Discovery Gaming Community
The Lane Hackers | Mission Archives - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: The Lane Hackers | Mission Archives (/showthread.php?tid=28024)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: The Lane Hackers | Mission Archives - Maria Freudenstein - 06-03-2019

...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Operative.Maria.Freudenstein.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: fuaLRNw.png][Image: 2.png]

Buonasera, Professor's,

a report linked to "Mission 63: Mission 63: Locate and investigate modular bases within and around Liberty".

As part of a routine patrol around Alberta I have located the modular base Chicago, it is locked to docking codes but I will work on that,

Arrivederci
Maria Freudenstein

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...

RE: The Lane Hackers | Mission Archives - Shell - 06-04-2019

...Operative.Yoko.Kayabuki.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 142a.png][Image: 2.png]

Mission 63
Phase 1

I've scouted the vicinity of nearby civilization within Bering and marked the location and progress of upstart stations. I'll give the list below. A full report on the newer installations can be seen via normal channels.

NameStatus
GMP|German.Market.People|HQBarely Standing
Ford Border StationIn Construction
Howler DepotSecondary Installation
~ZMI~Pleasant.TerreSecondary Installation
Rothaar HuetteSecondary Installation

RE: The Lane Hackers | Mission Archives - Stefan.Pomerov - 06-09-2019

...Operative.Stefan.Pomerov.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 118a.png][Image: 2.png]

Greetings!

I am here to announce my report on "Mission 72: Phase 1"
I utilized a specific vessel: A Rhino equipped with a Spyglass Scanner.

I reported to begin the task at approximate 02:28 Sirius Time.

I reported my search pattern: Navcom
And after a period of time: Navcom

I can conclude that Mission 72: Phase 1 is:
Inconclusive, No modular base sighted with in any strategic areas, locations to provide economical benefits.

RE: The Lane Hackers | Mission Archives - "Paragon" - 11-21-2019

...Operative.Redenius.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 152a.png][Image: 2.png]

Mission 67 - Gather intelligence on Gallic Invasion - Phase 1

A recap of the conflict is well within the realm of my abilities. The parties to the conflict can be divided up into the following:

This concludes the extent of knowledge I have on the matter.

RE: The Lane Hackers | Mission Archives - Mildred Wolfe - 12-13-2019

...Master.Assassin.Mildred.Wolfe.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: epxILOs.png][Image: 4w.png]
[Image: 10w.png][Image: 20w.png][Image: 34w.png][Image: 43w.png]

Mission 77 Report: Unlock EFL Network Technology

REPORT:

Initial attempts to locate and ascertain a means of breaching the EFL network through third parties outside of Rheinland and Bretonia have failed. Please refer to the following report to begin breaching attempts.

BRETONIA:

On 09-SEP-826 I made the second initiative by contacting the Director of the S.I.S - Victor Stiener following the collapse of the Gallic stronghold in Leeds. Leeds was left with a very unique facility that immediately caught the attention of Ageira. Unfortunately for them they were too late, and Mr. Stiener agreed to meet me on board and have me collect samples so that what breakthroughs we have might be used to both our advantages against any other means of the Gallic plague spreading back into Sirius. The yielded success, several blue pack samples were collected.

Blue Pack analysis Wrote:EFL Blue Packs contain EFL's Jump Gate and Trade Lane components. Inside is an anti-tampering, explosive device designed to destroy the contents if there is an attempt to open a Blue Pack without proper DNA or fingerprint recognition. Blue Packs are equipped with dual password locks requiring input from two employees, the Chief of Security for the receiving location and the EFL technician overseeing delivery, as well as an internal tracking beacon.

Mr. Stiener has agreed to work with us on any breakthroughs in the Tau front, as it is one of two immediate and close connections to Gallia.

Initial Comms to SIS.
Meeting Summary.

RHEINLAND:

Initial communications with the Director of the B.D.M were made on 18-AUG-826 however the major breakthrough in breaching the EFL network was not made until 13-NOV-826 after the Buro failed to gain full unrestricted control on their own accord. I made the initiative to gain access through the Buro Network which would ultimately have nothing more than a "visual" on EFL network. Of course, this can be tweaked based on further negotiations between the Director and the Professorship. The deal was sealed on the basis of mutual benefit, similar to Bretonia, and some compliance with the Buro. The access codes to the Buro's network to obtain a visual on the EFL expansion can be found below.

NOTE: Agreement by Director Enfield can be found in same communication channel, display is hidden but accessible for all professorship personnel.

Initial Comms to BDM.
ACCESS KEY

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network....hack.terminated...

RE: The Lane Hackers | Mission Archives - Maria Freudenstein - 02-23-2020

...Operative.Maria.Freudenstein.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: fuaLRNw.png][Image: 2.png]

Buonasera, Professor's,

a brief report linked, I believe in a general sense, to "Mission 72: Obtain intelligence on Gallic underworld

I had a brief encounter with [VC]Juliet.Crux, of The Voltaire Collective, a Maquis Cell. They were flying a BJ-6 "Basilisk" Maquis Bomber and a short conversation ensued, the essence of which is that they have a deep seated belief that cardamine should not enter Gallia. However, they would not be adverse to materials of an explosive nature appearing.

Arrivederci
Maria Freudenstein

RE: The Lane Hackers | Mission Archives - Raphael Drake - 05-24-2020

...Master.Assassin.Raphael.Drake.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 144d.png][Image: 4w.png]
[Image: 13w.png][Image: 20w.png][Image: 34w.png][Image: 40w.png]

Mission 63, Phase 1 Report

Professors,

while being on the look for new targets in Pennsylvania I've stumbled across a new modular base. "Interstellar Beacon" a neutral station to the Lane Hackers orbiting closely to Planet Bruin and the Philadelphia Station has drawn my attention. Somehow the administrators of the station already gave us docking permissions and I had the chance to take a look "inside" the station. It appears it is run by a group of "Zoners".

RE: The Lane Hackers | Mission Archives - Konrad von Glöda - 05-26-2020

...Initiate.Konrad.von.Glöda.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 158a.png][Image: 1.png]

Hello, Professors, I am reporting on Mission 63: Locate and investigate modular bases within and around Liberty
while on patrol, I located a modular base by the name of "Jeron's Scrapyard" this station appeared to be owned by the junkers but also semi-independent seems understocked this base was found near the remains of freeport 4

RE: The Lane Hackers | Mission Archives - Shell - 03-29-2021

...Fixer.Yoko.Kayabuki.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 142a.png][Image: 3.png]
[Image: 13d.png][Image: 20d.png][Image: 30d.png][Image: 40d.png]

Mission 11: Report misuse of Lane Hacker technology

As briefly reported via normal connections I was able to scan and identify a Libertonian Rogue pilot using our technology, specifically a type LHX7-F4S "Vindicator" fighter model. However, it appears to be loaded with Rouge-technology for armaments.

The Rogue in question goes by the callsign "Blackjack" and appears to be affiliated with one of the Rogue Gangs currently running their operations.

While normally this discovery would require us to work towards getting our technology back I decided to delay for three reasons. First, we had just struck a blow against a common foe and my vessel was in need of repairs, and to sully a victory didn't seem prudent. Second, I was out numbered with multiple rogue units flying about the location should they decide to become aggressive. Third and most importantly I wished to give myself and the professorship time to scope the situation and how to proceed with an allied force effectively stealing from us.

A later search through our records shows no active allowances for a ship with that callsign to be operating with that vessel. With this documentation and the query I put forward into our system coming false, I feel we should move to questioning over the neural net and correcting this error.

- Ship Callsign: "[R]-Blackjack"
- Ship Type: "LHX7-F4S "Vindicator"
- Usage: Aggressive Combat

RE: The Lane Hackers | Mission Archives - Shell - 07-23-2021

...Fixer.Yoko.Kayabuki.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 142e.png][Image: 3.png]

Mission 79: Reconnoiter Omicron Nu

This will be a lengthy report. After taking notice of transports moving into Virginia and out with materials the crew of the Recluse and I decided to take on the task of observing and scanning the system. Following the CNS Report we took strict precautions. We've also detailed the method into the target system and possible hazards on the way. This was done over multiple days.

Virginia
[Image: XMdvus1.png]

Virginia is one of the newer additions to Liberty's bloat, being added to the tradelane network via Texas only within recent years. Official methods into the system are via jumpgate in Texas, however an overlooked jumphole exists which places you somewhere within the Concord Asteroid Belt. The asteroids themselves are lacking in deposits of minerals or notable resources in our cursory scanning and the lack of mining operations leads us to believe it is without much use. Signatures registering to Xeno vessels, patchwork junker-designs, pop up occasionally. Suggesting to avoid exploring deeper into the field.

[Image: 4XHttZ5.png]
Our own destroyer, the Insidious, currently relays the system and was our point of contact for this mission. It moves near the binary stars using the radiation within the barycenter to mask itself. Beyond the stars lies an anomaly cloud of dark matter. Attempts to scan the cloud proved impossible. Moving into the cloud plays hazardous to scanners, which we were quick to exit after noticing this. While discovered later, there exists a jumphole into Omicron Nu situated somewhere on the system interior side of the cloud.

The Virginia system itself has infrastructure. The gate from Texas is met with tradelanes to a shipping platform operated by Universal. It appears that this is the end to the corporately open zone of the system however, as the Battleship Minneapolis guards and defends the two remaining trade lanes.
[Image: vGUWODQ.png]
One of these lanes heads to the Super Gate which is large enough to be visible or at least detectable from most of the system. The other tradelane goes towards an unknown planet surrounded by a dense minefield. We picked up further installations within, however attempts to get close enough proved impossible at the moment. Battlecruisers and heavy patrols guard the entirety of the zone hailing from both Navy and LSF.

The Supergate itself is guarded by a rather massive border station named Morgantown. We were delayed into getting close to the gate due to the station yet used the time to hack into the gate itself. Surprisingly the Supergate uses similar codes from Ageira's Jump Gates yet with more protection and security layers. If wanting to enter via the gate we suggest having enough time to pierce through additional security layers as it seems they are cycled from time to time.

Omicron Nu
[Image: Al3lfCx.png]

Entering through the gate is a mistake. Upon exiting one is greeted by heavy Navy patrols. Once at a safer distance we were able to gather that the area around the gate appears to be Liberty's staging grounds in the system. Storage containers and a surveyor liner remain situated in its orbit. After exiting, "behind" it lies what appears to be an outcrop of the Edge nebula found normally in the Omicrons. Scanning is muffled by pockets of explosive gas, however the nebula does take up a large portion of the system. On a normal navmap display the entirety of sector A, B, and portions of C is obscured by this nebula.

[Image: mlwNr8O.png]
With the gate situated in sector D6, the first visible object is a large gas giant named Midway, found at the cross of sector 6E/F. Using the gate and the gas giant as orientation for the system one is able to tune their systems to better navigate the system.

From this point on, Omicron Nu begins to grow strange. The green glow of the main star surrounded by molten rocks casts an eerie glow over everything in the system, even the further edge nebula which seems to curve and make shapes and pillars in the distance. Circling the star gives sight of what registers as an alien structure. It is massive, far surpassing anything humanity has made. Brief cross research leaves us to believe it is nomadic in origin but what it is made of or what its purpose is remains unknown. It should also be noted that the "upper" part of the system after circling the star has the crystalline forms of nomads floating about from here on out. We advise heavy caution if moving past the star.

[Image: Q7RDOV7.png]

Beyond the alien structure is something which is even more bizarre, which is odd to say after detailing a nomadic structure. At first we mistook it as an asteroid field around a barren planet only to find it was a scrap field. Only after visual confirmation were we able to correct our scanners to register it as scrap and metal which in itself was awry. Being straight forward, the field, dubbed the Bikini Debris Field, is a scrapyard full of naval vessels. Those rocks found within the zone display trace amounts of sulfur which our records have only registered in the Texas system before this point. Even stranger is the vessels found within the scrap. Fighters and bombers spot the zone while battlecruisers and even a battleship appear if one looks close enough. Scanning the larger of the vessels we found their signature matched an older record of the Battleship Tennessee and it's fleet which has been off public record for over three hundred years.

This fact is true about every wrecked ship and floating equipment. All signatures and design records date three to four hundred years ago. The Tennessee was last recorded as to have been stationed in Texas around the time of the Texas Incident. It is possible it was moved here to scout the system and met an unknown fate. We have to perform more research as to why this place exists to know further.

[Image: tgyISFd.png]
The field was hardly touched over the centuries with the occasional junker or scrapper moving in to steal off some dated naval tech to be sold elsewhere. A brief search of the various scrap on the black market shows that there are interested parties in these unique objects taken from this field, selling at high prices. Mining operations here have to be swift and efficient as the planet, named Marshall, seems to be hiding a deeper secret.

Set in the middle of this cloud and having likely held it here for the centuries is Marshall, a dark barren world littered with fallen wreckage. However unknown signatures, possibly rivalling scrapper groups, burn towards discovered vessels attempting to salvage from the field and charge with full hostility. Their tactic seems to be to use the gravity and orbit of the planet to both hide their approach while also speeding up their vessel to surprise any would-be salvager from taking their spoils. We obtained only a small sampling from the field before moving on to avoid crossing these groups.

The secondary star of this binary system is a small white dwarf with a close cluster of asteroids in orbit. Also within orbit is what appears to be an aggressive zoner outpost, likely build to support the scrapping operations. Observing the patrols going to and leaving the station revealed a jumphole to the Omicron Minor system, the route the zoners likely use.

[Image: IRbBrEe.png]
Further observations show that the system is quite active in terms of patrols. LSF patrols border the edge nebula, labeled the Marina Trench, near an interesting rock cropping within the cloud. Searching for their patrol paths lead us instead to a jumphole leading to the Virginia system which, after testing, exited into the Anomaly cloud.

As stated prior nomads loom in the upper edges of the system and it seems that the Order have followed suit. We only caught one patrol in the H4 sector however it leads us to believe that they have a vested interest in at least keeping watch over this system. Attempts to find them elsewhere proved a failure allowing us to mark sectors F, G, and H as likely locations to cross their patrol paths if attempting to find them during later operations.

Following our scan of the system we returned to Liberty proper. It was at this point that we found one use for the Nu system in that some departments of various organizations have already exploited. I linked up with another of the circle after the Spyglass Network picked up multiple vessels coming from Virginia. An APM vessel was reported coming from that location hauling iridium ore which after denying communications was blown up by our wingwoman. Following this incident we coordinated and cut off an Ageira transport. Questioning it revealed that it was contracted to haul iridium from the Omicron Delta system to Colorado, having worked with a Core miner to get the ore. The crew of the vessel confirmed that the Core have a mining operation in that system for the ore as well.

In conclusion, the system seems to be uncontrolled for the time being with marked interest by the Liberty Navy to secure at least a foothold into the system. While the jumphole into Minor is useful we have yet to find what their plans are for the system nor have the years of scanning data they have on any useful raw resources found in Omicron Nu. We suggest high caution when moving through this route and to expect heavy naval, nomadic, and scrapper resistance within.

[Image: kXFNfCZ.png]