Discovery Gaming Community
Story of a pirate - a FireGod on a loose - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Story of a pirate - a FireGod on a loose (/showthread.php?tid=27485)

Story of a pirate - a FireGod on a loose - CzeReptile - 10-02-2009

// Personal log of Captain Paul Kelter

Many have asked why I have done it. Why after all these years, all the spent tears and hard work I have left the Corsairs, my friends, my family, my homeland. I never talked about it, despite being asked maybe million times, I have kept my mouth shut about this. I do not know why I did so, maybe I was shamed, maybe scared, that is not important. My recent voyages have raised alot of questions among those unlucky to run into me, and since it is my personal thing only, I will explain myself to the rest. No care whether you interested or not, it is my life and mine only. For what I do and will do, only my own will shall be the relevant one, whatever the cost.

I have been born many years ago, on this shiny planet Crete. Family of traders, hard-working for the corsair cause. I remember my childhood, watching all the ships, military and transport ones flying around and into the outer space. I have spent countless hours sitting on top of our house, watching Legates vanishing in the night sky as small dots, shiny as stars, mighty, fearless...I always wanted to one day join the mighty fleet of Corsair ships, no care whether I would fly a bomber or any of our great fighters, my passion for flying did not care about this. I recall my father taking me for my first ride in one of these. First time I left the planet to enjoy the cold vastness of the space. I fell in love with it. Yet my dreams did not come true in the end. For my love to the corsairs and their cause was and maybe still is indeed strong, but for me, a family will be always the first thing.

It seemed only a routine trip. My fathers transport was carrying huge food and water supplies to Crete again. He spent days off home on these trips. But on this one, my wait for him in my room ended up in completely other fashion then I expected. No warm hug, huge smile for the profit made, no dreams about what we buy or where can we go this time. Just a message...saying his ship was destroyed when did not stopping for a corsair patrol to check them. Shot down, destroyed by the very people he called his own family.

I was stunned. I could not believe. Driven by anger, hate, or just all the sadness from his sudden death, I used password to his account, which I somehow snuck over the time, but never used before, and withdrew alot of money from it. I was not really bent on revenge, only on single wish - to run away, far far away from this place. I secretly went to Tripoli, and struck a deal with one of the ship dealers there. I bought a nice little Imperator gunboat, fueled it and straightly left Gamma. And away I went...through Omegas, Bretonia space and some independents, I ended up on a base that seemed not interested in anybody else, sort of you-on-your-own guys, the Freelancer on their base. I changed my equipment for civilian ones, gathered new crew who cares only about credits and thought about the future. Being a corsair by nature, I have decided, that piracy might be the option after all. IT was all I know. It still is all I can do really. I could have stayed in Omegas, with my so called family, but...my father...it was too strong for me to stay there, I had to leave. Everything that is still binding me to corsairs is only my gunboat, being of their design. It is my last and single reminder to my long lost home, named after my fathers Titan, Svarog, the Firegod of the old. With it, I now roam around the Sirius, hunting for traders, seeking out bounties, hiding from authorities and those who hunt me, bent on running away from my past, with no real future. I do not blame the corsair really, I do not really want a revenge, but my hatred is still way too strong for me to return there.

IF you do understand, it is good. If not, I do not care. Warn your trader friends, warn those bountied on by unlawfuls, FireGod is now around...

// end of log entry