious but gallic traders more or less acceptable.

Regards.

How far can a Council traders go? - Ash - 09-24-2009

The Council can go into the Taus, Bretonia and Kusari.

Full stop.

Not Baffin, Not Coronado, Nowhere else.

Rules Link

How far can a Council traders go? - Teiwas - 09-24-2009

Yea, thats what i read too, but what means Bretonia, some say just till the Norther borders, is that true? Or even to Cambridge or Honshu?

How far can a Council traders go? - Ash - 09-24-2009

As the post states, it's bretonia and kusari. So thats any systems that are owned by that house. So with Bretonia that's all the core systems stretching out to Dublin, Iverness and Chester. With Kusari that's the core systems, Okinawa and Tohoku. But naturally, some of these systems a Council pilot wouldn't even know about, never mind have any reason to go there.

Sure, make a good route out of it. But I won't be impressed if I see a council freighter in Tohoku, yano what i mean. There's just no RP for a council character out there right now.

How far can a Council traders go? - Fleur Dupont - 09-24-2009

@Ash
Please could you tell me, why it makes sense from the background of the council, to isolate itself in a way like that?
And to not trade further out?

Really that is for me a rule that really prevents people from playing there and makes no sense.

Not knowing the routes is kind of strange... like you wouldnt find out really fast. Thats what agents and bribes are for;).

Just my opinion.

Fleur

How far can a Council traders go? - Silmathien - 09-24-2009

' Wrote:There's just no RP for a council character out there right now.

Research, gathering knowledge. There's always a reason for Rp. Or do you think this is reality? There should be more options in such a future, where mankind build spacecrafts to fly through an endless universe. Nothing comes from outside your mind, you know.;)