Discovery Gaming Community
Hiraga Freighting Company - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Hiraga Freighting Company (/showthread.php?tid=29238)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Hiraga Freighting Company - jdftheman - 11-02-2009

Hiraga Freighting Company

Introduction:

Greetings, my name is Shinta Hiraga, founder and CEO of the Hiraga Freighting Company, though CEO is a very big word, as Hiraga still is a new player on the Kusari transportation market.

Let me tell you a bit about myself, and how my company came to be. I live on planet Junyo, together with my wife and kids. My wife and I both worked in the fishing industries of the planet, much like our grandparents did before us, and their grandparents before them. Though the hours were long, the pay was more than enough to provide our family with all we needed. We could pay all our bills, we have a home and our children could go to school, what more can a man want.

Unfortunately, the good times could not continue. When the Liberty Company Synthetic Foods started to gain more and more influence on the food markets of Kusari, the price of food started to drop. As a result, me and my colleagues had to work even longer and harder in order to earn the same amount of money we used to, in order to maintain our families. It wasnt for long till I started realized that our situation wasnt going to improve just on its own, and I was getting desperate to find a solution. I had to do something to help out my family, or our lives could take a turn for the worst.

One day, me and my friends were talking, trying to find a solution to our problems, when we were approached by a man who introduced himself as a member of the Farmers Alliance, an organization that lobbies for the restrictions on the sale of foreign foods in Kusari and many other things.

Many of my friends were persuaded in joining this Farmers Alliance, tempted by the offer of a quick and easy solution, but not me. I was, and still am, a law abiding citizen, a man that loves his nation and its people. Not to mention that I had always thought my children to never break the law, so I couldnt just throw away my principles just because things were getting rough. So I used the money I had been saving to buy myself a Drone Freighter. I took some lessons with a local flying school, and soon after, I had my flight license, and the proper papers to start my new live as a freighter pilot.

At first, live as a freelance freighter pilot was hard, especially if you dont have much knowledge of space freighting. But even with the hardships I endured, and slowly but certainly, I started to make more and more money, till I got to a point where I was making more money than both me and my wife made when we were still working in the Fishing Industry.

Thats where I stand today, I am making all the money I need to provide my family with what they need. But I havent forgotten the fate of many others, who were less fortunate than me. So I decided to take my chances and start up the Hiraga Freighting Company. With my company founded, all I need now are people who are willing to fly for me, so that together we can improve not only our own lives, but also the lives of everyone around us.

Diplomacy

Allies
None

Friendly
We threat these people with respect and honour

KNF
KSP
Samura Heavy Industries
Kishiro Technologies

Neutral
We leave these people alone, and they will do the same for us, though it isnt forbidden to act friendly to them.

Rheinland companies and law enforcement
Liberty companies and law enforcement
Zoners
GMG
IMG

Unfriendly
Dont expect any hospitality from these people, try to stay clear of them if you can.

Bretonia companies and law enforcement
All criminal organizations

Ranks
Initiate:
These people just started working in our small company, and might not be familiar with the whole Kusari region of space. If you encounter them in space, make sure to help them as good as you can.

Employee:
These people have been working long enough with our company to know their way around. Though they might still need some help with certain things, we expect them to be able to operate fairly independent from others.

Supervisor:
Having been quite a long time with the company, these people know what is expected of them, they can operate without help, and should be more than capable of helping out lower ranking members of the company with any problems they might encounter. They are also obligated to make sure that Initiates and Employees follow the company rules.

Senior Supervisor:
The more experienced Supervisors are promoted to Senior Supervisors. They have the same obligations as normal Supervisors, but they also have the right to seat in the board of directors, thus they have a direct impact on how the company is run.

CEO:
The man in charge, he is the figurehead and spokesman of the company. Its his duty to ensure that everything runs smoothly and that problems are dealt with quickly.

ZOI
For now, we only operate within the following systems.
Hokkaido
Honshu
Kyushu
New Tokyo
Shikoku
Tau 29

Members can only leave this zone when given permission by the CEO and ONLY the CEO.

Our main base from where we operate is planet Junyo in Shikoku, thats where we own a small workshop where maintenance can be performed to you ships should you need it.

Ships
Like said before, Hiraga Freighting Company is still in its infancy, thus we are unable to provide and maintain big ships, for now atleast. As a result, only the following ship is used by our company:

Drone - J20P - 21F Kusari Freighter

A joint venture between Kishiro and Samura, this freighter is considered the best what Kusari shipbuilders have to offer.

Its available to all members of Hirage Freighting Company.
Anki - Renzu Corp Civilian Freighter
It is with great delight that I can say that after talks with Renzo Corp, we can now add the Anki freighter to our ever growing fleet of freighters.

Equipment
All members must have the following installed on their ships.:
No IFF
civilian ID

Any further equipment that is allowed is:
All countermeasures
All mines
All missiles
Kusari civilian guns
Standard civilian guns

Goals and duties

Our main goal is to provide us with a steady income so that we and our families can live comfortable lives without too many short comings.

Our second goal is to aid in the growth of the Kusari nation, so that the lives of all who live within it can improve for the better.

All members of the Hiraga Freighting Company are obligated to follow the rules and laws that are in effect within Kusari. If a member is found breaking the Kusari law, he will be expelled from our company.

Also, all members should be polite and friendly to anyone they encounter, no matter how much you hate them, as long as they dont show any hostilities towards you. Dont forget you are representing our company, and the last thing we want is to make enemies.

//ooRP matters
Ok, now for the ooRP matters,
naming should be done like this: [HFC]name[rank]. ranks are:
Initiate: [l] (this is an I, but otherwise italic will kick in)
Employee: [E]
Supervisor: [$](this has to be an S, but you know strike through)
Senior Supervisor: [SeS]
Example: [HFC]Shinta.Hiraga[CEO]

Before you start yelling, OMG a faction like that will never get anywhere, let me explain what my goal is, and why I decided to start this.
1) Freighters are highly underused, while they are great little ships to fly.
2) Kusari could use some more activity, I mean they have some of the most beautiful systems in the whole of freelancer, yet activity seems very low
3) I want to prove that you can still have fun and make money when sticking to one house and small ships
4) I want to try and build up a faction from scratch, in this case a trading faction, without having any sort of cannon RP to follow. And building up means you have to start small. Maybe we can one day start using bigger ships and such, but we will see where we get now.

Ooo, and feedback can be given here: Feedback page.
//

Hiraga Freighting Company - Belco - 11-02-2009

an question

how are you going to handle the political climate in kusari? specificaly the divide between samura and kisirho? every faction in kusari space is kinda aligned one way or the other.

also, you'll find that the farmers alliance and hogosha are not criminals in kusari, they hold a quasi legal status, so you'll have to work out your diplomacy for them.

Hiraga Freighting Company - jdftheman - 11-02-2009

Well, I can't answer your question just yet. Why, because i don't know myself. Note that in RP, this is a company that just started, it isn't based on an NPC faction, it has no history other than what i wrote above.

Unlike most factions we have here on GC, I don't want to make all decisions before anything happened online. I can't say where the faction stands between Samura and Kishiro as it hasn't found itself in a position where it can make up its mind.

Also, concerning the Farmers alliance and the hogosha, I can't really say how we stand towards them, as we haven't had any conflict with them.

The whole point of me making the HFC is to see how feasible to run a faction without set RP, without cannon so to speak, other than what is written above. Its a new starting company that is trying to climb up the ladder. Unlike its competition it just doesn't have the funding and connections needed to become great. All of that will have to come in time. With both forum and server RP. If this eventually leads to a total failure and this faction doesn't survive the test of time, than it would still be an RP success in my eyes, as the course it took completely followed its own flow sort of speak.

I don't know if I am making much sense, but its hard for me to explain in English since it isn't my native language, so please bear with me, and feel free to ask any more questions feel free to ask.

Hiraga Freighting Company - Belco - 11-02-2009

well, you'll probably want to put hogosha to neutral, they're practically kusari's police force and as long as you're all kusarian and stick with the emperor you wont have a problem with them.
learn the term gajin, it's fun to throw around:P

yeah, as for the rest of kusari politics, i'll try sum it up super briefly.
kishiro and samura are vying for dominance, samura currently has political power while kishiro develops better technology.
KNF fight wars, and fight GC and blood dragons, they keep kishiro and samura from fighting eachother
Hogosha are a quasi-legal samura backed force, they keep the peace in kusari and can be hostile to outsiders.
KSP are like the lawful hogosha, they're still fairly samura backed.
FA are quasi-legal as well, they pirate but they're samura backed which makes them legit.
Blood dragons want to take down the emperor and his samura backed government, kishiro might help them, GMG do.
GC are all about womans rights, samura government doesnt want to empower women.

then you have GMG, they're not really part of kusari, so you'll have to handle them differently and know where kusari space ends and GMG space begins but it looks like you've got that down in your ZOI.

so i think it's cool that you're kinda starting from scratch, but everything doesnt work so harmoniously in kusari so at one point you'll have to choose sides, i'd be really interested where that takes you.

Hiraga Freighting Company - farmerman - 11-03-2009

As a thought on the Samura v Kishiro situation, by making yourself as a Junyo-based company, you're putting yourself firmly on the Samura side (being it's a Samura planet and all).

Hiraga Freighting Company - jdftheman - 11-03-2009

' Wrote:so i think it's cool that you're kinda starting from scratch, but everything doesnt work so harmoniously in kusari so at one point you'll have to choose sides, i'd be really interested where that takes you.

It's just this inharmonious thing that made me decide to start this as a kusari company. I looked into every house and its political situation to try and find the most interesting to start out.

Right now, I'm going to keep the faction neutral in the kishiro/samura "conflict" for as long as possible, I would first want to gain some more members since I'm the only one currently flying under the [HFC] tag. It is stupid to start diplomacy at this point, as i think that neither kishiro nor samura has any interest in a small time freighting company. However should we start to grow, i really hope we can have some RP discussions about what alignment HFC will have.

Quote: As a thought on the Samura v Kishiro situation, by making yourself as a Junyo-based company, you're putting yourself firmly on the Samura side (being it's a Samura planet and all).

thanks for the advice on that part, I'll look into it when we get there.

Hiraga Freighting Company - Dab - 11-03-2009

I think you'll have a much better chance of succeeding if you allow transports and out-of-house trading.. I know this sounds a lot like Samura/Kishiro, but I know people have a hard enough time not getting bored while trading, and that's when they are in transports that make a lot of money... It becomes significantly more difficult when you're flying a ship that can be killed by anything and doesn't make much money.. And it's worse when you're confined to a single house.

Hiraga Freighting Company - casero - 11-03-2009

It's KSP not KFP.;)Kusari State Police.

I like it so far, and I like that your Ingame actions will lead your Diplomacy.

Good luck!

Hiraga Freighting Company - jdftheman - 11-04-2009

' Wrote:I think you'll have a much better chance of succeeding if you allow transports and out-of-house trading.. I know this sounds a lot like Samura/Kishiro, but I know people have a hard enough time not getting bored while trading, and that's when they are in transports that make a lot of money... It becomes significantly more difficult when you're flying a ship that can be killed by anything and doesn't make much money.. And it's worse when you're confined to a single house.

ok, where do I start. First off all, transports and out of house trading will eventually become a reality, however not just yet. Remember that inRP, this company is just starting up, with no additional starting funds other than the live savings from its founder, and the profit he made flying his little freighter.

Ok, i could change it all, and allow bigger ships from the start, and maybe I will should it really look like there isn't anyone who wants to become part of this. However that would ruin one of the main reasons of wanting to start out like this. Right now, all trading factions on this server start out with allowing big transports and with a history they made up, not through RP, just because it looked good probably. I think this is simply a waste of good RP opportunities. Right now, HFC doesn't need to chose its alignment to either Kishiro or Samura. Why, simple, because what do big companies like them care about a small time freighter flying company. Not much i think. However this will change if it starts to grow to a point where we would start using the bigger ships. Also, I think its almost impossible to not have a worked out diplomacy if you RP a company that already exists for some time, which you would expect from a company using big ships.

Now about the thing trading is boring, or trader RP is boring. One question comes to mind than, with me that is. How do you RP a trader? You just get the biggest ship you can afford, make sure its inRP and then go from a to b, only to RP when spoken to by police or pirates? If thats how you do it, i can believe that it gets boring.

I do it a bit differently, namely when I encounter someone, I first greet him, to see if he is willing to talk. Then when he responds, I ask him simple questions, to get a conversation going, like: "How's business today?" or "What planet were you born on?" and stuff like that. If I notice he is going the same direction I am, I simply ask if he wants to fly together,...

All these are small things, but it can be really enjoyable. In one instance me and some freelancer had been discussing the kusari/bretonia war for half an hour in private chat. Or I have had a conversation with a kishiro member about how to optimize your sensor's efficiency and more stuff like that. You would be surprised how much fun and sometimes bizarre conversations you can have as a trader, when all you started from was a simple greeting.

Instead, on this server (and other servers as well), most traders just seem to be asocial people who have no interest in things other than money.

Talking about money, I'll be honest, I don't earn much, 2mill, maybe 3 if i stick to the high profit things only, which i don't really do. I just take a look at a commodity, see where i can get a profit from it, then take it there and start all over. But hey, its enough to keep my ship running, and I get some really great RP conversations for it, so I won't complain.

Then, and this will be the end of my huge wall of text, the ship. Have you flown a freighter Dab, in this mod? Cause if you do, you probably didn't have a drone. I love the little bugger, there isn't any NPC in kusari that can take me down in it, a 20k shield, combined with 7 class 5 weapons that can fire non-stop mean that I don't have much problems fighting of NPC's that attack me. Against players, it would probably suck, that much is true, but hey not every RP needs to end with PEWPEW KABOOM, even though its one of the most common ways to end it.

@casero: thanks for pointing that out, I fixed it.

EDIT: I made some changes to the main post, for now we will be flying without IFF and with a civilian ID

Hiraga Freighting Company - pieguy259 - 11-04-2009

Perhaps you might also want to consider adding the Renzu Corporation "Anki" Freighter to your list? It's considered Civilian but has Kusari overtones.