Discovery Gaming Community
cant see server discovery 24/7 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: cant see server discovery 24/7 (/showthread.php?tid=28600)

cant see server discovery 24/7 - nightsfire - 10-22-2009

the server went down for work and now i cant see it i have a friend that can see it but i cant.

cant see server discovery 24/7 - Zork - 10-22-2009

has you been banned?

do you tried to use the direct IP tool?

do you tried to join via xfire?

maybe you can use GLS Workaround
its aviable as a additional mod (dont know if allowed) and a bunch of files you need to add in your freelancer folder

cant see server discovery 24/7 - johnpeter - 10-25-2009

Global workaround is not allowed, since Discovery functions as a Global workaround, and Global Workaround skews discovery up.

cant see server discovery 24/7 - TheMillers - 10-25-2009

' Wrote:Global workaround is not allowed, since Discovery functions as a Global workaround, and Global Workaround skews discovery up.
Hogwash I say.. Pure hogwash.

Discovery does NOT function as a global server workaround. Discovery just includes IP adresses of the known servers running the Discovery mod (at the time of the mod version release) in the dsupdate.cfg file, and by the magic of Cannon passes those IP adresses to the Freelancer.exe as if they had been specified on the command line with the -s parameter.

I have the global server enabled by manually editing the freelancer.ini file, and there is no, zero, zilch, nada problems with the Discovery mod by having the global server available.

The threadstarters problem in not being able to see the server, sounds more like a firewalling issue, either on the local firewall on his pc, or on the router serving his network.

EDIT: I just noticed the date on the threadstarters initial post. That was the day when there were problems with some of the Router entrypoints to the Czech republic. Some people could see the server, some couldn't. Those who couldn't had ISP's using a specific entry point into the Czech republic net. That issue was resolved the following day, when the router was reset/exchanged.

cant see server discovery 24/7 - Cannon - 10-25-2009

Both JohnPeter & TheMillers are correct.

The commonly available global workaround flmod installer - the thing most people use - overwrites the dacom.ini and thus breaks the mod. As such as my statement/advice is for people not to us the global workaround.

If you know what you are doing and can edit the dacom.ini to add the global workaround dll then the workaround is completely compatible.

Note there are two global workaround flmod installers: the second overwrites the Freelancer.ini. This is completely compatible with the mod as we don't really care what's in the Freelancer.ini.

cant see server discovery 24/7 - TheMillers - 10-25-2009

' Wrote:Both JohnPeter & TheMillers are correct.

The commonly available global workaround flmod installer - the thing most people use - overwrites the dacom.ini and thus breaks the mod. As such as my statement/advice is for people not to us the global workaround.

If you know what you are doing and can edit the dacom.ini to add the global workaround dll then the workaround is completely compatible.

Note there are two global workaround flmod installers: the second overwrites the Freelancer.ini. This is completely compatible with the mod as we don't really care what's in the Freelancer.ini.
Why on earth did the mod author of that mod select to overwrite dacom.ini ? It has nothing to do with the selection of the global listserver, but is purely configuration options for the game engine.

The only thing needed to enable the global listserver, is to specify it under the [listserver] section in freelancer.ini
I.E. just add
Code:
hostname = gun.fllistserver.com                  ;GUN server provided by www.fllistserver.com
to that section, and the alternative listserver will be used.