Discovery Gaming Community
Dead eh? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Dead eh? (/showthread.php?tid=2965)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Dead eh? - Koolmo - 05-28-2007

I have an Important Question!(s) If you dock, are you dead? If you are dead, can you still run around the system? If you're running around the system, shouldn't you not be, AS YOU'RE DEAD?

I ask this with reference to supernova, who has several times either allowed himslef to be killed, or declared himself dead after docking, in order to carry on with his buisness in whatever system the combat happened.

WTF????

If I kill someone, or if someone kills me, I expect them/me to SWITCH TO ANOTHER CHAR, or LEAVE THE SYSTEM IMMEDIATELY. I DON'T expect them to stay in the system, or go get a new ship, or whatever it was they feel like doing, without ANY consequence for having died?

Can this be made a rule, that:

A) A Player is not dead unless their ship is actually blown up, and;
B) That once dead, they shall switch to another character.

This kinda stuff really bugs me, as its an RP cop-out within the server rules, in that some twit can simply let themselves get killed, and then go and do whatever they please.

Comments, PLEASE!

Dead eh? - Qunitinius~Verginix - 05-28-2007

Acctually, I quite agree with you. This does seam like a cop out. I did something like this the otehr day when the IND killed me and then I found a different IND character 10 min later and killed him. I felt kidna afterwards like. Hmmmm should that REALLY have happened? I would suggest making a rule about this.

Verginix Out

Dead eh? - Craines - 05-28-2007

Technically, once the ship gets blowned [sic] up, the pilot would be dead: ergo, we should delete the character and be on our way.

That ain't gonna happen.

I don't know what to suggest, however. Perhaps certain areas can be the "If you get blown up, get the f**k outta here" zones, and certain ones are "if you get blown up, you are 'revived' here' zones.

Just a suggestion, lad.

Harley

Dead eh? - Dab - 05-28-2007

Basically, you die, you leave the system, unless your faction owns the system, in which case, you simply shouldn't be undocking until the first battle is over.

If your going to stay dead, stay dead. If you are going to attack after you die and battle is over, do so. Using the guise of being dead doesn't allow one to do whatever. Such as, GoR kills someone, then that person says; Okay I'm dead, gonna go kill som Outcast NPCs now. They can't do that. GoR defeated them, GoR can decide what the person can do in the system. Either they should do what GoR tells them, or should leave.

Isn't Supernova long overdue for a perma-ban anyway?

Dead eh? - Axe - 05-28-2007

This does need to be sorted.

I see a Helghast in my area, I should engage. Then the Helghast docks and declares in system chat "Dock in combat = Death" "I am dead, so leave me alone". Now, this is with RP rules. However, there is no RP whatso ever in that. He then proceeds to take missions from the base where he supposedly 'died'.

I believe that once you die, you either log out if you have nothing to do on the character, or you converse with your attacker via PM, and leave the system to do your own thing - UNLESS the victim is a part of the faction that control the area.

Also, I don't think people have the right to tell everyone that they kill the rules about engaging one another, until someone breaks a rule. It can be annoying and disrupt RP, expecially when coming from a known rule breaker. Quote the rules to yourself every once in a damn while will you?

Dead eh? - Fellow Hoodlum - 05-28-2007

Make it concern PvPing as well, dead is dead, unless you take it to Connecticut ... Fed up with seeing death
message after death message in system.
It is the roleplay server after all, and we all have the opportunity to go and use the PvP one, if killing is all
we wan't to do ...

Hoodlum

Dead eh? - gezza999 - 05-28-2007

Eh, if its a big battle, I used to go back to watch.. guess that's a big nono, I'll stay out of the way of the battle, just sit and watch. I'll be staying on the character if I want, just that it wont be in the same system. I'm not sure about the "revive" zone things, sounds a bit unusual.

And yes, I've personally been wondering why his ban has been withheld, he's had his 3strikes, this should mean that he is banned, but the admins gave him another chance, so he should be an ANGEL, and if he isn't, the admins ban him.. I thought that was what they agreed on..?

Meh, whatever..

Dead eh? - Dog-Soldier - 05-28-2007

Oh boy a request for another rule.....why can't people be more mature about this. If you die in a fight or running to dock or whatever you might not be able to leave the system straight away as your re-spawn might still be in the system. Another point is some players don't have dozens of characters to come back on as either. Rather than seek solice in another rule why not just agree each case on its own merits with recourse to admin if you just can't agree?

For example; A kills B but B still respawns in system. Neither want to fight again so B agrees to leave system by shortest route out. Both play on happily.

I know ppl can get excited when they die (heck I know I do) but rules aren't always the answer...theres already more than enough to remember as it is....another example my fighter got killed by a gunboat last night and the gunboat said I had 2 more lives to attack him with. (I thought this rule was only for massed battles not a swift PvP - but anyway). As it was I said no thanks 1 death was enough for me in my underarmed ship and he left the system the victor. I respawned and went about my bussiness, no axe to grind there and both happy...well as happy as you can be dying lool. Does this strike any chords with other ppl or am I just rambling here?

Dead eh? - McNeo - 05-28-2007

Also what happens to traders who refuse to give you money, you kill them, then they respawn and continue trading saying "im dead you cant attack me!". Am i allowed to keep killing them if they continue trading?

Reason im saying is because a few traders do that to me and im just wondering...

Dead eh? - Fellow Hoodlum - 05-28-2007

We don't need another rule, just the use of a little common sense ... Though the return of the one death
situation would remove the temptation for those a touch less inclined to roleplay ...
Those here just to PvP their hearts out with no consideration for the others wanting to get involved, would
have to use a bit more intelligence then.
It comes down to respect for everyone else, something lacking in a few quarters ...

Hoodlum