Discovery Gaming Community
keeper engagement notices - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: keeper engagement notices (/showthread.php?tid=27545)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

keeper engagement notices - darthbeck - 10-04-2009

so. what counts as a keeper engagement notice? because really... i'm getting a little tired of them going "**Our kin (!)*** and opening fire...

you know who you are. i dont want to flame the keepers or anything, but really. give people a chance to respond. even if you fully intend to utterly gank them (which might have just happened, not entirely sure just who opened fire), giving them a chance to talk will make people more likely to not just run and dock right away.

again, not intending to be overly critical of the keepers, but i dont really feel like going to the admins. yet.

keeper engagement notices - nassou - 10-04-2009

All that is required is RP beforehand. Keeper RP is short and sweet. If you don't want to be engaged by them, stay away from them.

keeper engagement notices - Zapp - 10-04-2009

They're Nomads, if they're in weapons range you should really be on your toes. They speak in riddles, going ***Engaging*** or any derivative thereof would be extremely OORP. Of course, the rules only require some form of RP before attack, not notice of engagement. So if you get some RP out of the Keepers, know that they can attack. Can, not will.

keeper engagement notices - casero - 10-04-2009

IF the RP of any interaction with any player leads to a fight, or start getting agressive, you should feel that somethings is going to happen.

And if that interaction is happening with nomads, who hate everything and everyone, you should think they are going to kill you as soon as they can.

keeper engagement notices - Tenacity - 10-04-2009

Every human NPC in this game will say "Engaging Freelancer Alpha One dash One!" when they start shooting you.

Nomad NPC's do not.

I see no problem here. They're aliens, you're in their space, you should expect to be attacked - we get attacked all the time without RP or engagement notices (unless you count "ENAGEGNG KEEPARS!1!"). Now, since joining them, I havent seen a situation yet where RP isnt done before a battle starts. If you come into the fight partway and start shooting, or even if you look ominous while flying by a fight, you're probably going to get shot at.

keeper engagement notices - Camtheman Of Freelancer4Ever - 10-04-2009

Well, I dont see much with the keepers engagement notices, but they do tend to gank rather a lot.
Same with the Phantoms, just recently had 1 GB, one Bomber and a Phantom Osiris vs. my one backward turret trader.

The keepers RP their engagement notices far more than any other faction it seems, It is as had been said before, hidden in the riddles.

keeper engagement notices - Guest - 10-04-2009

***(The sounds of metal being torn apart and ripped echoes through your mind, the alloy screaming in pain as it's very own existence is ended)***

[Image: screen207x.jpg]

keeper engagement notices - jimmy Patterson - 10-04-2009

ive seen nomad trials givmme a better notice then the keepers(not all) *** claws ...Attack***** or things likethat at least make it something clear ***our klin****dosent even make sense riddle or not

keeper engagement notices - Camtheman Of Freelancer4Ever - 10-04-2009

lolirony.

Thats not me.
Besides, This guy didnt RP like a real legit veteran RP'er, so It couldnt have been you...

But anyways, All those terroristic factions always seem to gank a LOT.

keeper engagement notices - Guest - 10-04-2009

Zomgolol ganking.

From personal experience its ganking only when its not you doing it.