Discovery Gaming Community
BD Gunship - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: BD Gunship (/showthread.php?tid=27199)

Pages: 1 2

BD Gunship - Friday - 09-26-2009

Ahh the good old Blood Dragon Funboat.

I was thinking about asking for it to be turned into their version of the Pirate Transport.

And then getting a new Gunship, something to compete with the Kusari Gunboat.

So I thought - what ship is like a Blood coloured Dragon?

The Ragnarok - but used as the basis of a new ship rather than a direct import.

So I mashed up a FL Ragnarok model in Milkshape - first time I touched the program, or any 3D modeller for that matter!

Gallery of Laughs

BD Gunship - FroMcJoe - 09-30-2009

looks very much like a ship from Kusari. You may want to make it a little more boat shaped as a lot of BD ships and Kusari ships in general have been influenced from medieval asian boats ex. Kusari yacht and gunboat and Blood Dragon gunboat and battleship. I love the wingedness, it reminds me of the old arwing:)

BD Gunship - Friday - 10-01-2009

To be sure, its a rough model (you can see that the halves are not symmetrical as I was mucking around with angles and shapes).

I mean if I can get more feedback concerning this concept - I can keep hacking away at it - maybe I might even be able to figure out how to use more functions of Milkshape;)

I would also like to point out that - if people dont want a new BD gunship - the wing on its own would make an awesome Bretonian Buccaneer ship...

[Image: prawn.png]

BD Gunship - frozen - 10-01-2009

way too pointy, reminds me of a ship from EvE online.

Also, the model currently in game is made by AoM. if the entire BD faction/players are unhappy with the model, then perhaps build a model based on the BD line, not something radically different as that. (plus, you might need to get permission to replace AoM's ship first)

I wouldnt see the existing ship disappear - rather convert it into a Dragon Pirate Transport.

BD Gunship - waddoff - 10-02-2009

The current Dragon Gunboat is better. BD Capital ships have a really unique flair about them, something this model lacks.

BD Gunship - reavengitair - 10-02-2009

I can almost garuntee, among most Kusari Unlawfuls and most other people - the bd gunboat is the fugliest thing ever.

Replace. Nau.

BD Gunship - Friday - 10-02-2009

Yes, that was the catalyst for starting this process.

I wouldnt mind more input from other Kusari Unlawfuls. With input it would encourage me to keep going with such a project.

BD Gunship - reavengitair - 10-02-2009

The thing about the Dragon Gunboat in comparison to the other caps -

The cruiser - most people love it, due to the forward gun, and the mixture of Black, Red and gold.

The Battleship - same with the cruiser.

The gunboat - Lacks overall design, it instead as a "white" touch, a somewhat-blurry texture and the overall fatness puts people off. It also lacks the small features that all other Kusari ships have. In fact, I would prefer the Kusari Explorer to be put back as a dragon gunboat. (maybe edit the textures to make it a little redder?)