Discovery Gaming Community
HI i want to connect :'( - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: HI i want to connect :'( (/showthread.php?tid=2961)

Pages: 1 2

HI i want to connect :'( - bresch90 - 05-27-2007

Hi everybody:)i have some problems connecting to the servers...

ive downloaded all the data and so on, everything is ok, made a copy of everything on to my bros comp and everything works...
my problem is when i logg on to multiplayer i get a list of servers, but the ping is ???? on most of the server and if i try to connect to a server it says it may have gone offline..

ive tried to open ports 2300-2400 on windows firewall and disabled norton internet security (atleast i think i did..)

i manage to start a internet server with this comp ^o) so i dont se what the problem is...if anyone can help i would realy apricate it.. thx

HI i want to connect :'( - Nightfall - 05-27-2007

Open the Freelancer shortcut,
[Image: freelancer-shortcut.jpg]
add the two -s statements to the target field - note, don't delete anything, just add, look at the picture.

Start Freelancer, Multiplayer, LAN you should have the two Discovery official servers in the list.

HI i want to connect :'( - bresch90 - 05-27-2007

no succes:(i get the server list, ping, everything..but when i try to connect it just says ''i'm sorry blablabla''

dont think its the freelancer..running vista though..anyone else had this prob?

HI i want to connect :'( - BestFlyerHere - 05-30-2007

It is Vista. What kind of anti-virus do you have? FL can't connect if you have Norton. McAfee, Avast, or anything similar. I'll tell you how to fix it.

HI i want to connect :'( - bresch90 - 05-31-2007

' Wrote:It is Vista. What kind of anti-virus do you have? FL can't connect if you have Norton. McAfee, Avast, or anything similar. I'll tell you how to fix it.

have norton -.- ive tried everything i can get my fingers on with that f prog >_< maybe u can help me :unsure:

HI i want to connect :'( - Eppy - 05-31-2007

Death to Vista, Norton, NetNanny, and anything that interferes with our connection. Get XP again, before it's too late.:wacko:

HI i want to connect :'( - BestFlyerHere - 06-01-2007

It'll work with Vista, but you cannot connect to Discovery with Norton. You need to either get rid of Norton or go back to XP.

I had to do it too, mate, I know it's hard...

HI i want to connect :'( - crow - 06-01-2007

' Wrote:It is Vista. What kind of anti-virus do you have? FL can't connect if you have Norton. McAfee, Avast, or anything similar. I'll tell you how to fix it.

I use XP and McAfee 2007 and it runs fine.... it must something to do with your hardware setup

HI i want to connect :'( - TheMaskedOne - 06-01-2007

If anyone can come up with an Antivirus that can beat Avast...Ill eat my hat.

If you have Xfire try to connect through that.

Set a filter at the server select screen.

Disable any virus program and keep your windows firewall active

Reset your router...Clean any old cookies temp files (disk cleanup) also clean all that stuff in your browser ie browsing history.

clean Lan connectors to make sure the connection is a solid one.

If you use any optimisers...restore the deafult. and leave it that way or re-optimise it.

I suggest leaveing it just for haha's if you have one...you might find it works.

if all else fails call your ISP.

Cheers.

HI i want to connect :'( - BestFlyerHere - 06-01-2007

Chicken, with Vista, you have to turn off your anti-virus when you play FL, unless it's a really crappy one like AVG.:)