Discovery Gaming Community
Weapons Groups - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Weapons Groups (/showthread.php?tid=2890)

Pages: 1 2

Weapons Groups - Denelo - 05-18-2007

Alright, I'm probably about to feel very stupid for missing something that staring me right in the face, but here it goes:

I've been trying to get the weapons group to work. I assigned the keys to activate them as num pad 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. I made assigning them the same, only using ctrl-numpad number instead. But the problem is, they won't get assigned. Ive tried about 5 different ways to assign them, but then they don't activate when I press the key to activate them.

So, like I said before, I'm probably going to feel and seem like an idiot, but could anyone tell me how?

Weapons Groups - DBoy1612 - 05-18-2007

Well first. Weapon groups are very glitchy. Most of the time they don't work.

Try instead of using Fire Weapon Group, use 2 keys to turn weapon groups on and off.

Fire Weapons group does work. (I just don't remember how to do it exactly)

Try setting Weapon Group 1 to have all your normal guns on. (Don't bother setting the Fire Weapon)

Then weapon group 2 to the only guns you want, and set the fire weapon key. See what happens.

' Wrote:Well first. Weapon groups are very glitchy. Most of the time they don't work.

Try instead of using Fire Weapon Group, use 2 keys to turn weapon groups on and off.

Fire Weapons group does work. (I just don't remember how to do it exactly)

Try setting Weapon Group 1 to have all your normal guns on. (Don't bother setting the Fire Weapon)

Then weapon group 2 to the only guns you want, and set the fire weapon key. See what happens.

Alright, thanks, I'll try that. And I AM using the on/off keys instead of the fire keys. I didn't even know you could assign fire keys.. shows how much I know.

Weapons Groups - Nightfall - 05-18-2007

1. Activate the desired weapon group
2. Select the desired active weapons
3. Switch to another group
4. Switch to the group you configured to check if it's right
5. you're done

Weapons Groups - Fellow Hoodlum - 05-18-2007

Denelo, I had a mare with weapons groups for ages, just had it explained to me what I was doing wrong
most of the time. Though it took being in voice contact to get it right.
All I can say is now I use a five button mouse to use those groups efficiently. Night's explanation of setting
up looks about as simple as you can get.

Hoodlum

' Wrote:1. Activate the desired weapon group
2. Select the desired active weapons
3. Switch to another group
4. Switch to the group you configured to check if it's right
5. you're done

Thanks Nightfall, that worked perfectly.

Weapons Groups - Dab - 05-21-2007

Well first.. DBoy is wrong.

Nightfall is right.

And... USE THE SEARCH BUTTON. I made a freaking tutorial for weapon groups.:dry:

And make that sig smaller.. It takes up my entire screen till I scroll past.

Weapons Groups - DBoy1612 - 05-21-2007

' Wrote:Well first.. DBoy is wrong.

Nightfall is right.

And... USE THE SEARCH BUTTON. I made a freaking tutorial for weapon groups.:dry:

It worked for me:D

Weapons Groups - Denelo - 05-21-2007

' Wrote:Well first.. DBoy is wrong.

Nightfall is right.

1. Yes, I know Nightfall's right

2. I did, didn't see a thing, mabye you need to post to refresh that topic or something

3. you talking to me or Dboy? If to DBoy, I agree. If to me, it'll be halved soon.

Weapons Groups - Qunitinius~Verginix - 05-21-2007

Be warned Denelo, I have noticed that when you die, sometimes your weapon groups get re-set, or whatever one you were in gets deleted at the time you die.

Verginix Out