Discovery Gaming Community
Am I the only one who does this? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Am I the only one who does this? (/showthread.php?tid=28228)

Pages: 1 2

Am I the only one who does this? - kikatsu - 10-15-2009

Dunno, figured I should ask.

Most of the characters that I actually RP as here on Discovery are actually characters that I have created for another story or universe. Some of them were originally from other Scifi stories I wrote, but others are just from 'normal' stories. Like Alma, Kijuuki, and Emile, a trio of space pirates that have their own universe...or like Toledo, a poor waiter just out of college trying to find his place in the world.

The point is, I still RP as the same character with the same personality, but just in a different universe and a few tweeks to their backstory to make it more reasonable for Freelancer.

I was just curious if anyone else did something like this...taking their characters from other stories and brining them in here to RP with?

I do mean characters that are your own creations...not RP'ing as a character from a show or movie.

Am I the only one who does this? - Ark - 10-15-2009

No? Yes? Kinda?

Noukon, I've directly imported from other fiction of mine. He's the only one out of a group of 8. (Wow eight already really?)

Ark is a representation of the weak half of my personality. That may count.

I don't find the practice to be wrong or bizarre. I tend to do it in less important settings (Oblivion, Soul Calibur?)

It took me entirely too long to write this (~12 minutes.)

Am I the only one who does this? - Bazza - 10-15-2009

Two of my characters that I represent are real people (myself and the other half) and the rest are imported from whatever is popular in the house at the time of conception. The same applies to ship names.

I'll leave it up to you to decide who is who. But Mc Dowell is not my real surname.;)

Am I the only one who does this? - jxie93 - 10-15-2009

I have one completely original (well in the respect of role and story) character and have different variations of him. But the name Cabulb is not entirely my idea though, if you're a hardcore fan of Command & Conquer you might get where it comes from.

Am I the only one who does this? - Zukeenee - 10-15-2009

Eh, kind of. I mean, whenever I roleplay as Zukeenee (in whatever game I'm in), I pretty play the character as myself, or how I would act in the given situation. And I once used Brakelatabasaasta on another MMO, kept the same personality.

Am I the only one who does this? - Corsair - 10-15-2009

Nope. I create all my characters on the fly and develop their roleplay as I go.

In a way, all of you helped me to develop my characters to where they are.

Am I the only one who does this? - DarthCloakedGuy - 10-15-2009

My namesake, Andre DelArco, is not from Freelancer, he's from Cemu, my own science-fiction fantasy universe. Though, changed a LOT.

All the rest are from here. A few have even been exported back to Cemu.

Am I the only one who does this? - Fletcher - 10-15-2009

I do imported characters.

The Medic
Professor Farnsworth
To an extend, The Sentinels.

Am I the only one who does this? - dark177 - 10-16-2009

Well, all my character *names* are from characters either I or someone I know has played in a different roleplaying game (mostly Vampire: The Masquerade), but I don't RP them the same, since most of their RP wouldn't make much sense for Freelancer. Though I do sorta use some of their traits. For example, my BPA character, David Anthony, was British in his vampiric incarnation.

So put me down for 'sorta.'

Am I the only one who does this? - Sarawr!? - 10-16-2009

*points to Akaisha Kusunagi*

At one point or another, she was some sort of cyberpunk Commando type, after that she was a Neko girl...after that she was a Terran Space Marine, after that she was a neko girl again, and now she's a Kusari Slaver...

So that's a yes, at least one of my characters is 'imported'.