Discovery Gaming Community
My Paint.NET addiction - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Media Center (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: My Paint.NET addiction (/showthread.php?tid=28389)

Pages: 1 2

My Paint.NET addiction - Jamez - 10-18-2009

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll82/Ji...4m1e/Jinsei.png

This is a pic a whipped up a while back -- it's not perfect as you will quickly notice, but I really like it. It's a reflection of Freelancer rather than just a picture from Freelancer.

It's flawed, and there are prettier universes out there, but Freelancer can still make you stop and stare, and awe at its wonderful phenomena. We have good fun together and yet, the lonliness of space evokes strong emotion in all of us.

Yes, the filters make the HUD look silly, and yes you do need to wear SPF 30 before you can view the picture -- but through all that there is a lonely ship, a proud creation of humanity being dwarfed by the glory of Sigma-19's powerful twin suns.

The Freelancer logo that we have all seen so many times sits above the scene, as a quiet reminder of what we all take for granted.

I wonder if only I can see that which I have said by viewing this picture.

My Paint.NET addiction - Hell Hunter - 10-18-2009

Thats cool
way better then my fail attemps

My Paint.NET addiction - ed_philips38 - 10-18-2009

With the added words in your thread starter, I can feel it too, so you're not alone.

My Paint.NET addiction - Tenacity - 10-18-2009

Get GIMP, it's awesome. I made my avatar over there with it.

My Paint.NET addiction - Kazinsal - 10-18-2009

Which is somewhere between awesome and scary, btw. House = win, Pedohouse = scary.

I never liked the GIMP. Paint.NET and Photoshop are my babies.

My Paint.NET addiction - Calego - 10-18-2009

I have only ever made one sucessful thing with Paint.net, and my version was on steroids with a ton of extra plugins added onto it.
Get GIMP if not Photoshop. It looks a bit intimidating at first, but once you get to know the interface you realize its quite simple, just a little different. Then upgrade to Photoshop. Paint.net is for editing Photos, not makeing sigs.

On topic, that actually is pretty cool. Not much done to anything but the Hud and the added logo but it does indeed look cool.
Thats what Paint.net's primary function is editing/spiceing up photos, not createing graphics.

My Paint.NET addiction - Soar - 10-18-2009

' Wrote:Thats what Paint.net's primary function is editing/spiceing up photos, not createing graphics.
Ask Magoo! about that. I'm sure he'll tell you otherwise.

My Paint.NET addiction - Ximen_Benitez - 10-18-2009

' Wrote:I have only ever made one sucessful thing with Paint.net, and my version was on steroids with a ton of extra plugins added onto it.
Get GIMP if not Photoshop. It looks a bit intimidating at first, but once you get to know the interface you realize its quite simple, just a little different. Then upgrade to Photoshop. Paint.net is for editing Photos, not makeing sigs.

On topic, that actually is pretty cool. Not much done to anything but the Hud and the added logo but it does indeed look cool.
Thats what Paint.net's primary function is editing/spiceing up photos, not createing graphics.

Haha! You just made me spill LOL all over myself.

Paint.NET is amazing. I'm supposed to use GIMP for school, but I absolutely can not stand it!

Everything I make is with Paint.NET and Corel Photo Paint. Every single sig I make is Paint.NET. Photo editing is only a part of what Paint.NET can do. I just don't understand what makes GIMP so appealing. It takes 20 mins in GIMP to do something that would take 5 seconds in Paint.NEt. Plus GIMP's tutorials on their website are horrible.

--
Anyway, back to the point of this thread:

Great job Jamez, I really like it. I think something like that would be cool as a disco advertisement or something. Nice work.:)

My Paint.NET addiction - DeathsOverture - 10-18-2009

I think it's a great promo image for Freelancer mods in general. :)

Good work, Jei.

My Paint.NET addiction - Magoo! - 10-19-2009

Soar Wrote:Ask Magoo! about that. I'm sure he'll tell you otherwise.
Was I just referred? Ooh! *claps excitedly* Anywho, he speaks truth. I create completely new things out of a hundred and one different components. It can be weighty at times, like, say, cutting things (CURSES!), but its a perfectly capable program which is not limited to editing and/or spicing. Exhibit A:

[Image: morpheuspng.png]
One of my spiffier products. Which, having used Photoshop in school now, seems lacking... Oh well, I rest assured in the knowledge that it was my third or fourth product... I think.