Discovery Gaming Community
Capital wrecks - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Capital wrecks (/showthread.php?tid=27728)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Capital wrecks - Linkus - 10-07-2009

We see em in Gallia.
Lets see them in the rest of Sirius.

After all, Bretonia and Kusari have lost some capital ships. Lets get some more actual wrecks around.

Before anyone says 'Teh junkers will take them' etc etc, look at Gallia. There are entire battleships floating around. There are reasons that they are left there though, usually because it makes more sense to strip the ships than to use their very damaged hulls. Considering that the many pirate and unlawful groups in Sirius live in asteroid fields (Apart from the OC and Corsairs mainly) I doubt there would be huge interest in first repairing a very very badly damaged battleship but also attempting to keep it in good condition.

So in short.
More capital wrecks please.

Capital wrecks - Ash - 10-07-2009

Outcast Gaurd? GMG BS?

One example.

But your point remains Valid.

Capital wrecks - Weedalot - 10-07-2009

i agree, sounds good and should be done.

Capital wrecks - Birdtalon - 10-07-2009

Agreed,

I like Ash's Outcast Gaurd Idea.:D

Capital wrecks - Ash - 10-07-2009

>:l

Guard.

There.

I'm by far the worst typo-ist on disco.

+1

Capital wrecks - kindred - 10-07-2009

Theres a Liberty BS wreck in Tau-45, Yeeeehaaaaaaaaaaa killed by startrackers!

Capital wrecks - AJBeast - 10-07-2009

' Wrote:*snip*
Before anyone says 'Teh junkers will take them' etc etc, *snip*

Its true. We already took them all... And that is why you can't have any.

/srsmode ON

Ok, I agree with you on this one. Why the hell must all wrecks be of smaller ships? Most I have seen was a freighter wreck...

Capital wrecks - jammi - 10-07-2009

' Wrote:I'm by far the worst typo-ist on disco.
I bag ti diffor.

In all seriousness, there are capital wrecks, they're just not marked with the little red cross we know and love. Fly from Southampton Shipyard to the Leeds jump hole and you'll see two Dunkirk wrecks. Fly around in Sigma 13 and you'll see lot's of Rhienland Battleship wrecks.

To be honest, in my opinion the current battleship wrecks look a little silly and messy. Fly up to one in your Starflea, scratch the paint and loot falls out? Ye-e-e-eah... I'd like for the wrecks to be non-lootable, preferably without the red cross appearing. I'd appreciate them being selectable so you can view an infocard on them though.

Capital wrecks - Patrician - 10-07-2009

If I remember correctly, the Storm in the Molly Gold field is supposed to be a gunboat, but looks like a fighter. It would be nice if it was sized correctly. Could be wrong though.

I can see why there arent many old wrecks floating around; they would have been scavenged already. However, now that the four houses are at war, there should be some wrecks in the major conflict zones. It would add to the feel of a war-torn area, like the broken rings in Leeds.

Capital wrecks - johnpeter - 10-07-2009

I'd support this, however I think they should drop things such as ship hull panels, and engine components instead of guns..