Discovery Gaming Community
Freeport 18 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Forum: Sirius News and Commerce (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+---- Thread: Freeport 18 (/showthread.php?tid=29032)

Pages: 1 2

Freeport 18 - Pinko - 10-30-2009

FREEPORT 18

Class: Jinkusu
Gravity: Complete
Docking: Restricted
Amenities: Yes
Population: 50

Ships to sale
-None-

Buys Commodity
-To be Determined-

Sells Commodity
-To be Determined-

Equipment to Sell

Nanobots (200 credits each)
Nanobats (200 credits each)
-More to be added over time, possibly-

The Juggernaut class ''Jinkusu'' vessel was first designed as a Mobile Freeport that is a safe Heaven to Zoners that inhabits it with an extremely thick hull and gerenrous number of weapons. Now that the Zoners have settled everywhere in Sirius, some of them decided to mobilize one of these beasts to serve the population of Sirius. Contrarily to Freeports, the Jinkusu has a limited storage system and cannot efficiently serve as a trade outpost. Although, Freeport 18 is still able to distribute basic goods such as Food and Goods and to hand out Nanobots and Nanobats to pilot that needs them.

Even though it is possible for it to be mobile, Freeport 18 would rather buy commodities off from Freelancer and Independent traders to re-supply, rather than returning to another Freeport to do such. A No Fire Zone is also enforced nearby Freeport 18, although it will not be managed by the Zoner Council.

((Feedback thread: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=51266))

Freeport 18 - Tovig - 10-30-2009

Where it will be based ?

Freeport 18 - Pinko - 10-30-2009

' Wrote:Where it will be based ?

Where Freeport 7 was, most likely. Sigmas lack Freeports.

Freeport 18 - darthbeck - 10-30-2009

Most excellent. I'll be sure to contact you about possible supply deals...
-Nathen

Freeport 18 - Kazinsal - 10-30-2009

==INCOMING TRANSMISSION==
TO: Freeport 18

*she blinks twice*

This is a message to the new commander of the mobile Zoner base Freeport Eighteen. My name is Selaeda Goldsmith. I am an independent trader working in whatever legal business I can get my hands on. I am interested in making supply runs to the new Freeport, with a profit, of course. If you are interested, commander, I would appreciate it if you contacted me over a secure channel (//forum PM//) for more information. Thank you for your time.

==END TRANSMISSION==

Freeport 18 - Doc Holliday - 10-30-2009

*incoming transmission*
Comm ID: [TAZ]Doc Holliday
To: Freeport 18

As a Zoner, I certainly appreciate what you are trying to do. I'm fairly certain that many of my kind, present company included, can provide you with what you may need.
I keep an assortment of Gallic wine aboard my shuttle. If I know you are about, I'll deliver some to you. In the future, my transport can bring some supplies as needed. I pass through that way often.

If I can be of help, never be afraid to ask.

Dr. John Henry Holliday

Freeport 18 - Pinko - 10-31-2009

OMICRON-74

Commander Sebastien LaHoue reached Lividia Shipyard today aboard a small shuttle. After having a brief conversation with his new crew, he took command of the Freeport 18 and slowly but surely managed to undock it from Lividia shipyard. A new generation of Freeports was born.

We had the time earlier to interview Commander LaHoue as he just reached Livida:

Reporter ®: It's a pleasure to meet you, Commander LaHoue.
LaHoue (LH): As it is for me! (Notice the grin on his face and the hope sparkling in his eyes)

R: What does Freeport 18 represent to you?
LH: A new era for the Freeports. Freeports that are a lot more interactive with the rest of Sirius, and who are very dependent from their traders in general. Also, it is also a way to affirm our presence over all of Sirius. The Zoners were somewhat afraid of the combined presence Das Wildes and Aoi Iseijin in the Sigmas, as well as never forgiving the loss of Freeport 7 to the Nomads, but someone had to do the the move.

R: What do you plan on doing with Freeport 18?
LH: Profits *laughs*. We also want to make Freeport visits more... costumised according to the costumer's demands.

R: Are you afraid of Nomad presence in the Sigmas?
LH: I don't see why I would be. Freeport 9 is a jump away from us, the GMG is at 1 jump away from us, and we know what our mistakes were. Even though we'll let everyone approach the Freeport 18, we'll take our precautions and investigate all pilots flying nearby. But, we shouldn't refuse any costumers, since Freeports are against discrimination.

R: You talked about a No Fire Zone nearby the Freeport 18?
LH: Indeed, but we're still discussing with the Council of Zoners. I have yet demanded an official request for it, but we have some ongoing talks. In the mean time, Freeport 18 will not tolerate any fights nearby, and will take care of troublemakers. Be aware that we cannot save you from a fight or piracy, although.

R: Do you have any set prices for your commodities?
LH: None yet, we're still trying to determinate what are the main trade routes of the sectors. We will although possibly make an official announcement in the diplomatic channels, contacting all Sirians concerned. We will most unlikely be interested in buying Cardamine and Artefacts, although, to keep a neutrality.

R: How may our viewers contact you?
LH: From here, they may leave suggestions about how the Freeport 18 should operate.

R: This is all the time we had, Commander LaHoue. We wish you good luck in your adventure!
LH: Thank you very much.

We now leave you with this image of the Freeport 18 on it's way out of Omicron-74 after a final checkpoint.

Freeport 18 - SigCorps - 10-31-2009

**Incoming Transmission**
CommID: Samuel Nichols, CEO Omicron Supply Industries
To: Freeport 18

If OSI can be of any assistance to our new neighbor please let us know. We bring in a wide range of items from all over Sirius for our stations in the Omicrons. Being located in Sigma-17 we can easily work you into our runs.

Sam Nichols
CEO - OSI

Freeport 18 - DeathsOverture - 10-31-2009

-Incoming Transmission-
Source: August Redburn
Destination: Freeport 18 Supply Dock

Greetings Zoners,

I am the Captain of the "Vanity," a Firefly-class transport. operating in the edge worlds. We will be paying attention to the supply dock prices in this channel. While a corporation such as OSI or the Trade Consortium would be prime suppliers for easily obtained commodities, the "Vanity" may be able to supply you with supplies that are more "difficult" to procure. Contact me on a secure channel if you are interested.

Sincerely,
August Redburn
-End Transmission-

Freeport 18 - Panzer - 10-31-2009

*Static*

..H, great... more Z[static].. rs. As if thery weren't alr[Static]... as common as cockroaches. Buncha holy cows...

*Static*