Discovery Gaming Community
Modeling programs curiouse as to wat you fellas use? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Modeling programs curiouse as to wat you fellas use? (/showthread.php?tid=27405)

Pages: 1 2

Modeling programs curiouse as to wat you fellas use? - Radic - 10-01-2009

wat modeling programs do you guys use?
the one i use produces 3dm. 3ds. files are there anyways to convert these to fit the program that is Compatible to freelancer ship files ect...
?
also where can i get ship textures an colour templates?

Modeling programs curiouse as to wat you fellas use? - Cyberanson - 10-01-2009

I can handle Blender pretty much. It can use nearly all model file formats which are important nowadays and has really many functions. Once you managed the controls the modeling process will happen very fast.

The only problem from there is, that you need to import everything in Milkshape afterwards and adjust various material settings. But hey... it works at all.

Modeling programs curiouse as to wat you fellas use? - Turkish - 10-01-2009

I use 3ds Max 2010/2009, top of the line application when you've learned the ins and outs, though they do like to add new ones.

Its excellent, intuitive, and fully packed. Not to say it doesn't have competition though. The process of 3ds to MS3D is very simple. And rarely results in error or issue.

Modeling programs curiouse as to wat you fellas use? - sycima - 10-01-2009

i am using g-max....it takes a lot of time.....to make a model,but it's simple to use....,afther that...i texture in milkshape....

i am trying to learn blender.....it's hard to learn..(not a very begginer friendly program)..but....that baby...as i saw.....can do much....

bouth blender and g-max are free

Modeling programs curiouse as to wat you fellas use? - frozen - 10-01-2009

3ds max 8/9, good to go.

Modeling programs curiouse as to wat you fellas use? - 13CentKiller - 10-01-2009

Autodesk Maya is an easier program to model with in my opinion. The controls are very (dare I say it) user friendly, with a little tuition. I could never get the hang of 3DS Max.

Although, if you get a little training here and there, it won't really matter at the end of the day. It is just a tool after all. They are all relativity the same.

Modeling programs curiouse as to wat you fellas use? - Radic - 10-01-2009

yeha mate i work with Rhinocerose 3d witch is the drafting version of 3dmax its like um AutoCad an 3dmax put into a blender an that was the result lol cool

Modeling programs curiouse as to wat you fellas use? - frozen - 10-01-2009

' Wrote:Autodesk Maya is an easier program to model with in my opinion. The controls are very (dare I say it) user friendly, with a little tuition. I could never get the hang of 3DS Max.

Although, if you get a little training here and there, it won't really matter at the end of the day. It is just a tool after all. They are all relativity the same.

eh, to each his own, really. ive worked in both maya and 3ds (mostly 3ds), and while most of the tools do the same thing, the interface is where they differ. both do an awesome job though assuming the person using them knows the ins and outs of em.

Modeling programs curiouse as to wat you fellas use? - Xing - 10-02-2009

Jinx and I both use Metasequoia. Simple modelling freeware.

Modeling programs curiouse as to wat you fellas use? - waddoff - 10-02-2009

I use mostly 3DS Max now, but I started off using Metasequoia.