Discovery Gaming Community
COD:MWF2 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: COD:MWF2 (/showthread.php?tid=29850)

Pages: 1 2 3

COD:MWF2 - sean24 - 11-16-2009

Theres alot of hype about the latest Call of Duty at the moment. All my friends have got it and say its mint. One even brought it to school to show of the cover :D

Anyway- most of them only heard about the game a week before release. Ive had bookmarks on it months and months ago, ive waited soo long but guess what? *ahem*...*clears throught* aparently there is some feedback about how violent it is in the local paper (wat the hell :mellow:) that my dad saw. And now, they are considering not getting me the game for Cristmas.

Isn't there this one lvl you can skip, where you kill civilians and stuff. I know that can be offensive to alot of people who have memorys of 911 and other terrorist attacks. Right now im trying to convince them to buy it.

Im 14. I have never been offended by violent games or movies.

So tell me Discovery Freelancer (ha! Take that DDos hacker!!), is it violent, or too violent for someone like me? Is that the only violent lvl, that airport one? Tell me something I can relay to my parents to convince them its algud. :)

"shooting people" doesn't really count as violent. (the state of todays world *shakes head in dismay* :sleep:)

COD:MWF2 - ivr56 - 11-16-2009

Did we really need another topic on MW2?
We have 3 to 4 already >.>

COD:MWF2 - Sprolf - 11-16-2009

You shoot people in the game, right?

And there's your answer.

COD:MWF2 - Bass_masta992 - 11-16-2009

Quote:Isn't there this one lvl you can skip, where you kill civilians and stuff.

That was the one thing I found to be an unethical and propaganda factor from the game. My personal opinion is that it could have been done without, at least involve the plot as 'witnessing' it instead of taking a gun and participating in it yourself. The only reason I say this is because of it's harmful value especially considering today's world where Terrorism fears and war has been fueling American media for the past few years. As far as other violence in the game it certainly doesn't own up to other games, those of which have a LOT more gore and gruesome actions in it.

Other than that, I really see no new cause to call this too violent, it's certainly nothing different than the past 2 games, just no zombies.

COD:MWF2 - Montezuma/Kukulcan - 11-16-2009

No, you dont have to shoot anyone untill the Russian Riot Police show up, Makarov and his gang do most of the killing. Plus, it does give you the option to skip it at the start of the campaign.

As for the general idea, i have no problem with it, but i see how some might, baisically, IMO, if you are not bothered by any other bits of killing, there is not much chance the airport mission will bother you.

BTW, MW2 is actually not a bad game, dont believe any of the people saying its just a load of crap, its rather good fun, especially the spec ops missions.

COD:MWF2 - sean24 - 11-16-2009

Cheers guys. Sorry about this being another topic on MWF2, I thought there was only the one. But I wanted to do a whole topic so that id get better answers.

COD:MWF2 - Bass_masta992 - 11-16-2009

This is just GTA gone first person to me. civilians are optional but when the cops are there you've gotta do something. But like I said before, there isn't anything to drive this game over the edge. No dismemberment like COD:WAW.

It's on my top favorite games now. I'm level 52 or something already, and a clanmate is 66 with 4 nukes set off. made good use of my 5 day weekend:P

EDIT: Right, I'll stop repeating myself and go do something else now.

COD:MWF2 - Marburg - 11-16-2009

I'll nutshell it for you: If you are driven to ask if a video game is too violent for someone like you, then the answer is yes...it is too violent for you.

Here's how it boils down- you are a kid who is currently being raised as the best kid your parents have the know-how to try & pull off, but there are going to be times in your teen aged mind when you think your judgment is better than theirs, especially when it comes down to justifying reasons to get what you what when you want it.

All in all, you have a couple of choices: you can either honor your parents wishes, not make a fuss & wait another short 4 years to legally make your own life decisions, or you can go behind their backs & do want you want like every other teenager has done from the beginning of time.

So, really, the question is, if you buy the game anyway, do you think your smart enough not to get caught, or, at least smart enough to know that you eventually will be caught & already have an exit strategy in mind?

COD:MWF2 - Tenacity - 11-16-2009

From the morning show on my local radio station...

"Despite call of duty: modern warfare 2 only having been recently released, developers are already announcing plans for their next game... Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. According to the lead developer, Modern Warfare 3 will be the most realistic military game ever created. In modern warfare 3, you play the role of Joe Bob, a highschool dropout from Alabama who joins the U.S. Army."
"After spending the first few levels doing pushups and getting yelled at by a drill instructor, you get shipped off to Iraq where you spend the majority of your time walking through the desert carrying 40 pounds of equipment and an M-14 Assault Rifle that you cant fire unless explicitly ordered to. When you're not walking through the sand, you spend your time filling out paperwork and digging latrines."
"When you finally beat the game and return to America, you're rewarded by everyone bugging you about how hot it was in the desert and if you got to shoot anyone... which you didnt."

=P

COD:MWF2 - Irra - 11-16-2009

Is Dragon Age : Origins violent, you can only cut off every part of body thats sticking out or just listen those characters talking around you *laughs* about stuff , well not for children, anyway its very good game and it deserves Mature rated thing, any CoD so far is child play for that. You can turn off blood if you want, lower details on min and its not real